Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drulkars wrath

Default Re: Drulkars wrath

SiLang: The spell effect is wonderful: Up to 3 diff. Drulkar`s popping up.
    I really love that.

I use this spell to impress hatchies..like the "BOOM" spell..^^

Seriously: I use Volcano more often- but is DW so much weaker than bipeds epic-spells?
    Can anyone tell?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I'll take a look at both the spell itself and creating a "tie-in" to the lair.
    Cool. Thanks for the peak. The questgiver's lair isn't that FAR away from everything, but there's nothing really else to send people that way as I recall. A lot of folk knew about it when it went in cuz we had to build the lair. But most of those folk are no longer around.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Actually this spell is pretty darn awesome. The dragon I'm casting it with is 100% lunus, but it still does considerable damage (especially compared to the other spells). Especially being an AoE.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    Actually this spell is pretty darn awesome. The dragon I'm casting it with is 100% lunus, but it still does considerable damage (especially compared to the other spells). Especially being an AoE.
    Now the Arts cool.. but the other dragon 4 AOE's... Preety useless... Nothing shiney to make them used.. to make dragons impressive... Kinda stinks for Heliens who need primal spells but again.. they dont not enough damage to a level 75 with the higest spell... aoe... blasts a Curcle... tempest, Curcle,.. gust.. Curcle... and whats the last one? Barrage.. a curcle...

Drakuls wrath is a good spell...but only downside? too long of a Cooldown.. all epics should be at least 5 mins.. not a 10 min useage...

All the spell casters in this game suffer from much lower damage output than meele or even ranged classes. Also most of the abilities towards spell casting are having much longer cooldowns and dragons can't even get them at all. For example in bipeds multicast is the equivalent to multistrike, IIRC multistrike has a 2min cooldown, multicast 10min. For Dragons it's even worse.. you get ravage, gold rage, silver rage... all do multiple meele strikes but there is nothing to have a spell striking your enemy multiple times.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Joking, aren't you? (not aimed at Garfonso, but at the previous posters)
    The only nice thing about the Drulkar's Wrath is the spell animation. I agree it is marvelous. The quest itself, albeit a bit too long, it is also marvelous.
    But then what do you get?
    10 minutes recycle for a spell that barely does twice (or it is less than that?) the damage of a regular teched spell like Blast?
    And all those while being advertised as the ultimate mean of destruction?

Come'on
    The raw DPS of the so called epic spells should be way better than the regular teched spells.
    Last edited by Northwind; April 4th, 2012 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Garfonso :)
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

I'm also wondering who is serious and who isn't. I use the spell to kill bronze golems when harvesting because that's all it's good for. And impressing hatchies... anything else dodges it or it does so little damage that the few ticks of my auto attack or a simple barrage spell are better.

This is on my primalist -and- melee character so if someone has a loadout where this spell isn't totally useless, please post here what the magic stat numbers are, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Much as I agree that this epic spell is most likely under-powered, I don't feel that I can properly boost it given the state of the Dragon school in general.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    All the spell casters in this game suffer from much lower damage output than meele or even ranged classes. Also most of the abilities towards spell casting are having much longer cooldowns and dragons can't even get them at all. For example in bipeds multicast is the equivalent to multistrike, IIRC multistrike has a 2min cooldown, multicast 10min. For Dragons it's even worse.. you get ravage, gold rage, silver rage... all do multiple meele strikes but there is nothing to have a spell striking your enemy multiple times.
    Primal Cast.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Isn't it Ancient only too?
    Not to mention that it has 5 minutes recycle to add only 2 extra attacks to next casted spell - imho it should be on 3 minutes recycle
    Also the same 3 minutes recycle should be applied to all epics - more specifically to Drulkar's Wrath since this topic is dedicated to it.

@amon, all casting abilites of Dragons are underpowered, but epics and ancient only spell and abilities are even more underpowered.
    Anyway, it was just a sugestion, nothing more, based mostly on the fact that
    Blast V + Primal Damage V on 30s recycle does roughly 50% damage of the damage dealth by DW which has a recycle 20 times bigger.
    Even on 3 minutes recycle it will be weaker DPS wise than Blast V, but coupled with Primal Cast could show some potential...
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Primal Cast is NOT Ancient-only. Last I'd checked it required Adult due to flying, but they might have changed that too. Still not as great as things like Gold Rage, but realistically, nothing in the game is. Except Gold Rage.

