Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk to the team: Loot Revamp

Default Re: Talk to the team: Loot Revamp

1). NO.
    2). N/A
    3). Half and Half for T4 -- Adv./Defense/Spells are loot, craft/statistics are bought. Leave T5 as-is.
    4). All Mobs, equally.

1) No. This is the same thing you did to the crafting forms. Been in game over 6 years, and am a compulsive collector of everything. After somewhere near a year with my new biped crafter, I'm still missing about half the loot only forms. The things are almost never on the connies, and the ones for sale seem to be the ones that like to drop.

2) n/a

3) Would prefer if they were all purchaceable just like the T1-3. Not cheep necessarially, but if you found you needed one right away, you could go grab it in order to make a special order for someone. Otherwise, leave them alone. No need to go messing with them at this point.

4) Aegis make sense to be carrying all of them. Someone else mentioned letting the tech also drop from the critter who's bits are used in that tech.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

1. Though we have this now, I'm not entirely in favor of it.

2. N/A

3. I would favor all to be lootable AND purchaseable, with tiers 4-6 being scaled up in price due to "rarity" to find. Dyes should be only purchaseable at a more moderate pricing scale.

4. I agree with another poster that the tech should be found on those enemies who also supply components for the tech. Aegis forces, though, should have a broader range as well, since they are undead, particularly in the ability and adventure techs. Craft techs should be found universally. Spell techs I'd suspect would be found more on spellcasting enemies (so undead dragons should be getting the dragon's share of primal, tooth and claw, and breath weapon). For an example, I'd expect defense techs for greater shield skill to be on Aegis forces who are carrying shields.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

1) sure as long as the drop rate wasn't terrible. i dont mind hunting for something for a while but a few weeks or days would kind of stink

2) i like the way they are set up now. as for split up catagories if thats what this question is asking

3) seperation of tiers. based on monsters tier is good system.

4) animals, golems, and insects i think are good :) imho withered ageis should drop more crystals/blight ess/blight stuff like they do now. and comps ofcourse

1. No, I do not want exclusively-lootable formulas/techniques.

2. N/A

3. Everything should be loot-or-purchase so that they're available to players who like to adventure AND to players who prefer to craft without having to be in the right place at the right time to snap it up off a consigner.

4. Formulas and techniques to be found on creatures appropriate to them - so, for example, quarrying and stoneworking techniques found on stone golems, dragon spell techniques on undead dragons and associates...
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

1) No for the lower tiers. I think from a new player's point of view there is enough problems finding the formulas to add another level of difficulty getting the techs to apply to those forms.

2) NA

3) I have mixed feelings on this one. As things stand now t5 are mostly easily found on the connie. T4 can be real hit and miss depending on how many are leveling up another school and will actually bother to loot and list what they find. It took me years to find all the t4 craft techs for my dragon, and dragon has fewer techs to worry about then biped. On the other hand I do think higher level should be more of a challenge.

4) Afraid I tend to not watch what creatures drop what type of things (forms, techs) all that much. My hunting is more quest or comp oriented and whatever else shows up is gravy. Other then things like tier, I don't expect to see lv100 crystals on anything less then a t5/6 mob. To say a tech will drop from a certain monster type would only seem logical to me if the mob was semi intelligent like undead or ogres/pygmies. But that would create extensive farming of those type of mobs and others would be ignored.

Dracaena

For 1-2-3

Really I think if we're trying to develop a system that is "fair and equal" to "all types of players" then ALL of it needs to be both dropped and purchaseable. All tiers. Now that doesnt' mean Purchaseable needs to be cheap. At t1 purchaseables would be pretty cheap, and then go up each tier - even exponentially - so that by the time you get to tier 5 its extremely expensive to buy.

This would allow people to continue to sell them on the connie for a profit, as they'd price them under the NPC. But it would also allow craft-centric players or adventurers in a bind/time crunch whatever - to purchase ones they hven't been able to find themselves, that others haven't found, that others aren't putting up for sale, or that they need immediately.

So IMO, all tiers of this should both be dropped and purchaseable (at high prices).

4 - I like what others have suggested. Techs can drop off both creatures that "make sense" when possible and numerous enough, and they can also (or instead if the first criteria doesn't work) drop off creatures who drop the ingredients for those techs.

This would help people know what to farm if they are looking for a particular tech to complete their set or collection. As it stands now they could be picking from "every t4 creature"; and this new way of donig it would be "ok they need wolf fangs, so the technique must also drop off wolves - go farm wolves!"

I really like that criteria as it helps narrow things down. Having tech (or even any recepie/formula) drop off the critters that drop the ingredients/resources that are needed to make it.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

1) Yes, it would be a great incentive to go out fighting for new techs and items.. maybe you could bring back some old techs and make them really rare to find? Primal Vengeance maybe and others spring to mind.

2)
    Ability: Any Creature
    Adventure: Any Creature
    Armour Dye: Creatures that are heavily armoured (or would wear it) - Withered Aegis, Skulks, Beetles.
    Craft: Creatures that are used in some sort of crafting process - Golems, Wolves, Treants, Other Harvestable Creatures or Creatures that defend some kind of material. Maybe even go so far as to have Treants more likely to drop Logging or Lumbering. Stone Golems to drop Quarrying and Stoneworking, Metal Golems to drop Smelting, Mining, Sculpting etc.
    Defense: Creatures that seem defensive by nature - Beetles, Golems, Ogres, Pygmys, Arbotus, Ruxus, Treants.
    Spell: Creatures that cast spells. Aegis, Skulks, Bloodskulk Bloodmages.
    Statistic: Any Creature that can alter stats severely. Aegis maybe, Spiders, spellcasters.
    Weapon Dye: All enemies that hold some kind of weapon. Withered Aegis, Skulks.

3) Both, I think they should be available to buy but at an inflated price so you can buy it if you really need it or take your chances out hunting for a while.

4) Aegis, Undead Dragons, Golems and Treants.
    Last edited by Inferno; September 14th, 2010 at 03:08 PM.
    Inferno - Level 100 DRAG/100 DCRA/63 DLSH/43 Million Hoard, Ancient Dragon on Chaos (formerly Wind/Unity).
    Saleck - Mage in Training. Too many Craft Schools.

1. Maybe, see #2

2. I think the craft skill techs and the stat techs should be purchasable thru tier 5, but might as well drop also. All other techniques would be fine as drop only.

3. see #2

4. I think only WA should drop techs. Animals, Golems, Treants I don't really see as having any business with a technique. They don't wear armor or use weapons or know how to craft. WA do though, so they would make sense to ocassionally be carrying things like techniques and formulas.

1. Not exactly.

2. All formulas/tech etc should be both drops and purchasable - with higher tier ones being far more expensive than tier 1. As a player (when I do play!) who pretty much exclusively crafts, I really hate having to go hunt for a tech that I need. Whilst I initially agreed with earlier posts - having the non-craft techs being drop only, and the crafting techs being purchaseable, doesn't help the players who craft armour etc and need the adventuring techs to place as armour mods.

3. see #2 answer

4. I like what's been mentioned before - appropriate creatures dropping techs (eg techs that need wolf fangs being dropped by wolves etc).
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Thank you to everyone for the feedback.

We'll have a new topic for you to respond to soon.

Thread Information