Thread: About RP events

Angry About RP events

Well, I want just to say, after having missed the festival of ashes, the RP event in which Selarth was killed, the RP event in which some Gifted encountered Plage, and after having prepared an RP event with 3 other players, during 3 days, to have it reported, one day after another, and now 8 days, all of this left me rather in a moody mood.

that wasn't directed at any player, but I just needed to release my frustration...

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Default Re: About RP events

The RP where Selarth was killed wasn't a planned event. It was a spontainious sort of thing. :P

But yeah, when people are all in different time zones, it's hard to keep up with things. Especially in combo with RL stuff. I've missed the Ash festival twice now. :P No idea what that Plague thing was about. *shrugs*
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    Well, I want just to say, after having missed the festival of ashes, the RP event in which Selarth was killed, the RP event in which some Gifted encountered Plage, and after having prepared an RP event with 3 other players, during 3 days, to have it reported, one day after another, and now 8 days, all of this left me rather in a moody mood.

that wasn't directed at any player, but I just needed to release my frustration...
    Plage will be showing up again. No worries about that. He is currently checking out what damage he managed and concocting his next move. (Half Giants can be a wee slow upstairs when they have been dead for a fair while LOL)

However, that attack was somewhat random as well so it is not surprising you missed it.

What do you mean about planning and RP and having it reported or whatever?
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by BrightCat View Post
    The RP where Selarth was killed wasn't a planned event. It was a spontainious sort of thing. :P

But yeah, when people are all in different time zones, it's hard to keep up with things. Especially in combo with RL stuff. I've missed the Ash festival twice now. :P No idea what that Plague thing was about. *shrugs*
    I know it was spontaneous. It happened while I was sleeping . I just regret it happened in a time in which I couldn't attend. After all that happened between LungTien and Selarth, I was so eager to be there for the final clash.
    About the festival of ashes you missed twice, are you talking about the one of this year, and the one of 2010?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    Plage will be showing up again. No worries about that. He is currently checking out what damage he managed and concocting his next move. (Half Giants can be a wee slow upstairs when they have been dead for a fair while LOL)

However, that attack was somewhat random as well so it is not surprising you missed it.

What do you mean about planning and RP and having it reported or whatever?
    Yes, it was while I was sleeping for the night, like for Selarth's last stand. And I meant, I had prepared the RP event, what would happen and how, with who, during 3 days, before the fixed date. Then, a player left, so we couldn't do it. The next day, something prevented us to do it, same thing the day after,... until this last sunday.

Again, I'm not aiming at any player, just at a lack of luck.

and now you see why I tend to stand back from arching RP plots - because I know my online time prevents me from being able to really get involved because I won't be on successive nights to see it end.

And it is very disheartening

Its also one of the reasons that when I take a break, its hard to get back in..*sigh*

Sometimes It seems like people can get way too involved in having a plot 'move forward' that they forget sometimes the other players involed who might want to be around to see it happen. People can be very selfcentered sometimes when it comes to such things. Even if you've been there every night for a week straight helping them out with "their" plot, you miss one night and what do you know..it got resolved. Huh.

Sucky sucky. I understand your ventings *wing hugs*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

*winghugs back

Sorry to hear that, Frith-Rae, and you know, I look forwards to RP with you when you come back in-game.
    Though, the main part of my rant was about the RP event I wanted to do, and being assured by other players (again, I won't give names nor aim at players) it would be fine at the said hour and day, to see them not appear, or leave,... and this during 8 days.

I'm with ya on that Lung. I missed the Selarth fight and Starstilanxs got hecka injured, and I wanted to be there so badly as I'd been WAITING for so long for The Fight to happen, but communication was poor on getting my attention so I missed it when it finally occured. :/ Githinji's been wanting a bit of personal revenge on Selarth for a while now. That disheartened me badly as well.

I had to miss the Festival as I was working. :/ Maybe next time Festivals especially can span a few days time for players who have odd-end schedules? That way everyone gets a chance to participate.
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

Well, I just logged early at the morning (8h am) to see the battle was already finished, and LungTien could just rez the deads and heal the wounded.

yeah i joined in about then as well if you remember, Githinji going all psycho protective lol
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

Yes, and thanks to LungTien, he healed Starstilanxs as best as he could when he arrived, preventing him to die, what would have disappointed Githinji more than he was.

This was also my second time missing the festival due to work *cries* I`ve never attended one so I was really looking forward to attending, but alas. I had to work
    aww! I`m sorry you missed the Selath`s death rP. it was fun. Ryzaak got himself in a heap of trouble. XD not surprzed, he often doesn`t think straight, and has his mind set on getting his blight abiliites back. XD It`ll catch up with him in the long run though I guarrentee! Hoping to plan a RP with Ryzaak, Cyinny, Racktor, Lungtien, Niveus, Romirez, Stars, and Zarla one day. not sure on the details just yet. but i`m hoping it`ll be fun. might bring Reagle in too all depends what goes down, and who`s available and in the mood.
    XD
    And I still owe you a RP Lungtien, don`t let me forget!

I missed the festival because I was in the hospital. Effectively, illness at the time had been filling me up with cement. Finally decided I may need medication. Oh well. Was barely coherent that week anyhow... much walking in circles and wondering why I just died.

Ah, I am sad to see that... I hope you'll get better. *winghugs

Thread Information