Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Default Minecraft

You may or may not have heard of Minecraft which is an incredibly fun (IMO) game where you can basically build what ever you want. Essentially it's like Legos. It's in beta now and can be a little bit buggy, but still it's a lot of fun. Always wanted to build a mansion? An underground fortress? A dragon lair with lava (like in Hz ^^)? You can build it! I haven't built anything particularly big like some folks have... yet. It's fun just to even run around and explore since each map is randomly generated. It has different environments, floating islands, and massive underground tunnels. Check it out if you haven't.

My house. It has a big ol' tree in front so you can't see much. :P

Living room complete with fireplace. ^^ Further back is the kitchen.

Upstairs

Moar pics

Oh, and don't go out at night. That's when the monsters come out! Unless you've got armor and a sword then you'll be okay.

Don't blame me if you forget about everything else to devote time to building your massive structure. >_<
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Default Re: Minecraft

I <3 Minecraft. I have a house built into a cliff with the ruins of small village outside:

It's all built into the natural cliff shape, with a tunnel that leads to my spawn point:

My farm:

Town ruins (still a work in progress, I need to add some more building remains):

I actually build very sparingly in my world, I spend most of my time sailing around in my boat, exploring.
    Do you play on any RP multiplayer servers? I would love to find one that was relatively safe and griefer-free.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Oooh! Very nice! The scarecrow's cute. ^^ I don't play on any server atm, just my own little worlds.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard

@Bright - Ooooh, you have minecraft?! :O! I run a server for it, you should come over sometime if you are up for it! : D

minecraft is AWESOME!! been playing it for a few weeks and I'm completely hooked lol, there's just sooooo much you can do =D

currently using INVedit to start making a rollercoaster XP

(when I actually play I don't (or rarely) use INVedit )

Oooh! Very nice! The scarecrow's cute.
    I only wish it actually worked ---I find it hilarious and annoying that farm animals immediately start jumping up and down if they wander into the field, the jerks.

I know lots of people look down on InvEdit, but my opinion is that it depends why you play -- if it's to enjoy the act of building more than 'surviving', then I don't see why it's bad, it's just a different way to have fun. I used InvEdit to get the mossy cobble for my ruins, since you can't really get a usable amount of it from dungeons alone.

Do you know about the modular furniture mod someone made? It lets you make lots of neat furniture pieces to decorate with, it's pretty neat: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...ilit=fancypack

Only drawback is, using mods like that means your game will break every update until the modder updates their own stuff. For right now, FancyPack doesn't work with the newest version, for instance.
    Last edited by Khosadan; January 26th, 2011 at 07:34 PM.

@Starstilanxs I wouldn't mind popping over to your server for a visit Stars. I just need the IP adress to connect to it right?

@Khosadan I think the only way to keep animals out is to make sure there aren't any grass blocks in your farm area. I think they only spawn on grass. I built a glass wall around mine and put some doors. And Fancypack is certainly fancy!

And same here Meepsa! I think I first downloaded the game in December and I love it!

Oh I'm glad to see other Istarians play this great game =)

Note to any new minecraft players:

When you hear a "Ssssss!" RUN.

Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Creepers have to be the most annoying enemy ever invented... They either fall on you out of nowhere, blow up whatever you were building while you're running from them, or they swarm you. >:/

They can climb ladders, too. I've taken to blocking off my entrances at night because it seems like they're always halfway up the ladder before I notice them to fill them full of arrows.

They should NOT be able to climb! They don't even have arms!

It might have been cool to try, but paying 15 dollars for a beta game is to much for me.
    Edit: Found the browser game... So far I dont really like it...
    Last edited by Dragonboy; January 27th, 2011 at 06:44 PM.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    It might have been cool to try, but paying 15 dollars for a beta game is to much for me.
    The browser based version is creative mode. It doesn't have nearly as many features as the survival mode that was released with the beta. When I started playing minecraft I started on the creative mode browser based game. I really did not enjoy it much. When I finally got the money together, I decided to give it another try and get the game (This was when it was in Alpha). I have adored it ever since.

Its wonderful compared to creative mode, it gives you a sort of goal but still allows you to build what you want to. This isn't even mentioning Survival multiplayer which makes the experience of the game jump up in fun by two fold.

This also reminds me, for anyone that wishes to connect to my server, it is a home server on a DSL connection, usually its able to handle quite a few connections without lag. But this will be migrating to an entirely new network next month which -should- have better internet service, once that is set up it will work much better. Address to connect to is: bronzedrake.dyndns.org

Classic doesn't have the 'world' aspect, it's just a place to build with colored blocks.
    The real game requires harvesting materials, crafting, surviving monsters, making your own food, etc.

Also, it's being always added to (new animals, recipes, etc), whereas Classic is pretty much obsolete.

I'm one of those types that has delusions of grandeur about building crazy-huge, massively complex constructions, but, of course, lack nearly enough resources or time/devotion to be able to do it.

I have an idea that's actually already completely fleshed-out, but something that I would have a snowball's chance in the Nether of ever coming to fruition without some sort of miracle. Or a lot of devoted friends. Or a really good mod. Or an editor. None of which I have.

Regardless, it's still as addicting as hell and it drives me nuts when I look at the clock and it turns out I've been playing sometimes for up to 6-8 hours on a stretch. Where did my day go?!
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Don't let the fact that it has beta attached to it bother you. There is a lot of good in this game!
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

The only game I currently pay money for is Istaria... For now I am not planning to buy anything else one-time purchase or not.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I wasn't going to buy it originally, then I saw my lil brother playing it, and thought it looked fun. Its now part of my gaming cycle, along with Istaria, and Dwarf Fortress.

I normally dont like buying games that I can't try out in someform before hand. So many games made these days just...suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    I wasn't going to buy it originally, then I saw my lil brother playing it, and thought it looked fun. Its now part of my gaming cycle, along with Istaria, and Dwarf Fortress.

I normally dont like buying games that I can't try out in someform before hand. So many games made these days just...suck.
    Yeah, I agree entirely on that.

Minecraft was one of those very few gems of gaming in the recent years, it holds so many aspects that are fantastic about the game, the infinite world to do whatever you want in, constantly generating land as you move forward to explore more and more of it. Truly a fantastic concept brought to light with its development.

Sure, the game does have bugs, quite a few of them actually, but the gameplay so far overshadows its silly little problems.

PS: <3 Dwarf Fortress.

Alright, so I built this awesome house (awesome IMO) and I was short of iron and the like. I find a giant cave system, find 2 stacks of iron, some gold, some redstone, some lapis. I was pretty low on health at that point so I decided to get my butt out of there before something kills me. Guess what's waiting at the exit of the cave... 2 creepers. BOOM!

And my spawn point is quite far from where I was... At least iron isn't rare like diamonds then I'd be a bit more than annoyed. xP But still it was a lot of iron!

Thread Information