Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Two New Race Ideas

Default Re: Two New Race Ideas

One of those trees can be seen from the pad in bristugo, I fly to it sometimes and the and between the leafs is a platoon the size of 2 times an adult or so. But aslong as it's not home to griffins or dryads, it's mine!

Blog Entries

Yep!
    They are really massive trees and very beautiful.

Here are those screenshots I promised!

Quote Originally Posted by stephan27 View Post
    One of those trees can be seen from the pad in bristugo, I fly to it sometimes and the and between the leafs is a platoon the size of 2 times an adult or so. But aslong as it's not home to griffins or dryads, it's mine!
    platoon? What's that?

Wow! I can't really tell a size comparision, but those sure do look impressive!

Yeah, I could see a griffin nest sitting in the branches of one of those.

Mind if I barrow those screenshots? I want to do some photo-editing to see if a nest would look good in those. I'm gonna have to go and see those trees for myself sometime. Those look like they're big even for an Anicent Dragon!

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Blog Entries

Ulharisk is an adult and he can sit on the side of the tree and it still over-towers him.
    They are huge!

But yeah, you can use the screenshots. After all, we all play this game. XD

What platoon means, well I am not English, so I thought that might be the word for it. What I meant was platform.

Not everyone in the world is English!!!

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/platoon

–noun
    1. a military unit consisting of two or more squads or sections and a headquarters.
    2. a small unit of a police force.
    3. a company or group of persons: a platoon of visitors.
    4. Football. a group of players specially trained in one aspect of the game, as offense or defense, and used as a unit: a halfback on the offensive platoon.

The most common definition that I am aware of is the #1 in this list.

They meant platform...

Yeah I just re-read his post, and I feel like a tard.

I would like to apologize to Stephan27, my response was inappropriate.

What platoon means, well I am not English, so I thought that might be the word for it. What I meant was platform.

Not everyone in the world is English!!!
    Whoa! easy there... easy... I thought it might have been a word mistake, so I was just asking to make sure if that's what it was. If it was me that upset you, then I'm sorry.

By the way, you do a very good job of writing English. I honestly had no idea that it wasn't your native language.

back on topic: How many of those giant trees are there anyway? Is the whole forest like that? And is a platform only in that one tree?

My first venture into Istaria fanfiction: link and my other fanfics: link and artwork: link

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flamestar View Post
    Whoa! easy there... easy... I thought it might have been a word mistake, so I was just asking to make sure if that's what it was. If it was me that upset you, then I'm sorry.

By the way, you do a very good job of writing English. I honestly had no idea that it wasn't your native language.

back on topic: How many of those giant trees are there anyway? Is the whole forest like that? And is a platform only in that one tree?
    I haven't checked the trees(honestly I didn't know there was a platform on them), so I don't know, but I do know that the trees are about everywhere in that area around Bristago and such.

Assumes apology, atleast that's what google translator sais. (It didn't upset me really, just making something clear to those of us who might not understand). But now back on the topic before it screws up the topic.

I attached a picture of the 'platform' in the tree I meant.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stephan27; May 15th, 2010 at 04:04 PM.

Assumes apology, atleast that's what google translator sais. (It didn't upset me really, just making something clear to those of us who might not understand). But now back on the topic before it screws up the topic.

I attached a picture of the 'platform' in the tree I meant.
    Oh cool! it's actually part of the tree! I thought you meant something that was built up there. lol

Okay, clearly I am no concept artist but reading this thread has inspired me greatly and now I got griffins on the brain.
    I want one now.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Awesome!

*returns to anonymity*
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Sweet! That one looks better then mine! lol, I'm not too good at drawing griffins anyway.

Looks great! and by the looks of it, I think the way it is drawn would really help the devs to make a model! (If it will be in the game sometime.)

Maybe you can make one for serpent dragons too. Haven't really seen a drawing of those on the topic.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Okay, clearly I am no concept artist but reading this thread has inspired me greatly and now I got griffins on the brain.
    I want one now.....
    That is pretty awesome sketch and about the size I would believe to be.
    Probably the clutching(Hatchling, chick), would be about up to a Human's waist, I would believe.
    That way they are much smaller then even Dragon Hatchlings. XD

As for a serpent dragon design, I may take a wack at that, but I haven't been in a much of a dragon doodling mood(or I would have done one awhile back).
    I also have given much thought to them since we been focusing on the Griffons, which seem to be a more people desired want.

I think that the idea of the Serpent Dragons being outcasts of Dragonkind would be an interesting plot line...

But how would that particular story work out in terms of them being playable characters? Certainly the idea of them being thought extinct because of Dragons' hunting, and then mistakenly unearthed by Lairshaping could work. But what then? They hate Drulkar and his people, but maybe don't know about the Whithered Aegis.

And then there's the question of the Griffins' story. I think we've pretty much agreed that they would live on an Island and have been completely isolated from the rest of Istaria for who-knows-how-long. I still think it would be good to have the Whithered Aegis invade their home area or something and drive them to seek help, which would inevitably lead to an encounter with the other Living Races and thus their introduction into the game.

But then that leaves the question: why would the WA invade in the first place? To spread Blight, sure, but would that be their only motive? The only interest that Island would give to them, IMO, is that it might be close to the other Living Races and thus a strategic point for Deadlands if they thought it was uninhabited, OR their interest could be the Griffin Race themselves.

Granted, they would be interested once they found the Griffins anyway, but if they somehow found out that the Griffins live there before they invade. Well, would that be enough at attract their attention?

Then again, I barely know anything about the WA. They're all undead, so would they even need a motive in the first place?

What do you guys think? Am I just thinking too hard about this?

I would say the WA was just in need for more resources and then found the griffin island on the map. Maybe it didn't even have a name and was thought to be uninhabitable, well atleast for living creatures. Ofcourse zombies are a different story.
    When they found griffins they had to kill all of them. This way they started a war.

As for the idea of serpent dragons being outcasts, I dont think they would really fit as good guys. Why would they join forces with dragons? If i was a serpent dragon I would join forces with the WA, like the skulks.

I would say the WA was just in need for more resources and then found the griffin island on the map. Maybe it didn't even have a name and was thought to be uninhabitable, well atleast for living creatures. Ofcourse zombies are a different story.
    When they found griffins they had to kill all of them. This way they started a war.

As for the idea of serpent dragons being outcasts, I dont think they would really fit as good guys. Why would they join forces with dragons? If i was a serpent dragon I would join forces with the WA, like the skulks.
    IMO, WA would enslave the griffins rather than outright kill them, like they did the satyrs.
    I do like the idea of water-based serpent dragons being available for player characters, perhaps just separated from the flying kind long ago when dragonkind was in turmoil and they took to the deeps. Perhaps they resurface now because the tunneling WA is invading their underwater homeland? Murk crabs and undead can exist down there...

Thread Information