Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slash Resistance

Default Slash Resistance

Recently I was in a pvp battle with a friend I had my full slash Resistance suet on got my resistance to right close to 500 I wanted it to be a fair fight so I took off my demon claw for the match and used a socket spiked emerald claw witch i customized and befor i got my epic weapons named Death
    Crystals in Death
    Rad lacerating Light ruby and fangs of furry

Her claw
    Deadly
    +2 sockets without Primal attack V
    Started off the typical stance shield of gold spiked scales refreshing breeze her gold rage dame near 1 shoted me !

Hear is combat log

[07/05/10 22:02:43]Player A hit you with Gold Rage VII for 923 Slash damage.
    [07/05/10 22:02:43]Player A hit you with Gold Rage VII for 825 Slash damage.
    [07/05/10 22:02:43]Player A hit you with Gold Rage VII for 872 Slash damage.
    For a woping 2620 damage .

I can see 2 possible reasons for this

Reason A the server did not subtract my resistance level from the incoming damage Plus her fangs of furry most likely activated on top of her deadly tech kit on her claw .

Reason B Slash Resistance V has an unknown bug that dose not report to the server that the player is very resistant to this form of damage

The weird thing is that when I go in to the labyrinth I can akf in combat with this set on and the mobs get killed with epi just swatting them throws mobs are 110 +

So what’s the deal hear how come I was so easily defeated?

Is this the intent of the tech kit of deadly to virtually add armor shreds to the target?

( it did not give the effect but the result was just the same I mean come on it cut throw shield of gold and a very high resistance level like it was butter )

Is it the intent of these weapons tech kit’s to totally out class the epic weapon system in comparison

Or was I misinformed many years ago that ward was for long range attacks and resistance was for close range attacks
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Default Re: Slash Resistance

It is my understanding that wards are a chance to avoid all damage (of that type) and resists reduce the amount of damage (of that type) received. Not ever heard distance had any factor in it.

If your opponent is heavy tooth and claw dragon then those rage strikes are on the light side. If your opponent was primal dragon, that is about what my gold rages hit for with deadly. I have zero points in tooth and claw with only 3 scales teched with it. I run deadly tech with razor teeth and piercing winds wings. Take what I say with a grain of salt, as I have never done any pvp in this game to see how well things land on another player.

Dracaena

She took the claw off and the damage was below 100 and yes i 2 am a heavy tooth and claw dragon

on all my scales 1 attrabute (tooth and claw ) 1 stat (Normaly strength ) and 1 defencive tech (caus i am a mass tanking player ) always on armor the fact is Shield of gold was not a help it took the hord away but did not reduce the damage closest thing i can relate to is haveing armor shreads on a non epic claw
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Or was I misinformed many years ago that ward was for long range attacks and resistance was for close range attacks
    You were misinformed.

[I believe and am happy to be corrected if I have this wrong but]

Ward - is a percentage chance that the attack never hits you.

Resistance - the attack hits - but then does less damage because of your resistance.

It has absolutely nothing to do with distance.

Slash Resistance is working.

If you had not had the slash resistance, the gold rages would likely have hit you for 1200 1200 1200 or so-ish.

You are mistaken in your belief that buffing strength instead of tooth&claw skill is the way to maximizing your damage potential. I've tried to tell you this before but you (apparently) didn't use the information. We've also told you that the new techs can work pretty well but you did not heed that advice either.

*shrugs*

But come now G .. what can you do to defend against the saris attack of "furry fangs"?

Recently I was in a pvp battle with a friend I had my full slash Resistance suet on got my resistance to right close to 500
    Try repeating this attack scenario 3-5 times, then repeat it 3-5 times with EVERYTHING the same, except no slash resist on your scales. Post the results here.

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx
    But come now G .. what can you do to defend against the saris attack of "furry fangs"?
    Counter the attack with a "Slightly Dull Razor"!
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Slash Resistance is working.

If you had not had the slash resistance, the gold rages would likely have hit you for 1200 1200 1200 or so-ish.

You are mistaken in your belief that buffing strength instead of tooth&claw skill is the way to maximizing your damage potential. I've tried to tell you this before but you (apparently) didn't use the information. We've also told you that the new techs can work pretty well but you did not heed that advice either.

*shrugs*
    Perhaps you missed that part of the post Guaran I buff both T&C & Str on scales. However since you want to bring it up ... I took your advice and maxed out my t and c and noticed it did not help much except for the accuracy of my attacks. The damage actually decreased 100-150 but i still have them in there

Point 2 of what you said
    I never said that Battle forged or deadly where bad In-fact to the contrary I will recommend any of the above tech kits to players that do not have Epic weapons .

