Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divinity 2: Ego Draconis - Great "Dragon" game

Default Divinity 2: Ego Draconis - Great "Dragon" game

Heyas,

Cant see this game posted anywhere around so here it comes

Personally, I have been playing this game for a fair while and I DONT want it to end.. its just so good.. and you actually get to be what it says in the title.. Ego Draconis.

[Mild spoilers]
    Well, sort off.. since its more of a wyrm type (1 pair of legs, 1 pair of claw/arm wings than the typical western dragon of 2 pair of legs, 1 pair of wings)

Here is a gameplay vid:

Youtube Video
    From video - there are more abilities than just fire breath.. there is about 6-7 more.

Also.. many "evil" graphics seems to be very much from Horizons.. Istaria I mean. Just look at those flying fortress and the thorns growing on them, the green mist.. the bones.. quite the similar!

There is an expansion coming up quite soon as well so that will prolong the game's life by couple more hours =)
    If you are going to get this game, definitely apply the latest patch as you will save yourself much trouble - there are quite few glitches so keep saving whenever you can.

-TGD

Default Re: Divinity 2: Ego Draconis - Great "Dragon" game

It has been talked about in this forum in the past, probably by me.
    It was a nice game and I look forward to new releases.
    I still feel more "myself" in Istaria though. Less epic maybe but hey, I feel myself when I scratch my back or think about roasted gnomes in a boring but daily routine more than doing that epic but rare aerial fight.
    I do miss flight combat, too bad Istaria simulation engine is 2D and therefore 3D combat vs mobs (with height involved) is not possible.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I have it, but did not play it much because it is still very much bugged in some parts so I had to restart the game multiple times.

I am able to deal with bugs and annoyances, but when they furbar your savegame beyond repair it is just argahhafhdsfdsfd. >|

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Awm sorry to hear that, yes I had plenty of hitches but being an IT person, I keep regular saves (you HAVE to save always on a new position, if you save on an existing position, the overwrite wont work properly in some cases).

Managed to get through most of glitches and stuff and now I am in part of the game where you mostly spend flying as a dragon which is cool

And for the other Dragon-like games.. it seems that MMO-Butcher, WoW, is getting a Dragon-transformation.. and it looks quite good.. did I mention that it includes riding? (someone can ride you while you are a dragon)..

-TGD

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolden Dragon View Post
    And for the other Dragon-like games.. it seems that MMO-Butcher, WoW, is getting a Dragon-transformation.. and it looks quite good.. did I mention that it includes riding? (someone can ride you while you are a dragon)..

-TGD
    You... you're kidding, right? They're actually going to do that? Or are you messing with us? Please tell me you're not being serious.
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

Quote Originally Posted by Armameteus View Post
    You... you're kidding, right? They're actually going to do that? Or are you messing with us? Please tell me you're not being serious.
    I am very sad to say but I am not kidding.
    However I am quite hesitant if I should post it here since its the least of what Istaria needs.. will PM it to you.

-TGD

Huh... I started playing that game now that I'm seeing a vid of it. Haven't gotten to the stage of dragon transform yet though. Wonder what I was stuck on.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGolden Dragon View Post
    I am very sad to say but I am not kidding.
    However I am quite hesitant if I should post it here since its the least of what Istaria needs.. will PM it to you.

-TGD
    Just perfect. Now, when people talk about wanting to play as dragon characters, we can't be the only ones to really step up and say "Hey, we're pretty much the only game in existence that allows you to play a dragon in an MMO setting! Why not check us out?" Because then those money-grubbing idea-thieves at Blizzard can jump right in and say "Screw that out-dated piece of garbage! Come play WoW! We've got that too! And it was all our idea!"

That's it. This was the final nail in the coffin. With the single most popular game in existence having the one thing that set this game apart from any other now being implemented in theirs, no one's going to want to bother even trying this one out. Istaria is doomed. T_T

Just perfect. Now, when people talk about wanting to play as dragon characters, we can't be the only ones to really step up and say "Hey, we're pretty much the only game in existence that allows you to play a dragon in an MMO setting! Why not check us out?" Because then those money-grubbing idea-thieves at Blizzard can jump right in and say "Screw that out-dated piece of garbage! Come play WoW! We've got that too! And it was all our idea!"

