Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk to the team: Plots

Default Re: Talk to the team: Plots

lawns, flowers, ponds streams that's all for me

Much like Andaras said.. "#3- Bring back some of the lost Racial Buildings. "

They don't have to have a useful function (storage/PB/Connie/NPCs), just the option to build them to take up plot space.
    I think the Fiend ones had some issues, so whatever that was, please fix.

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to express our wishes!

I would like the ability to sod my plot and the opportunity to choose from different skins. (IE Various colors/textures of grass, grass with tiny white flowers, wildflower patches, sand in various colors, snow, smooth pebbles, Zen whorls in sand, pond, flowing water, fields of poppies, a small flower patch with hovering butterflies, I could go on and on...)

I would like to be able to build planter boxes and gardens. Maybe some of the above skins could be used to fill them. (IE A planter box with a patch of red poppies)

I would like to be able to build my own plot marker, perhaps a couple of options of an entrance arch with the ability to personalize. (IE A big ivy covered wooden arch with the phrase "Speak friend and enter" or "Crafter's Grove", a marble arch with "Idana's Haven", metal Steampunk-type arches, use wisps to make glowing letters or designs)

I would like to have more flora options. (IE Smaller flowering trees, climbing roses, trellises with vines, grape arbors, maybe some items with very small footprints to fill in those pesky areas)

I would definitely like to see more random design elements in various themes. I would like for some of them to have movement to give a feeling of life to the plots. (IE Decorative urns, urn size fountains, statuary representing various elements of Istaria, Steampunk style moving gear statues, both wood and stone bridges, more edging like stack able timbers on the ground and pavers, dare I say pinwheels and pink flamingos?, pillars that urns or small fountains can sit on, street lighting/lanterns, different skin options for walkways, smaller stone clusters, cairns, squirrel/bird feeders, reflecting pools, again I can go on and on)

It seems there are a lot of common themes, I hope some of them make it to game!

Thanks,
    Idana

Banners for each of the classes in game. This would include the Adventure and Crafting classes. I see them on the character screen and outside the trainers all the time. Would be nice to show your skills on your plot.

Gates
    Doors
    Guardhouses

Foliage that tracks the season - actually changes with the season of the year (maybe automatic - or require player to make the change but should be simple)

Flowering trees
    Last edited by Velea; August 27th, 2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Off topic portions deleted
    Concoidal Fractus
    Expert Dragon Crafter - Master Lairshaper

1. The ability to change the ground cover, by whatever means. Maybe a tile that's really thin.

2. Different varieties of flora, for all seasons. I'd love to see flowers and most if not all varieties of tree that populate Istaria. Feladani trees and trees like the huge one in Bristugo would be amazing, as would the "flowers" in Dralnok's Doom, though I won't hold my breath for those. Maybe even cactii, since I know there are plots in the desert. Non-functional food resources would be cool too, like banana trees, date trees, etc.

4. Statues. I've always wanted to have one of those dragon statues on my plot, but it'd be nice if there were one for each race at least. Statues of monsters like Akrion described would be neat too. Perhaps even a fountain made out of one of the dragon statues, like a mini version of the dragon fountain in Tazoon.

5. Gates would be nice. When I say gates, I mean like.. garden gates. There's some examples in Tazoon. Like these: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...s/tazgates.png
    Last edited by Velea; August 27th, 2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Off topic portion deleted (no functionality items)

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Some kind of buildable version of the fern ground clutter, as well as the butterfly emitter and the anthill that's here and there in Istaria. (I know there's one on Genevia island somewhere.)
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

A set of steps that can be placed at the ends of the vault building and the non-ramped exit/entry to the tiered stonework and scholar workshops.

flowers, grasses.. most of my thoughts have already been expressed.

I know you said water wasn't doable, but how about (as someone else suggested) water as basically a ground re-colour, that didn't require ground reshaping or actual water effects? I don't mind being able to walk on top of my pond, so long as it has lily pads and looks pretty :)
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

First and Foremost. Thank you for starting the talk to the team tread.

racial looking buildings
    foliage options
    ground "cover" options
    Racial and craft/adv. school banners.
    Last edited by Velea; August 27th, 2010 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Off topic portions deleted

1. Barrels/crates/chests- won't hold anything of course just like the baskets but give a plot more of a feeling of being lived in by saying, "Hey look, someone actually lives here and here is all their supplies and junk lying around".

2. Carpets-nothing says "welcome" like a welcome mat! I really did like all the carpet designs in Dalimond.

3. Chairs/Benches- Who says they have to be for inside of buildings only? I have chairs in the backyard for when I want to relax and enjoy the fresh air and scenery.

