Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Two New Race Ideas

Default Re: Two New Race Ideas

oh yes, discussion for discussion sake is always fun - I do it constantly.

But I didn't want someoen getting upset because their thread wasn't directly addressed by a dev as far as "wether this will happen" cuz at least on the "new races" front I feel pretty confident in answering .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

hehe sounds cool but how about a sergal? x3 dumb post lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman007 View Post
    lol XD What is a sergal anyway?

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

Quote Originally Posted by flamestar View Post
    lol XD What is a sergal anyway?
    A horribly overused Second Life Consc-

I mean they're bird-dragon-anthrophamorphs.

SOrt of like a mixture between a dragon, a humanoid and a....chicken.
    We're all stuck in a mess of relationships,
    that go on with or without you.

dweebgamer

or there could just be chickens. but they have the hazard of been eaten by dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman007 View Post
    Presumably the creator of the Sergal race (Trancy Mick) would have to give permission and would probably ALSO want some sort of financial benefit for allowing the use of the intellectual property....
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Fix View Post
    A horribly overused Second Life Consc-

I mean they're bird-dragon-anthrophamorphs.

SOrt of like a mixture between a dragon, a humanoid and a....chicken.
    Ok... o_O Wait, you mean like a dragon's khutit form, or a sslisk? Only with more feathers?

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Quote Originally Posted by flamestar View Post
    Ok... o_O Wait, you mean like a dragon's khutit form, or a sslisk? Only with more feathers?
    Nope. Just something that's more tasty

There is evidence of this creature you are talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    There is evidence of this creature you are talking about.

Uh... personally I think a griffin sounds much more appealing lol

A few points ... 1) nice ideas although I like the gryphon better than the variation on the dragon theme... 2) gryphon armor would be similar to horse barding with some alterations to account for the wings 3) there is no reason to restrict them to lighter armors as they are magical beings. Horses have plate barding why not gryphons?But if you want them to have to use something light but tough such as resin or leather... Cedar is a cone bearing tree so it should be able to produce the necessary resin. Smelters can provide adequate heat but you would need a new crafting macine to handle the pressure issue. Does Istaria have that level of technology? ...probably not yet but perhaps a new magical/alchemical device... something related to the Scholar's desk we already use. It would probably look something like a table full of flasks and other alchemical type devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowedraven View Post
    But if you want them to have to use something light but tough such as resin or leather... Cedar is a cone bearing tree so it should be able to produce the necessary resin. Smelters can provide adequate heat but you would need a new crafting macine to handle the pressure issue. Does Istaria have that level of technology?
    Outfitters/tailors use sap to make tannin for processing hide strips into leather armor.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    Outfitters/tailors use sap to make tannin for processing hide strips into leather armor.
    Nice point, Awdz.

Not sure if its been brought up but.. we have Satyrs.. Why not take it a step further? Centaurs? Easily added into the storyline at least, just add a new island to the chain and say they were relatives of some sort... Goofy but its an idea... Haven't seen a Centaur of intelligence especially playable since that goofy two dimensional game which they ended up making a biped in the end anyway...

They're real creatures of myth just as Satyrs and Dragons, and have such potential... Could add a whole different style of buildings too, They would make decent scouts/Elars and even tanks if one wanted to bring them that way...

of course when you speak of adding races the 'graphical cost and yada yada' is always brought into the conversation, but they're all possibilities..
    ~Clearbrooke~ *Riverpaw*
    lv 60 Elemental Archer on Chaos
    Raaliquiryn Vaerkaldra, previously Kirya Al`Taraya (Mistress of the Blighted Guard!)
    lv 100/40/34 Dragon on Chaos

Thread Information