That's it. This was the final nail in the coffin. With the single most popular game in existence having the one thing that set this game apart from any other now being implemented in theirs, no one's going to want to bother even trying this one out. Istaria is doomed. T_T
    Errr I think it a bit early to be calling it quits don't you?
    Especially since from what I can gather from the previous posts-it isn't even in yet.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    Errr I think it a bit early to be calling it quits don't you?
    Especially since from what I can gather from the previous posts-it isn't even in yet.
    Not even mentioning the fact that people who absolutely dislike WoW will never suddenly start playing.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Istaria is far too unique to be compared with that MMO butcher.
    Beside, possibilities for dragons are unheard of in Istaria where everywhere else, you get a pre-defined bog-standard model.

Plus.. that mmo is flea-ridden with terrible existences while Istaria is mostly MMO-Digest players.

aaaand we got lairs/ingame housing - something, what cannot be done so far by that MMO as due to amount of subs, it would kill the servers.

@Divinity: It takes a fair bit to get your dragon form - you need to get out of the initial Valley area to a fancy island.. and there.. =)

I am quite far in the game now, and the amount of aerial battles as dragon and on foot is quite comparable.

-TGD

-TGD

The item that will be implemented with the new WoW expansion will be nothing like Istaria's dragons. I say this as both a longtime Istaria player and a WoW player. All it does is turn you into a dragon. You can fly. And people can ride you. And that's it. No epic Rites of Passages, no ascensions to ancienthood.
    Blizzard are not thieves. There's only so many ways you can do 'dragon'.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

You know what, I find it a slap in the face that our supposedly awesome community is reduced to such lovely insults of another game when that game is is fine. You don't even bother to wait or go out and get facts before slamming and griping and insulting something you don't even know about.

So let's just get the facts straight, so you guys can get your tails out of your ears and eyes..*rolls eyes*

And yea, I pay and play both - other Istarians do too - so can we at least respect our fellow gamers and keep the general chat in OTHER games in OTHER games (cuz every OTHER game likes to insult games in their general chat, too bad on me I thought Istarian players could refrain...).

1 - The Dragon mount POTION/Spell is only available to high end Alchemists, as *probably* a rare "drop" so to speak, from crafting. You craft items and you get a chance that the knowledge for this alchemical recipie will "pop" for you to learn.

2 - If you aren't an alchemist - too bad for you . If you are, odds are you may never see this ability for yourself, or get it yourself.

3 - If you do get the "drop", it still is going to cost at least 24 THOUSAND Gold to make this reciepe for yourself. Now, gold certainly isn't as rare in WoW as it is in Istaria but I'd say this is probably the equivalent of couple hundred gold in Istaria. Players can grind their butts and sell stuff and get this much gold, certainly acheiveable - but there are plenty players who never see this much gold int heir banks. So if you don't have the cash to make the recipie - time to grind or play the auction house!

4 - It works the same as a "Mount" in WoW - which means you can't be a dragon inside, you can't be a dragon and fight, you can't be a dragon and sit in an Inn. You TURN INTO A MOUNT and a friend can ride you while you fly around. You'll have no emotes while transformed I'm sure (so you can't dance or wave or whateve), hell you won't even be able to jump - cuz you'll fly (just like adults do now lol).

The day this was announced, my main who has been a leatherworker for 6 years since launch is NOW an Alchemist. I"M GOING TO HAVE THIS ABILITY BY GOLLY!! I will farm and farm adn farm and farm and even if it takes me years before I discover the recipie, I WILL be a dragon!!

And I think this dragon is pretty dang cool looking - its a "gem" dragon so to speak - so its very rock looking and has gems and such poking out. You can see video of it over on mmo-champion.com or I'm sure on the WoW Wikki. Just type in "alchemy dragon" and I'm sure you'll find it.

