Thread: Prove your mettle, warrior quest

Default Prove your mettle, warrior quest

I am slogging away on the warrior quest outta Kion, Prove you Mettle. In it you are to kill 30 lvl 20+ creatures on Lesser Aradoth, not including undead. I've been slaughtering Bronze Bolder Golems by the bucketload, toss in spiders when forest/jungle crawling, the odd Treant, Giant Sand Beetles and various other critters as I find them and still no joy. The creature count on the quest is 0/1, as it was when I got the quest. I presumed this meant it would goto 1/1 when I nailed 30 creatures, but after at least a week of doing this I am positive I killed more then 30 +20 lvl creatures and no quest marker. And have gone up at least 5 lvls in the pursuit of this. Do the golems not count or have I just lvl'd myself past being able to get credit for this, or is it bugged?? Don't wanna cancel and restart if I dun hafta. Tho at least killing these golems (and I laugh when they mob me now) lvl'd me fast (+75% of way to 32, now). Anyhow, anyone know how I'm screwing this pooch?

Sleel

lvl 31 human war, jack of all trades till I decide on crafting direction and get a plot.

Default Re: Prove your mettle, warrior quest

May I ask who you received this quest from? It is actually an "Antique" (as in obsolete) quest that shouldn't be being given out. It is broken, as you discovered, and the only creatures which will count to advance the quest are ruxus. At this time not being replaced because we're working on adding quests that aren't so school specific so more players can do them.

I beleive it was the warrior trainer in Kion. Not positive anymore, either he or the trophy nunter, tho I'm leaning to the warrior. Leveled past the quests I can get from Kion trophy hunter while randomly expolring Dalimond Pen and areas south. Minutely possible I got it from Militia commander but pretty sure I got it from the warrior. Ah well, at least banging on the golems slammed me up several levels quik. Thx

Sleel

It is listed in my quest log as "Warrior Quest: Proving Your Mettle", 'swhy I'm fairly sure it is from him. Tho I suppose if I went out and killed a ruxus it would 'finish' it as the kill counter on it is 0/1, but dunno where they are and am just gonna delete it now that I know it broke. Merci again.

There are Ruxus south of Dalimond and for all their size, they aren't a bad fight (not social). You might as well not throw away the potential XP.

I remember getting that from the Kion warrior trainer a few months ago.
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

Unfortunaltely, too late. Had just windowed my game to check this and then dumped it when got the answer. At the time had never run cross ruxus before, tho now that I have found them they were just over the hill. Ah well, banging golems game me plent of xp, even if it was tedious after a bit. Now doing some mage training, not gonna stick with it, hate being a mage, regardless of the RPG I'm playing. My pref is Rogue like chars dual-wielding swords with some minor magics picked up along the way. Ah well, at some point will be making a saris char, if this glitch still round by then will keep this in mind.

Sleel

Thread Information