Thread: modding question ^^

Post modding question ^^

i've been trying to make some mods (like a simple khutit->hatchling mod) and now i've been wondering how to change the tints of your dragon.

from what i've seen there are a number of tint files:
    Dragon_[colour].act (main colour?)
    Dragon_Overlay_[colour].act (highlight?)
    Dragon_Skin_[colour].act
    Dragon_Stripe_[colour].act (the decall colour?)

if someone could explain to me what all of these files are, and how to find the files that a dragon has (mine being pink with purple decalls)

also wondering if you could replace textures of other stuff (like mobs) with the dragon textures

Default Re: modding question ^^

The tint files are a set color. You can open them and see them if you have photoshop.

You can tell what color you have by recreating your dragon in new character screen. I haven't yet figured out how to save a modified one though.

Okay, I've found out how. If you follow the instructions here:
    http://www.projectwoman.com/articles...opSwatches.htm

you can make your own swatches by using an image, but they honestly work better if they're in the proper color order. Otherwise you end up with some weird things

I'm still trying to make a swatch of the "copper" that Keserith is on my screen.

ok thanks Shian ^.=.^

is it possible to open the files with a different program too? or do they only work with photoshop?

.act files as a color set file is only compatible with photoshop and a really expensive animation program.

soo ummm, i just downloaded photoshop CS2 (trial) and i was wondering how do i actually "open" those .act files? so far i've only been able to crash my computer :P

Have an image open and change it to Image > Mode > Indexed Color. I would recommend opening up one of the gray scale dragon skin files that has lots of detail. Now click Image > Mode > Color Table... In the window that opens, click Load then navigate to the act files. When you open a file, it will tint the skin file to a somewhat close to in game look.

gray scale dragon skin file???
    really new to all this hehe

Thread Information