Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Talk to the Team: Valorynx Icon Pack

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Valorynx Icon Pack

1. I love Valor Icons. I have been using them for years. So mybe I'm bies. But there just plain easyer on my eyes and easyer to find what I need. Just takes alittle time to ajust to them.

2. I play alot of games and there for use alot of differnt UI's and Hotkeys.
    Truthfully the Hotkeys are one of this games strong points in my eyes. Only good suggestion to improve on them would be the addtion of saved Hotkeys setups. It would help speed things up when changing schools on peds or even depending on what my Dragon is doing can use that as well now a days.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    A point of clarification (which also may help with the "wishing for more wishes" that some have done).

With the suggestion to be able to have a group of hotkey bars for a particular school, what I am understanding is that you would like a command (/load hotkey setup druid, for example), that would automatically load a saved set of 100 hotkeys (10 bars, 10 slots each). Later in the day when you switch to playing your warrior as primary, you could type /load hotkey setup warrior, which would then load a different set up of bars. (Overlap would depend on how you set up each "set" initially).

If this is not correct as to what is being asked for, someone please clarify. That I see as a new feature, not a "wish for more hotkey bars.
    Oh, yes, this would be greatly appreciated! - and I mean GREATLY!

About the icon pack, personally I think they are too bright and too prominent. I'd rather have my attention drawn to the landscape than to my hotkeys.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Out hotkeys is something other gamers envy us for.

And a big YES to Val`s wonderful icons we already use.
    For those who will not like such a change:
    Pls consider new players: Val`s icons are much more easier to distinguish
    and more modern than our old ones.
    I see it a bit like a face-lift^^ Makes Istaria younger than she is:-)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by joemarra052075 View Post
    I would recomend making Val's icon's the default icon's, but put something in options to allow players to switch to the old icons if they want.
    This. I would say you could have a UI Option that the player could check "Use Default Icons" or "Use Val's Icon Art" (or whatever name you would want top give it - it could be Default II Icon Pack or whatever).

That way those who wish to use the regular ones for whatever reason would have those to pick from.

IF they wanted the more modified version, then they could check the other option and that would be put into place as their icon pack.

Options always best.

As for hotkey functionality I will say that out of every game I've ever played Istaria set the bar years ago with their hotkeys and how customizeable they are with comands and such.

As others have said here the only imnprovement i can see is having the bars auto-switch (Or on command) for when people change classes or roles or - if on command - at will.

Much like (only as an example here people!) when a WoW Druid Shifts from Cat to Brear their Icon bars switch automatically.

If it can't be automated, perhaps then on command we could setup the bars and save them to various setups. So that on command we could say "/bar druid" or "/bar crafting" and then whatever we had saved under that name would then be loaded.

I know that on my dragon I use bar banks 1, 3, 5, and 8 for adventuring. But when crafting I manually change each bar to another one (so as not to have 10 bars on my screen). So it then becomes 2, 4, 6, 9 or some such. So only 4-5 hotbars I choose to display, I just alternate between the setups manually.

Wheras if I could save "1, 3, 5, and 8" into /bars adventure and the others into /bar craft, then when I switched activities I could just type in the command and my bars would change themselves.

Yes yes please!! Something like the above please!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    If it can't be automated, perhaps then on command we could setup the bars and save them to various setups. So that on command we could say "/bar druid" or "/bar crafting" and then whatever we had saved under that name would then be loaded.

I know that on my dragon I use bar banks 1, 3, 5, and 8 for adventuring. But when crafting I manually change each bar to another one (so as not to have 10 bars on my screen). So it then becomes 2, 4, 6, 9 or some such. So only 4-5 hotbars I choose to display, I just alternate between the setups manually.

Wheras if I could save "1, 3, 5, and 8" into /bars adventure and the others into /bar craft, then when I switched activities I could just type in the command and my bars would change themselves.

Yes yes please!! Something like the above please!
    yes please....something like that. though I would prefer 10 per school in the game (this is doable as it is a clientside feature I believe).

so /bar Warrior would give you ten
    /bar Blacksmith would give you ten
    and so on and so forth

Val's icon pack: Yes please! There are a lot of missing icons in his set for some stuff that he would have to make still but the fact that my bars have some icons that are more clear than the originals (case in point: Khutit. I'm always mixing the original icons up for each other) and suddenly there be color? Love it.

Adding more choices to a game is always good. But please leave the icon change as a choice. I tried the new skins awhile back and ended up going back to the default skin. Not because they they are not beautiful - they are - but because the UI became the focus of the screen instead of the world of Istaria.

Val's icons are gorgeous but I would prefer to keep the old one. So please make it a player choice to use them or the old ones.

Using a /load "x school" icon bars would be awesome!

Thaalia of Order

1. I can't seem to find a picture of Valornyx's icons (would have been nice to have an example in the first post), but I sort of remember what they looked like from a picture a long while ago. I remember thinking them very bright and colorful, and if I remember right, they lacked the color-coding that current in-game icons have.

Personally, I like the old ones better. Mainly because they're more subdued. I know what they are just by looking at them (except for Promote Intellect which shares Promote Vitality's icon still), so it isn't as if Val's icons distinguish them all that much more. That, and changing all the dragon icons means that they stick out a lot when compared with biped icons; they no longer fit the "feel" of the rest of the game's icons, in other words.

I don't know, there's just something about the standard icons that make them feel a lot more Istaria-y to me. There may be a few icons that need a little looking at (such as Promote Intellect and the khutit ones that Runos mentioned), but I just don't like the idea of replacing them with these really flashy, digital-looking, sharp icons. I really like the soft art style on Istaria's standard set better than the style of Val's icons. Could be nostalgia-glasses, but..

