Thread: Loot Revamp: Clutter & Junk

Default Loot Revamp: Clutter & Junk

Surprise! This is not a Rant but more of a compliment and a explanation.

First I want to say that many people complain about how Junk Loot is now cluttering up their inventories but I must say after hunting Mobs since the Revamp for a good while my inventories have NEVER been so neat and tidy before. I LOVE that part of the change and it is wonderful not being weighed down by tons of various bits of uncoordinated garbage. I think shifting things around and giving them specific monsters to hold them has really been a great improvement.

As for Junk Loot itself I think I understand WHY VI wanted to use it so I will try to explain my thought on this.

Suuure it would be easier to just have them drop coin bags or flat out drop money BUT there is one problem. Istaria goes out of its way in many cases to add Immersion which I must admit I love about this game. They explain WHY as a player you can come back from death, why you get DP, why you can Recall. They love to make the game have a base that is realistic enough that you can easily RP in the world and I admire them greatly for that.

So with that in mind, why in the world do Golems and Pigs drop coin purses? How did they get those? You have to really stretch reality and say that they ate someone with the coin purses on them or smashed them and it is now part of their fist or something. Not very realistic and hard to wrap your head around.

Why do Undead drop coin? Why does ANY monster drop coin? Suuure they may have had some when they were alive but did they honestly take it with them? Where is the market that an Aegis can walk up to and buy stuff from? They have NO use for Coin nor does any Monster. They do not have an Economy with which to USE Coin. (I mean heck the LIVING hardly use Coin the Aegis are totally out of luck LOL)

So does it not make a WHOLE lot more sense that instead the way you get money from killing various monsters and undead is by collecting trophy bits and other parts that collectors may find of value? This way the creature has the item in question on their person because it is part of them and it is valuable for an understandable reason. This way you are getting Coin for an actual REASON rather then just having it magically appear for you after killing something.

To me it is just another part of the immersion factor and a somewhat genius way to go about fixing the age old issue with RPG's where you want to reward people for killing monsters with Money but have to figure out how in the world they get Money from Monsters who should not have it on them for any conceivable reason.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Default Re: Loot Revamp: Clutter & Junk

Best loot I ever saw in a game was in the Bard's Tale remake....red hooded cloaks and picknick baskets were in the bellies of wolves.

I agree the loot revamp made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by joemarra052075 View Post
    Best loot I ever saw in a game was in the Bard's Tale remake....red hooded cloaks and picknick baskets were in the bellies of wolves.
    LOL! That is definitely Epic Win! The best here I think is the Zombie Brain. That is a real head scratcher.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    LOL! That is definitely Epic Win! The best here I think is the Zombie Brain. That is a real head scratcher.
    LOL, very true alot of it just don't make sense. tho id really like to know what a pig needed money for...
    Chrystalas Wolfbane (Saris of the Scions)..Just a normal lil kitty cat ...well maby a bit crazy..just a bit..

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwing View Post
    LOL, very true alot of it just don't make sense. tho id really like to know what a pig needed money for...
    To make up for mineral deficencies in their diet :P
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information