4. Desks/Tables- Reason I didn't lump this with number 3 is cause it be nice if they were separate entities. That way you can arrange the chairs around the tables the way you want.

5.Lamppost- I remember seeing a plot a long time ago that had these ingame lanterns nearby and thinking "that's really pretty". Would be nice to be able to build some sort of lamppost or torch-especially for the night.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Variety is the spice of life. The more options we have, teh more creative we can be. Here's my list. Yes, it includes ideas previously stated, but I support all of these in particular.
    Light Sinks: Areas that are just darker, for a more moody-looking plot
    Statuary: Player races, dragons, monsters, miscellany
    Waterworks: ponds, pools, bird-fountains, steams, bridges
    Castles: Enterable towers, walkable walls, portcullis, ramps (for mounting walls)
    Seige Equipment: Catapults, ballistae, etc.
    Pets: smaller monsters and animals who walk around pre-determined areas. Maybe they even respond to players in their area.

Grass/Lawn would be the biggest thing I would like to see. Could use similiar templates to the 3x3, 9x3, and 9x9 stone flooring, but preferably without the beveled edges and crosshatching so it can form a contingous surface without alignment issues.

Along with Grass, a change to the aforementioned stone flooring would be nice to so that the 'footprint' marker (which prevents placing structures on top of each other, is put on an edge/corner so that the grass/flooring can go right up to a building.

Additional 'shapes' would be nice to...ie 1x1, 3x1, and 9x1 would be nice too as it would also allow getting closer to and or balancing paths etcetera without requiring overlapping flooring which causes that annoying flickering.

Agree with the idea of Lamps and or other lightsources.
    Last edited by Velea; August 28th, 2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Off topic portion removed
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

more bushes, flowers, different gazebos and all.
    different viarity of tiles. like tiles that would represent the different races. even tiles to make dirt paths or grass.
    Last edited by Velea; August 29th, 2010 at 03:34 PM. Reason: No functionality, even for gnomes

Blog Entries

1) Flowers, Flowering pots, something more then just larger trees and hedges.

2) Smaller fountains, maybe even with a statue design with it spraying out water, or with it coming out of a pot it is holding. Like those ones we have here in the real world with cupid, expect make it a dryad. ;)

3) Lights, even if it is torches (Though I am not sure if that falls under the category of furniture or not).

4) Grass! Though I suppose that fall under the flowers thing...
    Last edited by Velea; August 29th, 2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: No functionality.

1. Larger variety of trees and shrubs. What I find annoying is trying to place a tree next to a building and the foliage pokes through the wall and there is a leafy branch inside the room. I would like to see espalier trees, maybe fruit trees that would fit alongside (but not inside) a building. Also I run into problems trying to fit trees along the property line, there seems to be a no man's zone where nothing fits. Is this because it is taking the canopy into consideration and a more columnar tree or shrub would work?

2. Flower planters and pots. A variety of pots for around building entrances and planters to define areas would be wonderful.

3. Grass ground covers. Perhaps along the lines of the stone flooring but with vegetation textures. Maybe a small assortment to take into account the different geographies.

4. Stone flooring tweaks. I don't know how many see this as a problem, but for me the [red and blue] tiles and [gray and tan] flip flop on color. It is very disconcerting to have them change color as the camera angle changes. Last time I tried to lay out a patio around a fountain I put down tan and gray tiles to see how the colors looked with the fountain. They would morph into being the same color on my screen and I got frustrated and decided dirt looked better. If that could be stabilized, having some smaller size tiles to fit in the tight corners would be great.

5. Lamp posts or other garden oriented light sources. Don't know how feasible this is but I have always loved the lighting effects of the wooden large archway and large gazebo.

Dracaena

1) Bushes, small leafy rounded ones like you find by the skulk area south of Istaria's Union, preferably with and without blooms.

2) Mushrooms is varying sizes like you find on Auberdine, and I would love a mushroom house (no storage, just looks) like you find in Selen Forest.

3) Grasses, in varying sizes ranging from a well kept lawn to waist high pasture, in tile size squares so we can mix and match, as well as snow and snow drifts in tiles for those plots in winter landscapes.

4) Flowers in beds, pots, boxes, in multiple sizes, in mixed color groupings and individual placements.

5) Racial Banners for each race and Class Banners for each Adventure and Craft class, as well as a special banner for those determined folks who have gotten all the adventure classes to 100, and a special banner for Grand Master Crafters.
    I am Dryad, here me squeak... I am KNoC, see me slay.
    Syllis SunFlower.

Thank you all for the great feedback.

We'll have a new "Talk to the Team" topic for you soon.

Thread Information