Piercing winds to me just allows Gail-wind to recycle faster it is still my opinion that sacking Tooth and claw Strength are not worth it Velocity on the other hand its possible to sub out but i am a pack rat and am running low on inventory room so having a special speed wings would not be practical at the moment

On to the bite tech i again faced it in pvp Hers was still weaker than mine so it is still my opinion that its not worth loosing a crystal socket

As for the quest tech kits i have not tested these yet there for i can not draw a well informed conclusion

Now back to the original meaning of the post and for now on pleas keep it on topic

Shield of gold was active with a resistance close to 500 the damage should have been much less. That's the reason why i Originally posted this in game bugs because of 2 reasons.

A. There is no way in heck with shield of gold active i should have been dealt a 900 damage Multi hit attack .

B. It is my Understanding from the devs them self some where (forgot where the post is) But the new tech kits are NOTsupposed to out class EPIC weapons in any way that is not the intent.

Shield of gold was active with a resistance close to 500 the damage should have been much less. That's the reason why i Originally posted this in game bugs because of 2 reasons.

A. There is no way in heck with shield of gold active i should have been dealt a 900 damage Multi hit attack .

B. It is my Understanding from the devs them self some where (forgot where the post is) But the new tech kits are NOTsupposed to out class EPIC weapons in any way that is not the intent.
    A) There sure is. Maxed out gold rages -can- hit for 1400-2000 damage (per single hit), I've seen it. And depending on who your opponent is, that is even possible if you wear armor scales, since some people love to use their long-out-of-the-game crystals that do ethereal damage. As for shield of gold, it absorbs only up to 500 damage per hit. So if you got hit by 900, then the original hit would have been around 1400.

B) Epic weapons, in contrary to their name, are by no means epic. I haven't tried valkor's claw yet, but the demon claw is a joke compared to a fully teched and socketed level 100 claw.

On a side note, your belief that Piercing Winds only (or at all) affects Galewind is wrong.

Well i have never seen a 2000 gold rage in my 4 years in istaria this might have been obtained with the demon claws effect called armor shreds.

Valcors blood talon would outclass just about every claw out there in certain scenarios

It rules when your vex hunting because often times you are attacked my 5 -10 withered ages + your main target and it keeps you alive also the str and t and c boost it gives is very nice it is by all means EPIC and it is an EPIC pain in the (BEEP Censor) to get

Speaking as a user of blood talon i can testify that it increased damage to special claw attacks such as ravage silver strike and gold rage the demon claw has lost most of its luster and is more of a trophy item.

hopefully the devs will look at this is fix it but i am not holding my breath

my Fangs crystal got retired ever since it was borked a year ago haven't bothered with it since so its another dust collector i have

As for Piercing winds if what you say is true then indeed it would be worth to have a separate speed set of scales for traveling

Now back on topic morph there is 2 factors hear

Shield of Gold according to you mitigates 500 damage per strike ---- i can some what believe that i have seen it done a bit more but ok

+ (not in game so i cant check for a fact so i am going to say) 500 resistance to slash on top of that for arguments sake -500 mitigation from sog she would have to have something like 2000 per strike witch is impossible with armor scales t 6 armor crystals Resistance crystals and scales in use never in my years of play have i seen any thing hit that hard except for sog when he is cranky and even then i can use my crush suet and survive several direct attack from him

this player dose not have any of the crystals you spoke of she just turned ancient last week

I'm not a dragon and I don't play one... however, my understanding of resistance is it basically adds that much armor to that particular type of damage. So if you have 2000 armour and 500 slash res, thats like having 2500 armor when being attacked by slash damage. AND my very basic (played around in excel to simulate this) is that for every 10 to 20 points of armour you have, equates to about 1 point of damage reduction. So your interpretation of 500 resistance equating to 500 points of damaged reduction is a little off... as far as my interpretion goes

And as for Steelclaws comments... pretty much spot on.
    What you've shown us is one sample of data, which is statistically insignificant and not reliable, so if you would like to try it again and see how it goes then that would be much more helpful. Also keep in mind that everything in this game (even the world to an extent) is drawn from a random number from a particular distribution, iirc the guassian (normal?) distribution. [OT] So what you might have experienced is simply a random number chosen from the high end tail with a small probability, however not impossible.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

EPI, neither Flameus nor me ever used resistance techs or crystals.
    I very seldom use demon claw or blood talon, cause they limit me too much.
    Fangs of fury- sometimes.
    I banned Hero`s resolve from my hot key bars
    (one minute baah-*looks at Amon*^^)

but we have 4 sets of combat wing scales, and numerous different teched (new techs) and socketed claws.
    So we can change to what our opponent "needs".
    We have mith/marb armor scales and additional armor crystals
    (not in claw or head).
    If we are well prepared its hard to one strike us- cant remember when this happened last time.

