Thread: A combat log

Default A combat log

Here is a combat log of a fight I had with 2 marble golems and a marble boulder golem. These fights were one at a time

Here are my stats and skills as well as my training points

Oh and my weapon of choice for this battle

and now for the log

Combat log

From this log I can see
    a) Aside from Chains I have few attacks to use only Multistrike and spirit punch I did not hotkey pillage spirit as well its a 10min recycle so its not a staple. I also have crit strike. In fact I have more attacks from other classes than spirit disciple.
    b) This was without handwraps I attacked roughly once every 2 seconds
    c) Flurry was amusing

The target was crush resistant. I had no buffs at all other than vampyric touch

I plan to try again with energy attack on and then with ice attack.

I would like to see others to similar vey limited tests and provide feedback.

My armour was black Padded Iron silk teched with armour V on every piece

I had plat health jewel except necklace where I had a priceless ashthorn medalion
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

aceracer24

Default Re: A combat log

Against 2 Myth golems one right after the other (not at the same time) one was a lvl 99 the other was a lvl 95 I think. The first one was the lvl 99 myth golem.

Combat Log

Don't have screen shots of my TP or other skills as I am not in game..but this is from a lvl 93 ranger (me). I have 10 levels of monk now (after getting rid of monk I needed foresight back), 35 lvl's of healer, 32 lvl's of mage I think plus a few of scout (dropped scout and lvl's to 10 for long shot) plus 20 in druid.

This dmg and speed is what monk should be doing as well. I have another one i can post without ranged flurry on if you would like.

Pretty much the same thing only not as fast. BTW my rating is only 96 I was using a socketed yew comp longbow (lvl 85) armor is cobalt scalemail teched for dex and bow (t3 techs) self buffed with t2 augs (gift of alacrity 2, str 2, dex 2, armor 2.....Enhance buffs str 2, armor 2 power 2,....earthen crust I, I had natures fury on as well and I was not using any attack buffs IE flame, energy or ice. Just using natural attack (pierce). I have about 1070 in armor stat , evavde was low because I had ranged stance on which drops evades to 80% but adds -10 to delay. Dex is base around 900 or so. Str with buffs is only about 750-800 don't remember off hand.

All I am saying is...ranger does what i feel monks should be doing. The first attack is kinda not a fair compairison because i was about 40 meters away when I started shooting so the golem had no chance. But the second was up close and personal well within striking range. I have yet to see any other class attack as fast as ranger so and I am not even compairing my flurry. Shot for shot punch for punch strike for strike....ranger is teh fastest i have seen. Monks just do NOT have that speed advantage. They need FIXED!

I was after information from monk not from rangers. However thank you for providing something to compare against.
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

aceracer24

I know evil...I only posted because I to want to see monks get fixed. I gave up on monk and choose ranger and have seen what they can do and wish monks could do as well. Thats my only reason for posting it. Maybe the devs will see monks need thelove. BTW I posted more info so plz look over my previous post again.

Also for the record I have 24 lvl's of tailor...thats the only craft i have so I am not using any other outside source for stats.

Just a note while my rating is 145 for the purposes of this fight That only affected my base health (+100 from guardian I think) and my current strength due to the mastered strength of the bear I (+54).

My base strength I think comes from miner but it might be from guardian.

Other than guardian my other classes had no baring on the fights in my log as I didn't cast any spells and other than 1 stone hammer didn't use any skills from anything other than monk and spirit disciple.

It seems it took the ranger 15-20 seconds less to kill than the monk with the delay of the ranger varing between 1 and 3 seconds. I do think monks should punch faster than someone can draw back a bow and fire accurately

Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

aceracer24

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    Just a note while my rating is 145 for the purposes of this fight That only affected my base health (+100 from guardian I think) and my current strength due to the mastered strength of the bear I (+54).

My base strength I think comes from miner but it might be from guardian.

Other than guardian my other classes had no baring on the fights in my log as I didn't cast any spells and other than 1 stone hammer didn't use any skills from anything other than monk and spirit disciple.