Thanks for the response Amon! Sad we can't expect a buff to this spell due to other things being too good, but I'd love to see some sort of breadcrumbs or hints about that lair being there in-game. Even if the spell at the end isn't the be-all end-all, I heartily approve of more awareness of the quests. Because mmm, LORE.

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    Primal Cast is NOT Ancient-only. Last I'd checked it required Adult due to flying, but they might have changed that too. Still not as great as things like Gold Rage, but realistically, nothing in the game is. Except Gold Rage.

Thanks for the response Amon! Sad we can't expect a buff to this spell due to other things being too good, but I'd love to see some sort of breadcrumbs or hints about that lair being there in-game. Even if the spell at the end isn't the be-all end-all, I heartily approve of more awareness of the quests. Because mmm, LORE.

DW is very underpowered the only good Ability the dragons have is GR and Flame Burst... and Dragon Fear.. (if used correctly)

If DW did 2k damage then the 10 min counter would suit the spell... It would match the Discription too... When you make Spells you gotta match them to the Discription... If you dont well the Results we are already are seeing...

I dont mind the Damage... i just like the Art animation.. so 3 mins is a good idea gotta remember tho it USES hoard points so...
    Any way...

At least Change the Art for the Dragons OTHER AOE stuff.. Then idc about the damage output on them.. I just want to cast a tempest tornado.. not a Partical of defult rings..

Wemm Amon... can you think that would do?
    When the time to eat a knight is to Roast them till there ready as COOKED spam...
    What can i say? im a Classic dragon looking for a free easy meal?
    Or facing my family... Isent always a Wise decision..

Quote Originally Posted by ArchDemon View Post
    Wemm Amon... can you think that would do?
    Sorry, no can do.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    Primal Cast is NOT Ancient-only. Last I'd checked it required Adult due to flying, but they might have changed that too.
    Yup. My Brightheart has it. Primal Cast and Volcano on a hatchie is so much fun

finely I get Drulkar's wrath.
    realy epic animation.
    and what I think about mechanics?
    well, I think Drulkar's praying realy epic action, to make it too often, so I prefea not to low cooldoun time (and maiby rise it) but do effect more dreadfull.
    isn't it a God's wrath?
    so let it slain all and every common creatures in one blow. (every expret of epic bosses.)
    It must be very atmospheric.

PS; I hear, that wrath and volcano affects each other. can't tell for sure, do not have volcano yet. but it may be even interesting: volcano with low dmg and short cooldown, and wrath with great dmg and long cooldown.
    or it is imposible? and both cooldowns at same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Krinharth View Post
    PS; I hear, that wrath and volcano affects each other. can't tell for sure, do not have volcano yet. but it may be even interesting: volcano with low dmg and short cooldown, and wrath with great dmg and long cooldown.
    or it is imposible? and both cooldowns at same time?
    Pretty sure all Epic spells (Volcano, Drulkar's Wrath, Dark Cyclone and Shinning Blades) all share 100% timers, with all spells on a 10min timer. Obviously dragons cannot get the latter two, and peds cannot get Drulkars Wrath (and DC/SB are not castable by any of the same schools). Volcano is definitely the best for a ped (combined with Fusion Burn, Perfect Spell and Multi-Cast), while Dark Cyclone is a close second. [Shinning Blades sucks, no two ways around that]

I have yet to recieve either Volcano or Dralkurs Wrath on my Dragon (up to part 9 for Wrath!), but I certainly enjoy Primal Cast + BoFB

It sure would be nice if Epic Spells were auto-hit for max damage, and preferably if there could do over 2k damage to each mob in range... Given the 10min cooldown, it does make sense in my mind

Happy hunting, see yas in Istaria
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    ... but I certainly enjoy Primal Cast + BoFB

Keep enjoying it cause both Volcano and DW sucks in terms of damage/recycle (or plain DPS).
    To compensate for that, the animation for both is marvelous while BoFB is really dull

Well, i guess we cant have it all

Wink Re: Drulkars wrath

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post

Well, i guess we cant have it all
    We can sure want it though

Thread Information