Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Talk to the Team: Teleporters and Gates

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Teleporters and Gates

Seems simple to me just make every destination available at every port.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Quote Originally Posted by Grodec View Post
    *chuckles* Now that would be convenient.

There would have to be some way of sorting destinations to make this usable. Perhaps major categories listed with list of destinations showing when you hit the little expand arrow? Kind of like the quest list shows now? Then it could be easily sorted by tier, etc.

I wonder if that would create a programming nightmare, having all destinations from all portals...?

Quote Originally Posted by Grodec View Post
    Problem is you'll have every major city, every settlement, every guild settlement, every port on Shepherd's Mountain, every port on Saritova, every port on Genevia, every port on Scoprion Island, every port on the Dalimond Peninsula and every Misc. ports on the same list.

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    *chuckles* Now that would be convenient.

There would have to be some way of sorting destinations to make this usable. Perhaps major categories listed with list of destinations showing when you hit the little expand arrow? Kind of like the quest list shows now? Then it could be easily sorted by tier, etc.

I wonder if that would create a programming nightmare, having all destinations from all portals...?
    I think it would be more involved building a system to categorize the ports than it would be to make every port available on every portal. (Technically at that point you could just have every portal draw from a single list of ports).

I don't think it needs to be everywhere, but some locales are just plain awful to get to and the current system makes no sense. If I can port from Sem to Last Stand, why can't I go back to Sem FROM Last Stand?
    I think every portal needs to have one Heather or Bristugo gate on it at the very least and Ice Island needs a portal out of there also.

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    ...and Ice Island needs a portal out of there also.
    Yes, please. There are resources on the Ice and Fire Islands that I cannot imagine anyone utilizes because carting them back from those islands is ridiculous.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    Yes, please. There are resources on the Ice and Fire Islands that I cannot imagine anyone utilizes because carting them back from those islands is ridiculous.
    This is where I'd suggest "If not a portal, take out the resources", but I've heard of some jewelers leveling there. Why anyone would go all the way to fire island when there are much much closer (and safer) resources is beyond me.

Guild gates, which sometimes presently take you to Settlements, would no longer do so. Likewise Settlements would not take you to Guild Towns. Scorpion Island and Genevia also would no longer connect directly to Guild Towns.
    So you are going to be isolating us? It already is hard enough to get folk to visit us, but this will make sure they won't.

For the Spring Update, we’re at new additions to plots and ways to improve the plot/lair building system overall. One of the greatest ways to change/impact plot building time is to make changes to transporting of materials, and as such, looking at the portal system and making some simple changes that could have a large impact fit well with the Spring Update.
    Yeah, this change will certainly impact construction in the Guild Communities....negatively.

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    Villagers of Carmo on Order
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post

That's what scrolls are for... Scrolls are also how I survive bringing back a full disk of adamantium.

Quote Originally Posted by Idana View Post
    That's what scrolls are for... Scrolls are also how I survive bringing back a full disk of adamantium.
    Scrolls will do for a single trip, yes. I don't know about you, but I can certainly do multiple disk-fulls in under an hour. Still might as well do gems and whatnot elsewhere with the hour scroll cooldown.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Thread Information