Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Consignment Merchants

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Consignment Merchants

I consign at several Chaos NPC and player shops. Most notably Clearport (connie and Tavern) as well as NT. In addition I stock a couple of guild only connies. The reason I stock "a lot of stuff" is for my own use and minimize interruptions to my game play for minor items. I can simply referr people to the appropriate connie/tavern.

I would like the options to consign for 4 week. This would cover most times that I am on the road and don't have ready access to the internet.
    So my preference is for a 4 week option, or when consigning to have a 2/4 week option with corresponding charges.

I am against the forever option as it would tend to clog up the connie.
    After the consignment period my preference is for the items to drop to vault as I tend to overstock items so that there is only a small chance that items (generally potions and foods) run out. Even though I "overstock" in general, from time to time Strength V, Metal Reapers or other items do sell out.
    Korth Koragan-

I'd like to see unlimited with a sub.

better yet. Unlimited on your own plot, and 4 weeks on a "public"/not your own plot.

Since its a player crafted centric game, we should have our own shops/consigners where we can put up a permanent display.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Amarie Ancalimon View Post
    an unlimited time period, so long as the person keeps a subscription
    o yes, this please, especially for taverns.......if not this, than certainly longer than 4 weeks...4 months, more like
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by The Traveller View Post
    Hmmm, I would vote for 4 weeks, and the option of the item to go to the pawnys if it did not sell sounds nice, if it possible
    altho i do like this idea as well.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

From the perspective of Order (I will not pretend to speak for how clogged or unclogged Chaos and Blight are under the current system):

-A choice by item/stack would be best. I definitely do not feel all items are consigned equally: Nellie eating restock fees every two weeks (when was it made to two weeks?! HOORAY!) to keep our shard's taverns stocked irritates me, but I'd be happy to only have a few weeks on the scalepacks or spells I post.

-Four weeks would be a marked improvement over two, without greatly changing the landscape of consigners.

-Unlimited with sub would probably alter the landscape a little less than people currently fear, though again I don't think it'd be useful for all situations. Granted, the penalty wouldn't be huge: since consign stacks would stay the same one would eventually manually de-list surplus instead of letting it fall to the vault. That strikes me as probably even with the current annoyance of re-listing the clutter in one's vault.

4 weeks sounds fine.

As one of Order's suppliers here's my two coppers.

If Taverns/Tavernkeepers are included as consigners then my preferences are: 4 weeks for regular consigners & unlimited for tavernkeepers/taverns.
    The reasons are most regular items do cycle through in a month's time and we could easily end up with database storage problems if we went unlimited, but food (at least on Order) is extremely variable on when folk will need it.
    If Taverns/Tavernkeepers are not included as consigners then my preference is 4 weeks.
    This is only due to the potential for database storage problems. If it wasn't for that I'd love the removal of the drudgery of relisting.
    Any increase in the length of time would be very nice, and if it was the tavernkeepers it would be super!

Nellie Lovett (and Saucy, Carmo's tavern wench), supplier of T1-6 Death Point Foods & Festival Foods at New Trismus, Kion, & Carmo for the Order Server

Ochre Tekton, supplier of T1 Spells at New Trismus for the Order Server
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

I personally think unlimited would be best. I think this would inspire more crafters to put more items up for consignment, knowing that sooner or later, they can be bought. If the player runs out of consignment slots, they can take them down manually.

Longer consigning times means a better selection for shopping players, both because their fellow players will be more likely to consign, and items will remain until bought. Seems like a winning idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    4 weeks and the option to go to pawn instead of falling back to vault.
    I am in support of Four weeks, it allows for a better length of time for players to try to sell something without having to constantly pay a fee. I also believe Sigi brings up another great point - I would rather have some Items just sell itself into pawn rather than have it go back to my vault. That way I don't have to sell it to pawn myself!

-Order -- Inisalruo Varataz-
    DeviantArt Profile

I think the 4 weeks option would work well. This game is more "relaxed" as to when people play and it isn't uncommon for breaks of a week or two here and there. The current 2 weeks is almost too short.

