Thread: Minecraft

Hybrid View

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Default Minecraft

You may or may not have heard of Minecraft which is an incredibly fun (IMO) game where you can basically build what ever you want. Essentially it's like Legos. It's in beta now and can be a little bit buggy, but still it's a lot of fun. Always wanted to build a mansion? An underground fortress? A dragon lair with lava (like in Hz ^^)? You can build it! I haven't built anything particularly big like some folks have... yet. It's fun just to even run around and explore since each map is randomly generated. It has different environments, floating islands, and massive underground tunnels. Check it out if you haven't.

My house. It has a big ol' tree in front so you can't see much. :P

Living room complete with fireplace. ^^ Further back is the kitchen.

Upstairs

Moar pics

Oh, and don't go out at night. That's when the monsters come out! Unless you've got armor and a sword then you'll be okay.

Don't blame me if you forget about everything else to devote time to building your massive structure. >_<
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Default Re: Minecraft

I <3 Minecraft. I have a house built into a cliff with the ruins of small village outside:

It's all built into the natural cliff shape, with a tunnel that leads to my spawn point:

My farm:

Town ruins (still a work in progress, I need to add some more building remains):

I actually build very sparingly in my world, I spend most of my time sailing around in my boat, exploring.
    Do you play on any RP multiplayer servers? I would love to find one that was relatively safe and griefer-free.

{Helian Dragon} -------- {Order Shard} -------- {My Photo Album}

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Oooh! Very nice! The scarecrow's cute. ^^ I don't play on any server atm, just my own little worlds.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

@Bright - Ooooh, you have minecraft?! :O! I run a server for it, you should come over sometime if you are up for it! : D

minecraft is AWESOME!! been playing it for a few weeks and I'm completely hooked lol, there's just sooooo much you can do =D

currently using INVedit to start making a rollercoaster XP

(when I actually play I don't (or rarely) use INVedit )

Oooh! Very nice! The scarecrow's cute.
    I only wish it actually worked ---I find it hilarious and annoying that farm animals immediately start jumping up and down if they wander into the field, the jerks.

I know lots of people look down on InvEdit, but my opinion is that it depends why you play -- if it's to enjoy the act of building more than 'surviving', then I don't see why it's bad, it's just a different way to have fun. I used InvEdit to get the mossy cobble for my ruins, since you can't really get a usable amount of it from dungeons alone.

Do you know about the modular furniture mod someone made? It lets you make lots of neat furniture pieces to decorate with, it's pretty neat: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...ilit=fancypack

Only drawback is, using mods like that means your game will break every update until the modder updates their own stuff. For right now, FancyPack doesn't work with the newest version, for instance.
    Last edited by Khosadan; January 26th, 2011 at 07:34 PM.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i ain't playin and this is why!!!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I would so love a mod that can let us be dragons in it. first thing i did when i got in was climb the tallest mtn and wanted to fly off it

speaking of world how large is each map?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    speaking of world how large is each map?
    It goes on forever.

First night I scrambled around with the uh first night "OMG FIND A PLACE TO HIDE AND MAKE LIGHTS" scramble. I ended up getting plopped on a half desert, half forest area (but predominately desert). Trees ad cacti were not so hard to find, but when I found coal the sun was setting down. I proceeded to burrow right into the wall where I found the coal some and block the entry off.
    You can also put logs in the furnace and make charcoal, if there is a scarcity of regular coal around.

Quote Originally Posted by Khosadan View Post
    You can also put logs in the furnace and make charcoal, if there is a scarcity of regular coal around.
    I've had no issues finding coal in the cave... its almost everywhere down there. The trees are not as easy to find above ground. Just a matter of keeping torches in inventory when I can get some wood.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    I've had no issues finding coal in the cave... its almost everywhere down there. The trees are not as easy to find above ground. Just a matter of keeping torches in inventory when I can get some wood.
    Correcting myself: They've been mostly chopped down over time, so I'm having to move farther to get to the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    I would so love a mod that can let us be dragons in it. first thing i did when i got in was climb the tallest mtn and wanted to fly off it
    Look at this vid =)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqgMufbHqwM&NR=1

Not a mod but still cool!
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

There's a flying mod around somewhere, though I haven't tried it.

Oh god that vid with the dragon, I wish that was in the game.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...2680-Minecraft

And this too, its a funny review of Minecraft.
    Last edited by Takora Drakan; February 3rd, 2011 at 02:17 PM.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Dug the tunnel down into the mine, patched up the pit hole with wood scaffolding blocks and tunnelled into the wall to make some stairs down. Did some additional anti-monster safety things and more hole patching (Unfortunately it means I now have to enter the mine through my house, no entry from outside).

I explored it a bit, and I had been exploring it a lot previous with my forays to gather stone to build my upper level with. It would seem the cavern I accidentally found is absolutely massive!

Just when I thought I had explored everything, I find a new branch to go poke down and only stop when I have to find a new way in, ie: tunnel into it because its a sheer drop. I found two of these places today and had to turn back in one after running out of torches. At the end of the first I found what looked like a burning cage with a zombie in it surrounded by two chests full of goodies. Problem: The burning cage was creating zombies. Several deaths later I had collected the chest contents and my own things before boarding up the exit with wood blocks (to remind myself you shouldn't dig there; using rocks or dirt just looks the same and is liable to be dug when I forget).

I have now implimented a new plugin! It is called Multiverse. Basically.. it allows you to teleport to different worlds. Currently, you are now able to teleport between the regular Istarian Minecraft world and the Nether! Type this exactly:

/mvtp w:HaiNether1

To get back to the regular minecraft world:

/mvtp w:Hai

On an interesting note, my puppies still spawn despite the animals being turned off. I just have to wait for night to fall for them to spawn, and they'll stay there as long as I stay online.

Im rather curious to see if they do the same for others. You can currently find my pack on my farm. Also if someone would be so kind as to close the front door on my house while they're there. Creepers have taken up residence while I was away...the crater shows how far I manage to get last time.

Hmm i noticed puppies in the farm the other day when i was on, so they must stay on even without you logged in Tcei.
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

The animal spawns were turned off. That doesn't mean they stop existing, it just means they stop spawning. If you waited for a Sheep to spawn and could turn off animal spawns and followed it around keeping it on your screen at all times, it would soon become the only sheep in existence, because no new sheep are spawning, but the one you're following is not despawning.

Make sense? xD

Yes. But what I mean is that everytime I've logged in and its daylight out they wont be there. But when night falls they spawn when the mobs start to spawn, and then will remain day and night. But say if I log out afterwards and come back a few hourslater (if its daylight) they wont be there till night falls.

Regardless Im glad I get to keep my puppies!

Thread Information