What I wanted to say: Are you sure you took advance of all there is for a drag?
    Equipment, skilling, techs, crystals, buffs?
    You will have to try a lot, to find out what is opti for you to use for diffrent opponents.
    Good for us that there is more than one "best solution"
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Believe it or not, I have seen Kalemendrax hit for over 7000 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphaz Bladewing View Post
    Believe it or not, I have seen Kalemendrax hit for over 7000 damage.
    with a single strike?!
    i'm impressed when my most powerful arrow shot does over 1000 !

First off... The Demon Claw is a joke...
    Was a joke when I didnt yet use Deadly V on my claw
    Is a joke now that I do use Deadly
    Will still be a joke when I craft a new claw to include the T2 flame tech next to 1 socket and Deadly V.

I am trully gratefull to the player that gave it to me... Because I got the chance to check out a claw I never thought I would ever get (considering I don't group a lot). However when I had been given the claw and tried it I was sadfully unimpressed. For group fights it might be good, but the Armor Shreds when it finally activates... It has passed already before I even got a new attack in. So I quickly changed it back for my own crafted claw.

The highest damage I have seen my gold rages do so far was 1600-1700 per strike both with and without Ice/Flame/Energy, I am still testing it for Primal Attack V, but only have it for 1 day now.

I remember someone explaining to me how gold rages could theoreticly get so high and was trully impressed... Cannot seem to remember the name I am afraid, I suck at remembering names...
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Counter the attack with a "Slightly Dull Razor"!
    Or a small brush teched with minty-flavored paste?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    Or a small brush teched with minty-flavored paste?
    rofl
    It's a confectioner thing I presume?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    EPI, neither Flameus nor me ever used resistance techs or crystals.
    I very seldom use demon claw or blood talon, cause they limit me too much.
    Fangs of fury- sometimes.
    I banned Hero`s resolve from my hot key bars
    (one minute baah-*looks at Amon*^^)

but we have 4 sets of combat wing scales, and numerous different teched (new techs) and socketed claws.
    So we can change to what our opponent "needs".
    We have mith/marb armor scales and additional armor crystals
    (not in claw or head).
    If we are well prepared its hard to one strike us- cant remember when this happened last time.

What I wanted to say: Are you sure you took advance of all there is for a drag?
    Equipment, skilling, techs, crystals, buffs?
    You will have to try a lot, to find out what is opti for you to use for diffrent opponents.
    Good for us that there is more than one "best solution"
    yes i have and the difference was a weaker gold rage but more accurate
    i will half to do some investigating if the new tech kits can out class the blood talon but it seams when ever i am in a tight spot and in massive mob combat it always pops heals me and i wind up killing every thing that dare attack me

as for not having resistance i have found out throw trial and error that it greatly helps With out resistance i could not solo mobs like umarry the golem king Mohs ect

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    with a single strike?!
    i'm impressed when my most powerful arrow shot does over 1000 !

Haha, no. All together.

as for not having resistance i have found out throw trial and error that it greatly helps With out resistance i could not solo mobs like umarry the golem king Mohs ect
    For a long time now I have played the game with my PV scale and 2 triple socket forleg scales.
    Both with health xtals, 1 burning embers (yes I am one of the rare few I guess), the remaining 3 were slash and crush xtals (for a loooong time lvl 40/60 or so since I hardly hunt). Combined with a full scale set of Armor (now Health) scales and TnC/Strenght/Armor(or health) tech added I have made most non-epic mobs bite the dust (noticable failure so far are the Kwellen Berserkers they are called in southern ED??)… okay, okay… Sometimes I lost as well in the case of Umyarr as adult dragon 5 or 6 loses and 1 victory (not sure if I took him on as ancient yet, perhaps I should soon anyway). Yeah I know... I like a beating, but it pays off...
    What I am trying to say is that apart from a few xtals I have never used resistance/warding tech of any kind and while it probably makes the game more difficult… Ow well it is a game you know and so far there is no mob that I haven’t been able to kill except for the epics like SoG of Myloc Queen (there are more but you get the point).
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information