Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From the Order Shard, to everyone

Default Re: From the Order Shard, to everyone

Thank you for posting this, Stars. I'm just glad I'm not the only one that feels this needs to be addressed and more importantly seen.

I play on Order, and I approve this message.

I agree.

I can honestly say that even though I'm semi-afk from the game right now, when I am on Order I talk OOC and IC, in /say and in /dragon and in /rp and various other rooms. I've never been treated rudely, corrected, talked down to - talked at - anything negative like that.

There's drama everywhere - no matter what game or what shard if you look you can find it. If you knwo the warning signs you can avoid it, wherever you go - IRL and in game. Order people may just be more common on their forums in general, more committed to forum posting - whatever the reason.

But there's far more good on the server than "bad" and the fact that I've gone YEARS without runing into "bad" should say something!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quite so! To be honest, the ONLY thing that keeps me in this game a year later is the community. If there were only the same community i see in other games, I would have left after the first week, because i'll be honest i don't LIKE the game. But I like the community, and I stay for the friends and the RP. Sure, once in a while we get a troll- but who doesn't? It's actually quite rare, which may be why, i guess, everyone hears about every single one we GET and thus perceives they are common >.>
    Now, I'm not particularly active on the forums... so honestly I wasn't aware of this issue up until this moment. But... yes, our community is wonderful.

I definitely agree with Starstilanxs on this. I don't think Order has any higher rate of player conflicts than any server out there - they're just amplified because the Order community is so much smaller. It doesn't, however, mean that Order is somehow a 'bad' server or that everyone there is mean.

Far from it. I found Order to be a remarkably friendly, helpful, and articulate community for an MMO, and it didn't take me long at all to make friends and find many people willing to roleplay with me and answer any questions I had.

The issue is not that people aren't friendly - the issue is that yes, the community is small at this time. There are off-times where there are simply not many people on, and those who are may be in a different chat channel. If you aren't getting a response in one channel, try another one. Those of us who are on are usually happy to help, in my experience - you just need to find us!

That's the downside of a small community. But I feel that, for me at least, the positives outweigh the negatives considerably. I like knowing and recognizing so many of the players I see around, and they know who I am, too. It's a tight-knit community. My friends there are always willing to help whether it's with things in the game itself, or being there if someone wants to vent about RL issues. I've never found that kind of community on a game before. Not to mention that Order is a roleplaying server, and I have really been impressed by the level of writing of so many of the players there.

I love Istaria as a game, but I have to say, it's really the Order community that keeps me paying my subscription every month. My advice to anyone with doubts about the Order shard would be to try it out and see for yourself before forming opinions based on a few naysayers. And if you do try Order, check the different channels to see where the people are. I, for one, am always happy to say hi when I see a new face around. =3

I agree, Order is filled with Friendly people, granted the population makes it difficult to find them sometimes, but join around the channels, Dragon, Role-Play, Dragon OOC, Dragon (OOC Off-Topic), Marketplace, New Player. All these channels usually have someone who is more then willing to help out guiding a new player (Give them a chance to respond first ). Hanging around the Town of New Trismus will usually eventually yield a player whose willing to help out, it's a commonplace for rp as well.

There are admittedly a couple of bad eggs (pardon the pun) but there always is wherever you go.

And what Shikai said is true, almost everyone knows each other, Even their alts in most cases. It is a close community who is accepting of new players, and even willing to help guide those who are new to rp into getting better at dissecting IC from OOC. And if you need help, throw a shout out.
    Thenalth Venalueth (Order) Adult Lunus
    Kelthorath Insalik (Order) Hatchling
    Riethali Koray (Order) Hatchling

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

Default Re: We are no freaks

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    Order is a tight, helpful, friendly and warm hearted community.
    Like on the other shards noone has to play, fight or stay alone.
    I can tell. I`m on each day since I logged in on Order years ago.

But what a false impression others might get,
    if they read about Order in forum

I do not mean to offend anyone who posted here about grievances of Order.
    I try to understand, and often it makes me sad and angry to hear about all that.

But I can assure that we have fun together every day. That we talk and laugh together. That we share probs ingame or rl. That lots of us are connected via skype just to enjoy,
    to coordinate hunts or to discuss/explain patch-notes or dev- desk e.g.
    Most of us are busy all the time. But never too busy to answer questions, craft equippment or help with quests. And there is always someone to great you welcome.

WE ARE NO FREAKS

Say something, Order

Freaks?

I have had my quarrels here...most rather stupid and that I have confrunted and cleared.

I have developed friendships here with people that are both good roleplayers and good people.

There are many people that while I have not yet told them, I admire them greatly, reguardless of what they think of me.

I do not think Order is a "Bunch of Freaks".

Sappy as this sounds - I think we are more of a family then anything
    We're all stuck in a mess of relationships,
    that go on with or without you.

Default Re: We are no freaks

Quote Originally Posted by Fix View Post
    Freaks?

I have had my quarrels here...most rather stupid and that I have confrunted and cleared.

I have developed friendships here with people that are both good roleplayers and good people.

There are many people that while I have not yet told them, I admire them greatly, reguardless of what they think of me.

I do not think Order is a "Bunch of Freaks".

Sappy as this sounds - I think we are more of a family then anything
    The post is clearly directed to non order players.

This thread really should be placed back to where it belongs, in General, and not in Order.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thank you, Devs, for returning this thread to General. Much appreciated. <3

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

Freaks? Really?

I have argued with a few people before. Yet I have forgiven them and gotten along!

I have met people great in character and IRL, people whom are perfect examples of what to follow.

Order? We are a FAMILY. And we are proud.
    We're all stuck in a mess of relationships,
    that go on with or without you.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i am only an occasional visitor to order, but the times i do get there, i always know i will be among friends, peeps who are generous and gracious. when i have been in the wrong, i have been gently and politely steered back to the proper course.

blight is my home, but i never regret sending derexx there - order is a great and awesome shard, for the most part, just like all shards....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

LOL - Yes Fix I agree. I've often though of all the players on Order as my "family". Its nice to go "where everyone knows your name" even when noone responds to chat because yes, we do have a low population.

And like EVERYONE's family sometimes there will be arguments or disagreements, an off-egg or two you don't get along with. And then the drama passes and the family moves on, together. Still there. Still family.

I still pay a sub to this game for two reasons. My plot and the Order COmmuinty. If I really felt it had fallen apart I wouldn't bother coming back, I wouldn't bother keeping a sub up even on the months I can't/don't play.

But the Community has always kept me coming back, and they always welcome me with open wings and open paws and open arms when I do come back - no matter how long I'm gone.

The Community really is awesome. But it is small, and so you can't take it personally if things get quiet, or noone responds.

(Or youc an do like me and start mimicking dragon-claw-puppets in chat and start talking to yourself. Eventually someone responds...if for no other reason than to shut me up...ROFL )
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information