It seems it took the ranger 15-20 seconds less to kill than the monk with the delay of the ranger varing between 1 and 3 seconds. I do think monks should punch faster than someone can draw back a bow and fire accurately

I agree....someone who is punching should be faster then someone pullling a bow...also of note...your str from other class/craft maybe not me much but for monks seems to make a world of differance. I on theother hand have noticed that although str makes a differance in my dmg (as a ranger) ...it's negligable to what i noticed with monk. Although kinda funny cause your str is alot higher then mine and I still hit much harder then you do. Although like you said you didn't have any attack buffs on and that makes a huge differance for monks against golems. I use pierce because it deals more dmg then energy (the prefered buff) for ranger. Hehe one thing I have found funny is that golems are resistance to crush. ....to me that makes no sense. Any other game golems would be weak to crush, mildly resistance to slash and pierce and completely resistant to elemental attacks. Not sure where AE came up with this.

Indeed my strength is considerably higher than a base monk/disciple. But lower than that of a monk/disciple who has done 80ish levels of fitter.
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

aceracer24

Indeed my strength is considerably higher than a base monk/disciple. But lower than that of a monk/disciple who has done 80ish levels of fitter.
    And thats the point I was sorta getting at...maybe just not very clearly...I should not have to do a craft class to make my character work the way it's suppose to work. Taking a crafting class should be something I want to do to get the ultimate out of my character. Not a requirement. I personally HATE crafting....I would only WANT to do it for the pure benifit of making an already good class...better. Like after I hit lvl 100 and didn't feel like playing another ADV class. My ranger IMHO is a very usable class and works teh way I feel ranger should. But it can be made better so I could take fitter for the added str IF I wanted to but not because it fixes a problem with the class. Hope that makes some sense lol. I tend to ramble :)

I agree 100% no one should be forced to craft. But As I have stated in the past I did 100 sprd without any fitter. It was pre merge though and miner at the time was only at level 56 or so and contributed nothing.

I might run some more tests tonight against higher mobs obviously marble golems are way too soft.
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

aceracer24

I agree 100% no one should be forced to craft. But As I have stated in the past I did 100 sprd without any fitter. It was pre merge though and miner at the time was only at level 56 or so and contributed nothing.

I might run some more tests tonight against higher mobs obviously marble golems are way too soft.
    Ya pre merge I really didn't have as much complaint as I do now. Although i still felt weak compaired to other classes, I was tanking/killing lvl 55 gold golems at lvl 36. About 1 in 3 mind you but I could do it. I logged in post merge think i was lvl 48ish and walked up to a gold golem and got my ****** handed to me lol. Not cool.

Marble and myth honestly I think are a bit soft. For some odd reasons though...I found Fire opal to be tougher then the myth Maybe try testing on them? Mind you I had death penealty still going on when i fought the Opal but still it didn't feel as easy as the myth. Indestructable Fyakki are a good test lol. The hardened shell sucks of course but once it drops bye bye fyakki. Not sure how well a monk would stand up to em though....but then your spirit so I think you can even do DMG when they buff HS.

Ok, to start off.. here are my current stats:

CurrentBase
    Health22072078
    Strength 11591018
    Power600 580
    Focus625 615
    Armor774
    Dexterity 11961000

Unarmed 12571064
    Evasion11991064

I am using a priceless ashtorn medallion, and that is my only jewelry.My armor is my black dyed reinforced leather.. Helm is an Invisible Essence Leather helm with a Str and Dex crystal, and the Darkstaff evasion crystal. The rest of the armor is teched with health, unarmed, dex, and strength techs.

My weapon of choice is a set of Essence Leather Handwraps.. with a misty topaz crystal and a lvl 60 Str crystal. They are only dual-socketed and don't have a third tech.

Log file can be found here!

Using power style and blue stance, my criticals did around 500, topping at 518. That's NOT counting the +35-40 that I get as a flamer for my fists (they do a bonus damage.. anywhere from 0 to 80.. depending on the creatures I'm fighting)

I didn't parry, but probably cause I 'forgot' warrior a long time ago. I want to get that corrected and get a set of teched Essence Leather wraps teched with Parry.

My damage went up when using energy II. Though I forget alot of times to recast it on myself when it wears off. It helps my normal attacks, but it didn't seem to help much with the bonus I get from my fists.

