Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Valorynx Icon Pack

Default Talk to the Team: Valorynx Icon Pack

As many of you know, we have some wonderfully creative players in Istaria and some of them have spent hours creating content for the game that goes above and beyond what Virtrium has provided as a team. One of those players is Valornyx who has spent countless hours creating a specialized Icon Pack.

We have spoken to Valornyx and been given permission from him to include his icons in place of the existing icons. But again, before we made such a major change, we wanted to discuss with our players their thoughts.

An important note for this particular topic is that this would be an “either/or” choice. Valornyx’s icons would completely overwrite existing icons so the appearance of player’s hotkeys would drastically change.

We would work with the client team to introduce them in such a way that players would not have to completely rebuild their hotkey bars, as we know that would be an incredible annoyance to say the least. In addition, we’d also be looking at this as an opportunity to increase functionality/features of the use of hotkeys (not macros, just the hotkeys themselves), or the increase of how many are available... this would be function type items, not quantity.

So the questions for this topic are:

Would you support the use of Valornyx icons as replacement for the current icons?

What are the top three items you would be interested in having to make the creation/use of hotkeys have greater functionality.

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Valorynx Icon Pack

1. Question: I would totally support that. To me Vals Icon look very professional. And to be honest, the standard icons look, well dusty old and outdated. The icons of Val would bring much color into our hotkey bars, which I would love. I use myself the icons of Val since years, and never missed the old Icons to be honest.

Maybe along those lines the ui swap could be fully implemented? That you could change between themes, and so icons? I remember having the option there, but it was not yet fully in the game.

2. Question:
    I have no Idea how to make the hotkeys better, since I pretty much love, them. They are small, don't clutter up the screen, and you can assign useful macros to them, like with one press of a button you can equip another armor set.

I hope I stayed on topic with my answers.
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; March 3rd, 2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: Function, not quanity, for the hotkey bars ;)

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Unfortunately, I have never used Valornyx icons so I wouldn't want to comment on that.

I think there is an issue with the hotkey bar and multi-classing. A switch of schools usually means that the keys need to be completely rearranged. Right now, the way I deal with it is when I get my hotkeys set up for a particular school, I copy the prefs folder and store it off before I switch. When I switch back, I'll replace the prefs with the previously stored copy. To me this seems like a major workaround and gets to be a pain. So much so that I tend to not switch schools or just put up with having greyed out unusable abilities in my bars.

Just a suggestion, but maybe the bar configuration could be tied to the current school. When you switch, the hotkey bars would be restored to the way they were set up the last time you were in that school.

I support Vals icon pack as long as the color scheme might be tweaked to be consistent. Meaning offensive are a certain color (seem to be green currently abilities anyway), defensive (seem to be blue abilities), spells are colored as anything they represent currently.

To make the hotkey bars more user friendly is it possible to save them like in some online console fps shooters? Call of duty with custom classes comes to mind. Just a way to save 10 different hotkey arrangements and then be able to switch between them while in game would be very nice.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Personally I love Valorynx's icons and support this idea. I was first reluctant to get them years ago, but once I tried it I never went back to the old icons. ^^ They are much better looking in my opinion and I see this as a much needed update to these bland boring icons currently being used.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Question 2: I think there's been a significant calling for the ability to swap the hotkey bars as a set when changing a class.

Last edited by AmonGwareth; March 5th, 2011 at 11:23 AM.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

A point of clarification (which also may help with the "wishing for more wishes" that some have done).

With the suggestion to be able to have a group of hotkey bars for a particular school, what I am understanding is that you would like a command (/load hotkey setup druid, for example), that would automatically load a saved set of 100 hotkeys (10 bars, 10 slots each). Later in the day when you switch to playing your warrior as primary, you could type /load hotkey setup warrior, which would then load a different set up of bars. (Overlap would depend on how you set up each "set" initially).

If this is not correct as to what is being asked for, someone please clarify. That I see as a new feature, not a "wish for more hotkey bars.

Please do not bring Val's icon pack as a game default.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    A point of clarification (which also may help with the "wishing for more wishes" that some have done).

With the suggestion to be able to have a group of hotkey bars for a particular school, what I am understanding is that you would like a command (/load hotkey setup druid, for example), that would automatically load a saved set of 100 hotkeys (10 bars, 10 slots each). Later in the day when you switch to playing your warrior as primary, you could type /load hotkey setup warrior, which would then load a different set up of bars. (Overlap would depend on how you set up each "set" initially).

If this is not correct as to what is being asked for, someone please clarify. That I see as a new feature, not a "wish for more hotkey bars.
    Yes, this would be most handy indeed. It is a better alternative to "more hotkey bars" TBH.

I would LOVE to see Val's icons in the game. It's a feature I've been waiting for for a long time. The icons are often 10x easier to see and associate with because they are all different colors. Eg. Gold Strike, silver strike/Mining, Quarrying

TBh the default set has too many similar icons and with them all the same color, well, it's showing its age.

This is surely a great and nice work, but I'd personally prefer it to be a mod, that the players could take or let according to their preferences.

I would say yes, add it into the game (been using it for years anyway), the graphics are much fresher than the current hotkey icons.

Being able to load different profiles for hotkeys depending on your current school is also a good addition
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

1. I'm all for it. They're so much more vibrant than the current icons. Instead of looking at strings of dull purple, green or brown, there's clear distinction between many abilities, not only making them easier to tell apart, but also look very pretty.

2. I can't really say much about the functionality of the hotbars because, frankly, I don't mess around with them enough to know how to use them as shortcuts for switching out armour, using items, enacting certain commands or any of that jazz. So... yeah, I've not got enough experience to say anything about this one.
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

I don't want the default look of the game's icons to be changed. Please let it stay as a mod option.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

I would recomend making Val's icon's the default icon's, but put something in options to allow players to switch to the old icons if they want.

I'd LOVE a new feature that allows you to switch hotkey banks (/load hotkeys or what-not).

We need this.

If you are going to use, and support, a multi-school system, there's no way 10x10 keys will cover abilities for all of those schools. It barely covers my peasly 2 schools on my biped, let alone anything else.

As to Val's keys -- let it remain an option. Maybe we should make a launcher option or something and the launcher moves the files around to put Val's keys in, or take em out at the user's choice?

I'd leave these as a mod. I think it can be confusing to have to relearn and recognize an entirely new set of icons all at one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

I Support this 100000% i would love for you guys to formally recognize his work and implement it also i would love for you guys to make him a part time dev to continue his awesome mods
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Been using them for years, I say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post

This!!! Not necessarily all 10 bars, 100 hotkeys at the same time, but the ability to change multple hotkeybars with the push of 1 hotkey button or /load command.

As for the Valorynx Icon Pack, seen it in screenshots... However never tried it, mostly due to laziness. My thoughts about this would be to let people choose ingame, being able to switch back and forth if necessary. Do not force this upon people.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    I'd leave these as a mod. I think it can be confusing to have to relearn and recognize an entirely new set of icons all at one time.
    I switched to Val's icons. trust me they don't require any effort to relearn and they really do make more sence (promote intelect is no long a flexing bicep for intance *grin*)

Thread Information