Thread: Let new players know Blight is a test server

Default Let new players know Blight is a test server

I've noticed a lot of people showing up on Blight lately who are totally new to Istaria. They show up in the Old Blight chat channel and ask questions and when talking to them you realize that they have never played the game before. When we let them know that Blight is the test server, they seem surprised. In fact, some have expressed frustration over something that may be temporarily not working, and it negatively impacts their initial experience with the game.

I never understood why someone would choose the test server when playing a game for the first time... Then someone mentioned that in a default installation, when the launcher window pops up, the first entry is "Create a new character on Blight".

I have moved my list all around, putting my most played chars at the top of the list, so I have no idea if this is true or not. If it is true, could that be changed, so that Blight is listed at the bottom? Or maybe put a message on the launcher that indicates that Blight is the test server?

While we love having new people play on Blight, we want them to stick around... having someone's first experience with Istaria be frustrating can make them not want to stick around.

Just a suggestion

Default Re: Let new players know Blight is a test server

It is only with the most recent launcher that Blight shows up on top of the list.

In actuality, Blight shouldn't be showing at all as a server where new accounts (those without any characters) as a possible destination for creating a character. The fact that it is right now is a bug.

Thread Information