Thread: Itunes

Default Itunes

Not sure if to post this here

but i notice when every i run iTunes in the background and play music, the game really lags FPS wise and seems to have performance hindrance regardless what the FPS windows says...even though it says 14fps it is acting like 8 FPS

I know this is not a high priority issue, solution not to run itunes but wondering if any one else notice this and mabye theirs a work around to enjoy music while not having a hit on my FPS

and no its not low memory, i got 9 gigs of ram and i can run photo shop, chrome, adobe premier and not have this issue

Default Re: Itunes

I would just use a different program to play my music.. I know Winamp works just fine with Istaria running on my computer which can't run Photoshop alongside Istaria. x3

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Itunes could be maxing out your processor, a media player wouldn't be very RAM intensive. If you have a multi-core processor, try splitting the affinity, such as Istaria to Core 0 and Itunes to Core 1 if you have a dual core, or Istaria to core 0 and 1 and Itunes to Core 2 and 3 if a quad core. Otherwise try using a lighter player such as Winamp, Itunes can be pretty resource intensive.
    Last edited by Akrion; March 10th, 2011 at 08:23 AM.

I tend to use Windows Media Player, myself, and music videos on Youtube are working fine too, for me, with Istaria's windowed mode.

Ive been getting random crashes with no error messages the last two days. Only thing I can associate it with is I have also been trying to update my phone for two days with I-tunes.

I'd try the Winamp suggestion personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    but itunes has all my groups
    I've found that Itunes generally plays havoc with pc performance whenever it's running. If you're playing music off of your ipod through itunes, I presume it's even worse than what I see. I might try it sometime lol to see what happens.

Is there any way you could convert your music to run on Winamp? I've only bought music through the pc so generally I'm using WMP.

Good luck!

Rakku

Thread Information