Frankly I think its prtty **** cool, and I'm psyched to be able to fly my hubby around..and dismount..and drop him to his death.

And yes, I have the 24K already put aside..

So let's quit with the hate - noone copied anyone - you still can't really "play" a dragon (for any RP left in WoW...its rare anyway so hey...).

Jeez...calm the pitchforks...seriously lame...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

There is no way I am leaving Istaria, so don't count it 'dead' just yet! I have plenty of heals~!

As an Istarian, I support Istaria, but Divinity's soundtrack is awesome! I'm going to try it out, just to see if the game is worth it. So far it sounds great, but again, not leaving Istaria as far as I can tell, and that's a pretty long time... unless my house blows up right now. ^-^
    I'm the kind of person who will burst out laughing in dead silence about something that happened yesterday.

Don't knock on Death's door. Ring the doorbell and run; he hate's that.

I'm going to try it out, just to see if the game is worth it.
    Divinity 2 is worth it (expecially with the complete lack of dragon player alternatives), I was just disappointed at having finished it at max difficulty and almost all secrets discovered in like an handful of sessions
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I own the Drac-divinity II game, but haven't installed it yet. I plan to.

I also liked Dragon Age: Origins in which you get to fight some nasty dragons It has nice animations, picks your guys up in its mouth and shakes them around, kicks you away with its hindlegs if you attack from the back, etc. Between DA: O and the expansion, you gith like 4 or 5 dragons. One of them this spirit looking thing.

As for wow, I have the expansion on preorder, and re-subbed the account there. Haven't played it since summer of 2007, and I can't even remember how to get to some places. I have the second expansion installed, but have never visited those areas yet. I'm already an alchemist, 375 skill I think. For the potion to turn you into a dragon, it might be sellable, so could be a nice boon to alchy profession. Hopefully its a buy once and know how to do it from then on thing. I hope you are wrong on the cost to craft it cause I only have 1600 gold, and don't even have the epic flight speed yet, tho I do have the flight form and the first flying mount.

There are alot of parts of Wow that feel the idea was pulled from Horizons. I actually think some of the dev's form old Hz have in fact since went to work there. Gnomes and a tinkering style city, Dwarves, undead, Druids, alot of it has a similiar idea. But if the dev who gave the ideas here left and wanted to continue persuing those ideas elsewhere, its probably not exactly stealing the ideas. Although some of that probably happened too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    You know what, I find it a slap in the face that our supposedly awesome community is reduced to such lovely insults of another game when that game is is fine. You don't even bother to wait or go out and get facts before slamming and griping and insulting something you don't even know about.

So let's just get the facts straight, so you guys can get your tails out of your ears and eyes..*rolls eyes*

And yea, I pay and play both - other Istarians do too - so can we at least respect our fellow gamers and keep the general chat in OTHER games in OTHER games (cuz every OTHER game likes to insult games in their general chat, too bad on me I thought Istarian players could refrain...).

1 - The Dragon mount POTION/Spell is only available to high end Alchemists, as *probably* a rare "drop" so to speak, from crafting. You craft items and you get a chance that the knowledge for this alchemical recipie will "pop" for you to learn.

2 - If you aren't an alchemist - too bad for you . If you are, odds are you may never see this ability for yourself, or get it yourself.

3 - If you do get the "drop", it still is going to cost at least 24 THOUSAND Gold to make this reciepe for yourself. Now, gold certainly isn't as rare in WoW as it is in Istaria but I'd say this is probably the equivalent of couple hundred gold in Istaria. Players can grind their butts and sell stuff and get this much gold, certainly acheiveable - but there are plenty players who never see this much gold int heir banks. So if you don't have the cash to make the recipie - time to grind or play the auction house!

4 - It works the same as a "Mount" in WoW - which means you can't be a dragon inside, you can't be a dragon and fight, you can't be a dragon and sit in an Inn. You TURN INTO A MOUNT and a friend can ride you while you fly around. You'll have no emotes while transformed I'm sure (so you can't dance or wave or whateve), hell you won't even be able to jump - cuz you'll fly (just like adults do now lol).

