Thread: Community Site Correct?

Default Community Site Correct?

Heya monks! I'm looking at the stats on the community site, and I'm wondering if the pts/lvl numbers it lists are accurate. Here's mine for example:

Armor Use 9
    Evasion 9
    Magic Defense 9
    Nature 10
    Unarmed 9
    Strength 6?
    Dexterity 9
    Power 6?
    Focus 4?

Okay... that can't be correct.Even witha full 1/2 of all my training pts in Nature, I can't scribe a T5 spell with a nature requirement of 1010, I max out at 1000 base skill. That CAN'T be correct.

Amon Gwareth in a trouble ticket actually said that was by design that a disciple can't gain more than 1000 skill in their magic trade without multiclassing or raising the level cap. I thought it was like 8 or 9 pts a level? *misses Tazoon.Com*

A level 100 Disciple, assuming 10 pts per level would have 800 magic skill (1000 if they had 20 levels of the base school that gives that magic skill), right? Tiggy's base Nature is currently at 1000 with all possible training points into Nature. That's half her total training points right? (lvl 100x12 TP/lvl=1200/2 half of all total TPs=600/3 Cost per point=200+1000=1200 skill, right?) Or is my math just waaaaaaaaay off?

If the community site is correct, why I can't I get 1000+ Nature skill?
    If it's wrong, how many of the other stats on monks are listed wrong also?
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

Default Re: Community Site Correct?

Disciples get 10 pts in their respective spell classes/level.
    But there is an artificial max cap somewhere, I forgot where I saw it, but I think it's 1000, 900 for base evasion and so on for disciples. That is to prevent mixed classes from having the same endstats as 'pure' classes I think. I believethe end game base capwas listed in the 'hint book' .

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

So, based on that, a correction to the above:
    100-20 (stmd starts at 20) = 80*10=800 skill+200 (above TP breakdown)=1000 even

If we get 10 pts a level in magic skill, wouldn't that mean I'd be able to have 800 base skill without training points? Itall theof my possible training points to get to 1000 base Nature skill. Did the skill/lvl change at some point? I could have sworn disicples did not get 10 pts/lvl in anything.

So why do people go Druid? *is lost* I have 20 levels in it, and it doesn't seem to count for an extra 200 on top of it, sorta like how Monk AU stacks with STMD AU. What are our strength/dex/power/focus numbers per level?
    TIGRIS EUPHRATES and TEKKA RUNECLAW. Istarian Veteran, The Original Order Shard Herald, Herald of the Spirit Shard. Storm Disciple, Flame Disciple, Spirit Disciple, Ice Disciple, Monk, Ranger, Healer, Druid, Spiritist. Grand Master Biped Crafter.

hobojo

A level 20 Druid has 200 Base nature. A level 20 Storm Disciple has 0 base nature. Think of Storm disciples as starting with -200 at level 1,by 20 they are at 0, and by 100 they hit an even 800 base.

Now remember, your base stat is based off whichever class has it the highest. Meaning, your 200 skill from level 20 druid wont come anywhere near the 800 skill you have from Storm Disciple; the two are completely unrelated. If you leveled Druid to 81, you would start seeingan increase to your base.

TP's are added onto your highest base skill, which in this case is800. Since the most you can add via TP's is +200 skill, the highest you can possibly reach without taking up a different class is 1000 Base nature.

So why do 20 levels of monk with their 10 pts AU per level get added to a disicples AU, but 20 levels of Druid not get included?

80 stmd lvls * 9 AU/lvl = 720 AU
    My AU is 920 (200 from Monk and 720 from STMD)

Wouldn't that argue:

(80 stmd lvls * 10 Nature/lvl = 800) + (20Druid levels * 10 Nature/lvl = 200) = 1000??? Mine is 800 (before training points)

Here's another I don't understand - base stats.

Base Dex: 990 = (80 stmd * 9 pts/lvl) + (20 monk *9 pts/lvl) + (80 base Saris dex) + 10 from ?????????

I suck at math or something.*brain hurt*

Storm Disciple is a prestige of monk so the AU continues to raise from where it left off.

Storm disciple has no relation to druid so the skill would not continue to raise.

The +10 dex is probably from the ability Dexterity Boost I which all monks/disciples gain.

about 50%+ of the info on the community site is wrong for example

I KNOW for a fact spirit disciples get
    9 Unarmed
    10 Spirit
    10 Evasion
    9 Magic defense
    9 Armour Use

The community site states differently

It states guardian gains 9 1hc/2hc a level but they actually get 10
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    Storm Disciple is a prestige of monk so the AU continues to raise from where it left off.

Storm disciple has no relation to druid so the skill would not continue to raise.

The +10 dex is probably from the ability Dexterity Boost I which all monks/disciples gain.

about 50%+ of the info on the community site is wrong for example

I KNOW for a fact spirit disciples get
    9 Unarmed
    10 Spirit
    10 Evasion
    9 Magic defense
    9 Armour Use

The community site states differently

It states guardian gains 9 1hc/2hc a level but they actually get 10
    Interesting! So again there's no real reason for a STMD to take Druid unless they took it to the top, as they wouldn't gain any more magic skill unless they did so.

Dexterity Boost I adds to base? I'll need to check that when I log in tonight.

Do you happen to know what the stats (str, dex, power, focus) are for the monk classes? I hate the fact that the current community site doesn't list them.

Do all monk classes get 10 pts/lvl evasion or just MONK & SPRD?

Actually after I posted that I thought its unlikely that dex boost adds to base it would probably add to current.

There is still a good reason for a STMD to take druid to 20 namely petrify and natures fury as well as an instant heal.. The downside to doing this is your nature still wont increase until level 41.

Strength 6
    Power: 6
    Focus: 5
    Dex: 9

Note: power and focus might be reversed

As far as I know flame disciple is the only disciple that does not get 10. Its the price they pay for the extra offense. At 100 SPRD I had 1000 base 1200 base with tps..what is yours?

Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

Greetings Folks,
    As Karl mentioned, the main reason is for Nature's Fury, and petrify. Growth and the instant heal are almost pointless at mid-upper levels but are useful when starting. 20 levels of Druid also give you an initial 'boost' in nature skill in case you wanted to try hitting a mob with your spells.

-HratLi

HratLi SnowPelt : From Bounty to Chaos : Eyes of Istaria
    MultiCrafter, Spirit Disciple, Walking Bleed Attack.
    HratLi's Bucket of Fury : A Saris in cargo gear appears and beats on your foe.
    Damage :
    50-150 Attack Type: Bucket Duration: Until Dispelled Frequency: 0:02

Thread Information