Thread: [Closed] Flaming Weapon Tech

Default [Closed] Flaming Weapon Tech

Before the tech my 2-H-Axe with Flaming Weapon Tech did about 100 dmg to Maple Treants for example. With every hit.

Now after the patch I only get the message "You used Flaming Weapon Effect on Maple Treant". No damage values are shown. And a new message "You hit Maple Treant with burn for 45 damage". And that after a Multistrike with 5 hits.

Is this intended and the damage really now only so low?
    Susan - Lvl 85 Tink and many, many other crafting classes
    Andarielle - Lvl 100 Adv / Lvl 100 Cra Dragoness

Former ICE

Default Re: Flaming Weapon Tech

Its intended, if you read the patch notes they changed it to a percentage to hit.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Quote Originally Posted by rizo/nawkia View Post
    Its intended, if you read the patch notes they changed it to a percentage to hit.

Yes it's stated there. On my axe it shows now a 48% percentage chance to hit. But WHEN it hits, the damage seems so low compared to before. That's what wonders me.

The patch notes also state: ".... does 3-5 flame damage (non-scaling)" What does that exactly mean?
    I don't know any more how the description was before patch I only noticed that the damage is much more lower now.

Former ICE

Its not a bug. What happens now is that the flaming tech does not do direct damage to a monster. Instead, it hits the monster with a DoT (burn) that does flame damage.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thanks for the answer, Amon.

Well that's a big nerf then..... before patch it did 100 dmg per hit (only 50% of this dmg now, WHEN it hits) and with a multistrike (5 hits) it was even around 500 dmg. Now only 45.. This is sad Even when it's a dot.

Former ICE

Yes, I am afraid it is a nerf. But it was intended to be because its a Tier 1 technique that was being widely used on Tier 5 weapons. Which was not intended. It was intended for it to be useful to players who are in the second half of Tier 1.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information