Thread: Grand Hall trouble.

Default Grand Hall trouble.

okies, i do not know if i put this is the right area but i am having a bit of lair trouble.

pretty much its: i would like to put in a T3 lunus Lair(with a T4/6 library), Lunus Grand Hall(they are so cool.), and all the T6 machines(becuase lets face it- T6's are awsome. ). But i am pulling my scales out trying to get these things to fit.

My lair Size is 140x140x120 (not very large but its the best i could find.. if aanyone knows a bigger lair that would fit this much better please let me know in pm. i have about 2 gold if i sell my current one. ^^)

So anyone have any plans(picture plans?)/ suggestions, it would help me so much. X__X *is about to die*
    Rhezara, Lunus Ancient, 100:43:22
    Sorisha, Lunus Ancient, 100:43:23
    "When life gets hard, stand proud and wear a smile."

Default Re: Grand Hall trouble.

Unless you can get ahold of one of the maybe three "guildhall" lairs in the entire game world, you're not going to be able to fit a grand hall and all T6 machines. 140x140x120 is the largest non-guildhall lair size and probably the only non-guildhall size lair that can actually fit a grand hall to begin with.

Said grand hall takes up pretty much 4 entire floors out of 6. I think you'd probably need at least 3 floors to fit all T6 machines, which is more than you'd have left if you placed a grand hall. That's not even taking the T3 lair into account.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

lol thats to bad. XD oh well, i'll just stick with the good ol' T6's :3

Grand halls are a challenge to work with. I have one planned in my 120x120x144 lair with t4 machines, a t2 hall, t6 pawnie, and vault room. Think I spent a month working on the planner but that was also getting fancy with an elaborate entrance to the grand hall. I did have to forego a transmutation room as there just wasn't room for it with the other fancies I wanted. I was also very lucky and floor 0 was fully buildable. Had a friend whispering in my ear to put t6 machines in there when I was planning. But I would have had to give up the pawnie and the small hall and that would have only gotten 4 machine rooms(t6) in there.

The 5x5 size is hard to work with since the grand hall is 4x4 and only has doorways on one side. Does leave you with a fair bit of barely usable space as corridors are about the only thing you can do on one side going down. Though your 6x6 size probably has a different set of challenges. I am not good at sorting that stuff out on paper, I have to lay it out on the planner and walk through to really get a feel for things. You might be able to get the machine rooms in but don't know about the lair room. Where your entrance is, and how much of your floor 0 is usable would be definite factors.

Dracaena

A 6x4x6 in my opinion is a better fit for a Grand Hall. It allows the Grand Hall to fit perfectly on one side without leaving any space unused (like a 5x5 would), and leaves enough room on the other side (all the openings of the grand hall are afterall on one side so this is to your advantage) to fit the t6 machine rooms.

In theory, you should be able to fit a Grand Hall and all t6 machines. (two machines from floor 0-1, the transmutation room on floor 2, the grand hall on the remaining floors 3-6: and attached to the grand hall, two machines on floor 3-4 and the last remaining machine on floor 5-6.)

Now finding a suitable lair that isn't badly affected by the terrain is another issue.

Also as a side note, you meant 120x120x144 right? Not 140x140x120. I've never seen a lair with those dimensions before...
    Last edited by Xanthia; September 20th, 2010 at 12:48 AM.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Grand halls are pretty, but in terms of storage space, you're better off going with many smaller ones. They also take far fewer resources. I also prefer the 6x4 lairs. All lair pieces are divisible by 3 and 2, so less wasted space than you find in a 5x5 lair. I have found a few larger lairs scattered about: 6x5x5. Technically the same size as any other lair, just tilted on its side.

The top level is very very picky on these though to anyone's frustration.

They fit all T6 machines and the grand hall, but not much else. Would you really want this type of lair with all machines and say, no silos? I'm not sure if a T3 lair would even fit also but I can look later.

whoops, ya now that i read back over it i did make that mistake.. ya its 120x120x144 XDD and thanks for the advice.

Thread Information