Thread: Vexators

Default Vexators

I read once that vexators were from another dimension and what we are seeing is a rift between realms and the thing that attacks us is a tendril -a finger, the only thing the vexator can poke through.

I now cannot find the info on it. Anyone remember this tale?

Default Re: Vexators

I'd be surprised if they turned out to be anything like a "finger".. they have faces after all. :P I always thought that they were more like big worms with tendrils that would poke their heads and tentacles through a rift at will or something.

Nevertheless, a Google search turns up nothing that I can see. One of the istaria.com pages does mention them being from another plane, but it also says kwellens are too.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Yeah, as far as we know, Vexator are dimensional worms. I've always imagined that they survive on eating the energy of planes and burrowing between them as they will. It's also why they are hard to kill/hit - they aren't all the way in our plane, they're actually hiding between them.
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

I have seen Vexators as a duel classification there an animal of some kind created by the withered ages dark twisted evil magic so there both in my mind
    Last edited by Velea; November 3rd, 2010 at 10:42 AM.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I'd really like to understand the lore on these vexators too, it gave me an idea... :-)

Before I Met A Vexator: "wow, they sound really scary... hard to hit, good for killing me? No thanks!"
    When I Met A Vexator: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH WHAT IS THAT"
    Twenty Seconds After I Met A Vexator And It Had Beat Itself Half to Death On My Spiked Scales: "...they were fussing about THIS?"
    After My First Vexator Died: "...so what WAS that?"
    "Uhm... energy finger-poke thing?"
    "....huh?"

I'm not sure I even want a definitive answer as to what these are... Istaria needs some epileptic trees too!

ive not been able to turn anything up.. havent yet faced one in game yet either.. only currently at 69 Adventuring class on my Dragon, looking forward to it though, they sound interesting, and could be something that could be expanded upon in-game?

couldnt edit last post, its been awhile, all i can say is, i try to avoid them like the plauge, i dislike the rift distortion.. and the rift vexators are the worst with their stun, lol.. otherwise interesting creatures, they dont really appear to be a wurm or anything to me, they have a vauge humanoid shape with tendrils around them, or at least, thats what i see when they 'emerge'

I personally think that Vexators are among the easiest WA mobs around. Counting the healers among the undead as being the worst... The only thing that is so extremely important when dealing with Vexators... Cleanse yourself of the Rift Distortion. After that it is easy pickings. Although I do wonder why such interesting creatures would join with the WA.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

^

I don't think they are actually in league with the Withered Aegis (Unless I'm missing a key point of lore here, which is entirely possible). They're simply rogue creatures that likely choose to infest blighted areas because, as someone mentioned, they feed on energy.

Heck, maybe when we aren't looking they're actually chewing on the WA, but decide we're a much fresher meal and attack us when we're near =P

Thread Information