Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Talk to the Team: Vendor Equipment

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Vendor Equipment

I thought we have this now with the refurbished equipment available in New Trismus. Or has that feature been removed?
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Complaints about the middle tier are really what sparked the original post in this thread. Players saying that they were having trouble finding any T2, T3 and T4 equipment because the connies were only being stocked with T1 and T5.
    By the time they get that far into the game they should know who can make stuff. They may just be afraid to ask for it.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Should know and do know are 2 different things and players coming from WoW and most of the big name MMOs are seldom shrinking violets afraid to ask someone to make things for them.
    The biggest problem I've encounted is the newcomers from other games wanting to practice begging tactics (gimmee,gimmee).
    I don't mind helping someone get what they need but if they beg for money or don't want to put out the effort... forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Complaints about the middle tier are really what sparked the original post in this thread. Players saying that they were having trouble finding any T2, T3 and T4 equipment because the connies were only being stocked with T1 and T5.
    Maybe this stems back to the 2 week unsold returns to players vault. Usually by the time a player gets to T2 and up, they wanted gears that are teched.

Another problem is with the difficulty filtering items on the connie. If the connie has over 1000 items, it becomes difficult to see what's on it -- even using one of the filters, items don't always display.
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Grodec View Post
    By the time they get that far into the game they should know who can make stuff. They may just be afraid to ask for it.
    Or they feel uncomfortable with asking (which was the case with Me).

We are taught in other MMORPGs that Begging = BAD.

When you do something for someone in another MMORPG (or even RL) you expect something in return.

When you're the one needing something in another MMORPG or IRL, you expect to have to PAY for it in some way or another.

A low-level player has very little, to nothing a high-level player would possibly want.

I didn't like asking for free handouts, because I knew I had nothing to give in return. So, I asked as sparingly as I could and tried to do my best to get around it, or make whatever I need, myself.

Problem is, this game is very difficult to do that with. And not everyone feels like picking at ore nodes for 50+ hours before they can gain another 10 levels on their adventure school(s). Not only do they need 1 craft, but they actually need 2.

No matter what school you do, you need at the very minimum, 2 crafts leveled to make your own stuff. And even then, you're likely doing it without tech'd gear unless you are a dragon.

To level a biped you almost certainly must do Blacksmithing to 100 first, for tools. You will also need Blacksmithing to make your weapons.

Then, you must level whatever armor-making school your adventure school uses, be it Cloth, Leather, or Metal.

Oh, but wait!

If you have a school that can cast spells, you need either Scholar or Spellcrafter, too!

Unless you don't mind spending hours worth of money grind on the spell vendor NPC, and those spells are always untech'd.

Not everyone feels like doing all of that just to level an adventure school.

This is a tough question, as I understand why you want to make it easier for ADV's to get armor, but it hurts crafting a touch. There's a lot to think about with this, but you obviously have to make a choice. I also don't fully understand the complexities of the Crafting Trade in istaria, because people tend to do things for free as long as you give them tech components. As an EVE player, I find this wrong, but it's how the Istaria community has evolved due to lack of other helpful mechanics.

I'll get out the "What I'd rather have" first... as it will explain why I think a few other offered suggestions by other players are good compromises.

What would honestly solve your problem... is a proper item search of some sort for players who go to a Shop. I say with a touch of fear, you really should look into how EVE does it's player market. When looking at their "system" of putting up sell orders and buy orders, please look at the SYSTEM and not their entire economy and how that works! Istaria is not big enough for that, but it can certainly benefit from some of the ideas.

Buy Orders: These create tasks for crafters to go out and complete. It's easily designed for the buyer to tell a crafter what they want exactly, and any crafter can fulfill this order on their own time. Istaria already does this! But it's only on "Plots" =(

Sell Orders: Crafters can build items and put them up for easy sale to new comers, with out waiting for an order to come in.

Market Window: This should allow a user to easily search the database of items out there for sale [or desired to buy] and tell the user where to go and how much they cost. It helps sellers figure out how much they can expect to sell something, and harmonizes the price of an item on the server.

But... I imagine we can't have this. =(

So... With that said...

I like the idea of crafting quest that get crafters to build and sell items for money. This works like a "Buy" order for them. They go out there, cut the resources, take quest and craft those resources into finished items and get money. Yay!

I like the idea of venders that sell UN-teched stuff. This works like "Sell" orders for the buyer. They can go and get the items they need to progress. They're not the best items, but it's better than naked, and if they want better than naked, they can go bug a crafter. They aren't going to invest in highly teched stuff at mid levels anyway are they? To much time and effort to only have level out of it.

For what I think Istaria can do, this is a very good exchange. You're not killing crafters in those tiers, and Adventures are able to get their basics easily enough as new players. As I pointed out, you already do this with crafters for plots. Plot owners can assign a value for materials used... like a buy order, and crafters apply and make money as if they're selling.

I read a comment that was against this, because they feel the adventurer should be in a guild and be able to ask for help. While ideal yes, at this point is the crafter actually selling them the item? Or doing it for charity and good will on the guild's behalf as I see often? If true, I don't see the difference. I see that hurting the crafters just as much as the above offered ideas. The only downside to the above offered idea, is that it doesn't help community building.
    Last edited by Chioxin; February 3rd, 2012 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssilmath View Post
    Unless this program is for the basic classes, it may lead to some confusion for people playing hybrid classes. A Shaman may not realize that they need to see the Cleric/Scout for armor, the Mage for spells and the Warrior for weaponry and a shield. Or a Ranger may not realize that he needs to see both the mage and the cleric for spells. Due to the diverse array of gear, weapons and spells, each trainer would need a wide range of equipment and at that point you may as well just have one NPC who sells everything at once.
    thas I didn't see reason to make new sellers. better put all to Pawnbrocker, I think.
    (And it is not so clear for newbies at all, that every NPS may sell something (expect of Connie and Pawn, that described in tutorial) So I was very surprised, that when I get task make scale for replica, I can jast pay formula from task-master. my first action was - buy scale from connie.)

But I didn't sure, NPS-seller realy needed. with this:
    Originally Posted by Balthizar View Post
    I also think a new NPC is realy realy realy needed. A Orders NPC were a player can place a open order to be filled for coin. i.e. I place a Order up for a Tier 3 E-bolt with Tech-3 Stun/damg inc. and Range.
    player-crafter may understadt, what is needed, and fast fullfill conies with neсesaries things.
    at present moment, crafter may not do gears, in reason - too many options, how it may be teched, and absolutely doesn't know, will it needed and selled, or not.
    it realy looks good, I think
    Last edited by Krinharth; February 8th, 2012 at 08:43 PM.

Thread Information