I say leave Valornyx's icons as a mod if our only option here is a full replacement of the old icons.

2. The only issue I can think of related to hotkeys is that if you're a dragon without access to a scale slot that is a duplicate of another slot, i.e., forelegs, wings, or hindlegs, using a hotkey to equip a scale in one of these slots will often throw up a "You do not have the equip location available" sort of message. You'll have to use the hotkey twice to get it to work.

If there was a way that either the toggle equipment or equip functions could be changed so that the hotkey stops trying to equip things in unavailable slots, that'd be nice.

Having a "load hotkeys" function as many others have described would be nice as well, I suppose.

Otherwise I'm really at a bit of a loss as to anything else I need hotkeys to do.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I would like to see Val's icons be put in the game as the norm. I have been using them for a few years also and I really enjoy them. When I reloaded the game a while ago, I forgot and didn't have the icons loaded. I couldn't log out and load them fast enough.

For all of the people who don't want new icons, I would like to see an official icon mod be put out by Virtrium so anyone who wants can still keep the old icons. But for new players, the new icons do look much more professional in my opinion and does help give the game that little extra polished look.

the only other thing I would like to see from the hotkeys other than what I have mentioned earlier is the ability to resize the bars.

Val's Icons. I do quite like the dragon ones except the Dragon form/Biped form icons. Out of all the "classic icons" I really like them the most and founds Val's to be a little.... well... hmm... ???? I can't comment on the Bipeds versions. I never really play a biped much.

Anyway.... I suppose that it would be possible to mod the old ones in :P
    SoG? Where? :-P

Alas gone are the days when this was easy to do.

the only other thing I would like to see from the hotkeys other than what I have mentioned earlier is the ability to resize the bars.
    Thats another good idea, will help people that have poor eyesight (most of the other windows can be resized/scaled already).
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

ohh I would appreciate that much *feels around for her dragonglasses*
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I'd love to have extra hot key bar 'sets'.
    I'd love to be able to resize my hotkeys (with my resolution the current ones are very small).
    I don't think more than 100 hotkeys need to be visable at once.
    I don't really care if you change the icons to make them prettier, I do agree if you do that, a mod should be brought out for those that like it the old way... but whatever looks more uptodate and consistant is best for the default.

As to more hotkey uses... I would have to think about it more. I think the current setup is very good... and the fact you have a text option means there is little that is not doable via hotkey.

yes please....something like that. though I would prefer 10 per school in the game (this is doable as it is a clientside feature I believe).

so /bar Warrior would give you ten
    /bar Blacksmith would give you ten
    and so on and so forth
    oh I agree if the devs saw fit (and if it was possible) to give us 10 hotkey bars for every /save or class that would be awesome!!

But, since the "asking for more hotkeys" wasn't really an option, I wasn't sure if asking for totally seperate hotbars would fall under "more hotbars" request.

Thus I gave this example as well as a way that one could still be "stuck" with the same 10 hotbars as always, but it could still be possible to have them auto-switch with classes or upon commands.

If that made sense. :)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

And here is another thought I had - leave it to the devs to decide which is happier/easier/more options.

I know I and others previously metnioned the open of loading up the default Icons or the Val Icons separetely, i.e. an option toggle.

But another thing I thought would make "both camps" happy - is just provide ALL the icons (dafault AND Val's pack) as the button options you can assign to random hotkeys. I know when I 'program' a hotkey myself I get to pick from a group of icons what I want this hotkey to display.

So, if the "option toggle" isn't an option, then perhaps just put all the icons in the hotkey bank all together - so people can choose which icons (wether they are default design or not) to put on each hotkey as they so choose.

I knwo that would literally make the hotkey image bank hundreds long, BUT it is a way of provided both icon banks without forcing either camp away from what they want to use and without having an option toggle (in case that's not possible).

Anyway, idea thrown out.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

I personally like the current icons, and have never installed Valornyx' icon pack, but if they changed it's not the end of the world, it's not a dealbreaker for me.

Hotkey use, my biggest one is:

1. If an ability is hotkeyed, and an upgraded version of that ability is attained that *overwrites* the original ability (Gold Rage III making Gold Rage II obsolete, for example) then it would be really nice if the hotkey would automagically update itself to use the new ability. Note this is only for abilities that, when you get the next level, the previous level can no longer be used and causes any hotkey you're using to grey out and become unusable.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post
    1. If an ability is hotkeyed, and an upgraded version of that ability is attained that *overwrites* the original ability (Gold Rage III making Gold Rage II obsolete, for example) then it would be really nice if the hotkey would automagically update itself to use the new ability. Note this is only for abilities that, when you get the next level, the previous level can no longer be used and causes any hotkey you're using to grey out and become unusable.
    ^^^
    So much, this.

I've died in combat because I had 2 mobs on me and I dinged a level from killing one of them and it made a key ability unusable, OR, I dinged and didn't notice that I got the new ability and I went to use it and... err, whoops.

Sometimes the key doesn't grey out until you attempt to use it or switch banks, too!

i do use Vals pack, i love it
    but i can always add it as a mod, if this is an all or nothing i would leave them be, that is unless the toggle option would be available.
    "Knowing others is intelligence,knowing yourself is true wisdom.
    Mastering others is strength,Mastering yourself is true power"
    by Lao-Tzu

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

I personally prefer the default icons. If they are wanted, they should be added as an option, not default. There should be an option that players can choose what they want like we can with the user interfaces.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

Thread Information