I hit fast and have about .57th of a second between hits. This is due to the log parser seeing my bonusand my normal hit as two hits, thusmaking me have an umbelievable delay. In truth, my delay is actually 1.14seconds between hits.I tend to do approx 100 damage per second on average.

-Menkure
    Sifu of the Flame

PS: Because no log analyzer I have found really takes into account the 'bonus' from my fists buffs.. things like damage means and averages per hit can be very misleading.. the Gnomish Log Analyzer I have been using reports the normal hits, but you have to remember I'm doing more damage with the bonus added in, and my means may be reduced some because the bonuses are so small. Again pointing to the .57th of a second between hits, you can see that the Flame Disciple certainly does not follow the norm.. so be careful what the log analyzer says.

Log file zip name made me think it was marble golems you are fighting.

If you are doing 100 damage a seconds thats not too foul. With my maul and a delay of 40 (alc V) I do between 200 and 300 every 4ish seconds. However my special attacks would be far greater. I have not tried on shadow spiders though.
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

Yes, they were marble golems. A dragon friend needed some help out there and I provided. You could use the log to see how I was comparing to a level 86 dragon ( 100 dragon crafter ).

I'll go out later tonight and try out some mithril golems and post the logs from that.

-Menk

I'm not sure how any of you think mith golems are easy. I have the hardest time with them over any other golem, especially because of 'avalanch of ore'. And Menkure, you hit every .57 seconds?! Doesn't seem possible. I figure its close to one second. The only way to hit that fast would be gnomian prowess combined with alac/energize or the like. Isn't it like 10 or 12 delay = 1 sec, something like that? Maybe I'm nuts.

Oh and FLMD is the shizzle. I switched over to it from 100 Monk, which basically means that I have almost all my monk abilities, plus the added damage. Since I only have Fists of Flame I, my damage was around 40 (against desert wolves) for the fists. However I was hitting those little buggers for over 100 + 40 each time.

Fists of Flame + Melee Flurry III = [:D] Wonderfully, the fist of flame buff adds to each hit on flurry, so regardless of the amount of damage I was doing, I was getting an extra 160 points of damage per hit with flurry on. Here is what I find amazing (and pathetic) about it: The fists of flame buff did almost the same amount of damage as my normal damage when using flurry. So it looked something like this;

You hit X for 42 \
    You hit X for 44 \ These hits are from the fists
    You hit X for 41 /
    You hit X for 42 /
    You hit X for 48 \
    You hit X for 52 \ These hits are my normal damage
    You hit X for 39 /
    You hit X for 45 /

My skills are over 1300 for both Unarmed and Evasion

Oh and btw Menkure, definitely get your 2 levels of warrior for the parry. You do not need to put the parry skill on your handwraps to parry, but it does help. I had level 90 or 95 monk hand wraps with Unarmed III, Parry V, and a socket with a low level life steal crystal. I actually parried a decent amount, which was very nice.
    Neon Burnblade
    Bitter ex-top-jeweler of Expanse (for a few weeks in 2004 anyway)
    --------------------------------------------------
    If anyone is interested in EQ2, look me up as Iridi on the Unrest server. Gronar and Hellga are on as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Menkure
    Yes, they were marble golems.
    -Menk
    The log I am seeing is against shadow spiders.

Btw Neon I never said mithril golems are easy. Marble are by far easier than they are.
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

*checks file* ACK! Wrong one.. Updating it with the proper file

Ok, it's fixed now and the zip has the proper log in it.

Neon: the .57 seconds is figured by the log parser again because it sees me hitting twice. I guess the actual average would be a hit every 1.14 seconds.

Which again shows how a log parser can incorrectly figure data for a flame disciple.

Also, Neon.. may I askwho madeyour handwraps?

-Menk

hobojo

As a 95 Flame Disciple with 100 Fitter/100 Storm Disciple backing me up, I could sometimes go over500 damage a punch with FIsts of Flame + Fully teched jewelry/triple t5 teched armor/95 handwraps with DGWC/t5 gifts+enhances/melee flurry. Infix fury brought that number even higher, to nearly 650 every swing if all hits landed (roughly 80 * 8).

This was against lvl 120 Necroflies.

Doing Monk to 100 now.. :P

Thread Information