On the other hand the idea of "unlimited time" though sounds nice on paper would turn into a monster. I did play another game when it launched and their auction house got set up hastily and for a time the items were up indefinitely. It turned into a royal mess trying to find anything useful in all those stacks of junk.

Already now the new tris connie on Chaos gets overstuffed and wouldn't show all the items in a category unless you filter your search. And trying to explain "filtering" to a new player.........they have enough trouble with accidentally setting something and crying the trainers have nothing to sell when it is their options that wouldn't show the items.

I would make an exception for the taverns if that is possible, 6 or 8 weeks for food. As it can be very sporadic when people go on big hunting trips and chow down on mass quantities of food. Gets discouraging when the shelves become empty and I am sure it gets discouraging for the cooks when all those dishes come back to vault.

Dracaena

is it possible to have the option of 2 weeks or 4 weeks for the listing. if so i thnk that would be better, as builders before used to put resources on connie to fall into their vaults after the 2 weeks so then they would be ready to build with the materials.

just wondering.

Lillyjo, Chaos server

little late post, but...

Would you prefer consignment merchants hold items for
    as long as they do now (two weeks)
    four weeks
    an unlimited time period, so long as the person keeps a subscription
    i vote for all three points..

let players choose one of them for every item

make a new property like "set price" and set days how long you would store things in consigners
    Last edited by Vasilios; May 8th, 2011 at 11:22 AM.

I would personally go for 4 weeks.

There are a few reasons why I would choose this:
    Most obvious reason out there, it allows for more time for items to sell, it gives you more information on what sells the most and what should be placed up vs. what sells the least. Gaining this information is great for supply/demand and it makes it a lot less tedious for me to have to constantly return to my absolutely cluttered vault, drag all those items out, and place them back on the consigner.

It gives you more selection. Longer the items stay up the more the selection varies. I couldn't imagine having an unlimited time period for this, however. It would be an absolute nightmare for people to sift through -all- those items once they are all up, especially the ones that just don't sell. Thousands of items could theoretically be up and.. not to mention the time it would take to actually -load- all those.

So everything said here..:

4 Weeks for me!
    Last edited by Starstilanxs; May 9th, 2011 at 06:25 PM.

I prefer the following options:
    Active subscription: Unlimited
    Inactive subscription: 1 week after Subscription expired*
    Trial account: Until Trial account expires + 1 week*
    Free account (Human only): 2 Weeks after last login**

*) So you have time to renew/get a subscription to prevent a consigner cancel.
    **) Free accounts may get unlimited too, but because they are not subbed there should be a bar to prevent inactive free accounts from filling the consigner offer tables.

Four weeks.
    what I'd really like more is a message saying if items I put on a connie
    have been sold, the way other games tell you this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    Four weeks.
    what I'd really like more is a message saying if items I put on a connie
    have been sold, the way other games tell you this.
    Or, bring back the Consignor Search to active status. It was a powerful tool to see which items on consignment at Imperial Consignors. These days it could include Sir Aiden and Lady Aida too.

Knossos

I like the idea of how it is now, but if my observation is correct, would it perhaps be better with the consignment market was linked between merchants, much like a global player market? It seems currently to get something specific, one must ask around and figure out which merchant has what.

Four weeks with option checkbox to have item go to pawnbroker if not sold.

Better sorting filters needed too. Check out the player knowledge filters for the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Someone could decide to list 10000 speed potions on new trismus connie (and believe me, someone would). Then what would be the point of a new player leveling that school when they see huge stacks that in their months of playtime never ran out and moved by only a few hundred... would be discouraging against even bothering. Would wind up with a few select "helpful" players basically locking up the market on everything, new players would find 0 point in bothering with craft at all.

I believe the original source of this suggestion came from someone mentioning food on taverns... Perhaps Taverns (only) could be 4 weeks or 8 weeks, and regular connies 2 weeks or 4 weeks.

Very good points Guaran. I agree.

Out of the options provided by the devs, I vote 4 weeks.
    - less annoying than 2 weeks.
    - Too many potential problems with unlimited.
    Be the Dragon!

Four weeks. Like it has already been stated, unlimited time may cause more harm than good.

Thread Information