Thread: grand size dragon lair

Question grand size dragon lair

I have only found three and on chaos, all are owned. On blight, my hatchie owns one. Are there more Grand sized lairs out there and if so where are they? thanx.
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

Default Re: grand size dragon lair

The only ones I can think of are the ones in Ker'tis, on Serenity, and Drakul.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

theres a grand size?

They're the lair equivalent of master guild plots.

drakul? dont think that was where I find the third one.. I'll have to go look now. Too bad they didnt have more grand size lairs.

Yes they were meant for all-dragon guilds to have a "guild plot" of their own that didn't just have one or two lair slots among the biped-guild-slots (like the regular guild plots have).

There are not many dragon guilds, so maybe that's why there are only a few dragon-only-guild-plots in game. When my guild was active we were hoping they would introduce more in less out-of-the-way places. That never happened .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I only know Serenity (north of Drakul) and Aedan (south of Draak). Would love to have one of them.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

The guild lairs are:
    Aedin
    Serenity
    Ker'tis
    Drakul

There's some open on Blight, but they rarely open on live servers as ownership is usually passed player to player rather than sold outright.

yeah Aeden was the third place. but thank you for the listing of all four I wish there were more grand size lairs available through Istaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    The guild lairs are:
    Aedin
    Serenity
    Ker'tis
    Drakul

There's some open on Blight, but they rarely open on live servers as ownership is usually passed player to player rather than sold outright.
    Not quite sure were Ker'tis can be found, but all the lairs on Drakul that I have seen so far have been regular open for sale Lair-only communities and not Guild Lairs were one of the community's lairs is bigger. Bipeds are officially not allowed that is true.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

The guild lair is at the very middle and south edge of Drakul. Where the "D" is or some such.

Ker'tis is in Trandalaar. It's pretty.

I Own Aedan on Order. They are fun and i do wish there were more. It is even sadder when you see them unbuilt and collecting dust..granted thats any nice lair

Quote Originally Posted by Akuluxtraxas View Post
    I Own Aedan on Order. They are fun and i do wish there were more. It is even sadder when you see them unbuilt and collecting dust..granted thats any nice lair
    Even further to that effect, I also criticize lair design in these. I once visited Chaos to see what wonders they had done with the Drakul lair I owned on Order only to find that it was a silo farm, something that could be built in any size lair and was what in my self-important opinion was a waste and a disappointment in regards to the use of the largest lair in the game.

is there any place where we can get a list of what lairs are available and their location? The plot/lair page under play.istaria.com hasn't been updated in ages it seems and the brustigo one only shows a map with no information.

Bristugo works. Go here:
    http://bristugo.com/freeplotsgmap

then check the boxes of your criteria and cluck "Update Map". If you don't click "Update Map" then yes, nothing will show, but you need to tell the map what server you are on at least.

Thanks Shian...missed those features before somehow (been working long days...up at 3:30 am and I don't get home till about 6pm usually). That answered my question. It's kinda funny, the plot I am saving up for is in some ways bigger than a more expensive one...and i like it's location better so I will finish up saving for that

Thanks again.

Is there a waiting list for these lairs?

Are they passed down from one player to another?

If one of them does happen to come up for sale is there a process where everyone has an equal chance to purchase it?

Or

Is there any plans to open up more of the big lairs on Order?

The last update several plots were expanded, couldn't lairs be as well?
    ----------- Edit ------------
    Or, what about a lair re size and charge an additional monthly fee? This would not be a total stretch from paying to own a plot/lair.

There's no waiting list that I'm aware of. If an active guild owns the lesser plots, then they generally get a chance to keep the master plot if the holder disappears, but otherwise they're just like other plots. First come, first serve when they come up for sale.

Changing the size of a lair seems to be tricky business judging by the botched public lair in Chiconis. And you wouldn't be able to pay for it either because a lair will be the same dimensions across all servers.

Thread Information