The day this was announced, my main who has been a leatherworker for 6 years since launch is NOW an Alchemist. I"M GOING TO HAVE THIS ABILITY BY GOLLY!! I will farm and farm adn farm and farm and even if it takes me years before I discover the recipie, I WILL be a dragon!!

And I think this dragon is pretty dang cool looking - its a "gem" dragon so to speak - so its very rock looking and has gems and such poking out. You can see video of it over on mmo-champion.com or I'm sure on the WoW Wikki. Just type in "alchemy dragon" and I'm sure you'll find it.

Frankly I think its prtty **** cool, and I'm psyched to be able to fly my hubby around..and dismount..and drop him to his death.

And yes, I have the 24K already put aside..

So let's quit with the hate - noone copied anyone - you still can't really "play" a dragon (for any RP left in WoW...its rare anyway so hey...).

Jeez...calm the pitchforks...seriously lame...
    I'd like to refer you to this in rebuttal to this statement, if you would: WoW, This Game is Terrible

Simply my reasons for despising WoW the way I do. It is not a bash on you or your statements, but a simple clarification to your somewhat generic accusation. For me, my "pitchfork" is held high for my own reasons. Personally, I'm with TheGoldenDragon on this one. I don't like WoW and I never will and I have many perfectly good reasons why.

*chuckles hijack* (and yes I responded to that thread thanks for the new one )

As for wow, I have the expansion on preorder, and re-subbed the account there. Haven't played it since summer of 2007, and I can't even remember how to get to some places. I have the second expansion installed, but have never visited those areas yet. I'm already an alchemist, 375 skill I think. For the potion to turn you into a dragon, it might be sellable, so could be a nice boon to alchy profession. Hopefully its a buy once and know how to do it from then on thing. I hope you are wrong on the cost to craft it cause I only have 1600 gold, and don't even have the epic flight speed yet, tho I do have the flight form and the first flying mount.
    Well, you're about 100 skill points from maxx in game right now, which will go up another 100 skill points once Caty launches - you have to get to the Caty levels before you can hope for the Dragon Vial to spawn for ya.

Once you learn it, you learn it forever. It is bind on pickup - it cannot be sold or traded. You learn it and that's it.

It does currently cost that much. Actauly people in beta now saying for some it could be over 26K depending on reputation levels and how the mats economy goes for other parts.

All of this of course being true for the open beta servers in testing - any of that could change once it goes live. But probably most of it won't.

The only thing up in the air right now is wether yo have to STAY an Alchemist to keep the ability (i.e. Only Alchemists can use this mount - like the tailor mount carpet and the engineering heli-head mount), or wether you can switch to any other profession after you learn it and still keep the use of the mount (like the motorcyle).

But if you've not played since 2007 - they're giving old accounts a free week like between now and dec. 1 to try and grab old subbers before the Launch of Caty on 12/7. And the main world destroying event just started so all the capital cities are under attack (get yourself to 80..lol).

Anyway, yea - if you enjoyed it at all before you'll probably love what they've done to make it better (and are doing for caty launch - blowing up old world sounds awesome to me lol).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Small nitpick to Frith's post:

The "heli-head" is not an engineering mount. It is actually a Raid Boss reward for killing Mimiron (I think it is Mimiron?) on Hard-Mode.

There are, however, Choppers and Mechano-Hogs that engineers make, as well as flying helicopters. Those are engineering mounts, yes.

May I be the next in line to say that being able to morph to a Dragon in Wow is hardly the same as the situation in Istaria. I won't be renewing my old Wow sub.

I posted about Divinity II a long while back in reply to another thread and uploaded two youtube videos. One almost killed my laptop dead ... this one (brace your ears for the nasty sound):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xt8kB27RAE ... the breakup at the end is where the laptop did die.

And the second done on something with a little more grunt:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU969ZqnjLI

Awesome game. Never finished it, but have been playing it the last few evenings now I found my disk again. I wonder what the sequel is like.

Rakku

Thread Information