Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From the Order Shard, to everyone

Hybrid View

Default We are no freaks

Order is a tight, helpful, friendly and warm hearted community.
    Like on the other shards noone has to play, fight or stay alone.
    I can tell. I`m on each day since I logged in on Order years ago.

But what a false impression others might get,
    if they read about Order in forum

I do not mean to offend anyone who posted here about grievances of Order.
    I try to understand, and often it makes me sad and angry to hear about all that.

But I can assure that we have fun together every day. That we talk and laugh together. That we share probs ingame or rl. That lots of us are connected via skype just to enjoy,
    to coordinate hunts or to discuss/explain patch-notes or dev- desk e.g.
    Most of us are busy all the time. But never too busy to answer questions, craft equippment or help with quests. And there is always someone to great you welcome.

WE ARE NO FREAKS

Say something, Order
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Default Re: We are no freaks

Agreed. While the fact that Order is an RP server can bring out more problems simply due to the nature of RP, it's really sad that a few people seem to assume the entire server is full of crazies based only on the conflicts that occasionally appear on the forums.

People are just as friendly and helpful on Order as I assume they are on Chaos. You ask a question in a chat channel and you'll usually get multiple people trying to help, even if they have to explain, in-depth and step-by-step, how to do something that's explained in the tutorials.

And RP itself ins't a bad guy here either. There are a number of people on the shard that play only for RP, sometimes to the point where their character has no levels at all.

The facts are that the goods outweigh the bads significantly, and many of the conflicts that happen on Order can happen anywhere. Anytime you get a group of people together, there will be problems at some point. But Order's community is smaller, and many times a conflict that might be small on Chaos can have a much bigger effect on Order because the community is so tight-knit.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Why was this moved? I don't entirely see the point of this thread being moved. I believe the entire purpose of Lovwyrm posting this thread was to get the message out to non-Order players, not to people that are already in Order. It being in the Order forum kind of defeats the purpose. >.> As far as I can see this thread falls well within the constraints of General, as it is a discussion aimed at the Istarian community as a whole, not just the Order community. (In fact it's not even meant to address the existing Order community to begin with.)

Thank you Akrion.

This thread was put into "General" by intention.

I wanted all Istarians to read it. Order people already know.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I just don't see any point in this thread being moved in contrast to other threads. Why was the "Farewell, Order." thread left in the Taking a Leave forum? That has absolutely nothing to do with leaving Istaria and absolutely everything to do with the Order community, yet it remains where it was posted.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    I can tell. I`m on each day since I logged in on Order years ago.

But what a false impression others might get,
    if they read about Order in forum
    Hi Lov,
    despite all the weird stories - and they are weird and not inviting to play on Order - I always thought -Lov plays on order so it's impossible that it is that bad

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Exclamation Re: We are no freaks

I second the request to move this thread back to General. This isn't aimed at the Order community but at the other shards' players. Please, developpers, put this thread back on General as soon as possible.

Agreed 100%. Order IS a very fun and great shard to be on, despite what a few people might think because say....they have a problem with one person and then assume the entire community is wretched and terrible.

Constantly, I am defending order on DA from a few nay-sayers who LOOOOOVE to just slam order and paint nearly everyone there with a single brush stroke. Heck, I was even barred from commenting on Sorian's DA page because I would bring up fallacies in his arguments.

The fact is that there are many, many very friendly and helpful people on Order who would love to help newbies with quests or even getting introduced to RP.

Also, whatever people may think, Order is NOT just filled with uber serious dark rps. For heaven's sake, I get into nice, relaxed, fun RPs far more often then I get into ultra serious confrontational ones! People need to really, really stop spouting half-truths and twisted information just because they feel slightly ticked that one person did something.
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

Unhappy Re: We are no freaks

Quote Originally Posted by Sereamha View Post
    Agreed 100%. Order IS a very fun and great shard to be on, despite what a few people might think because say....they have a problem with one person and then assume the entire community is wretched and terrible.

Constantly, I am defending order on DA from a few nay-sayers who LOOOOOVE to just slam order and paint nearly everyone there with a single brush stroke. Heck, I was even barred from commenting on Sorian's DA page because I would bring up fallacies in his arguments.

The fact is that there are many, many very friendly and helpful people on Order who would love to help newbies with quests or even getting introduced to RP.

Also, whatever people may think, Order is NOT just filled with uber serious dark rps. For heaven's sake, I get into nice, relaxed, fun RPs far more often then I get into ultra serious confrontational ones! People need to really, really stop spouting half-truths and twisted information just because they feel slightly ticked that one person did something.
    I had nice, fun and good RP there, since I am on this game, from the end of 2008, but sadly, some people seem to take the slightest occasion for attacking and denigrating the whole Order shard and its community of RPers and non-RPers, on this forum, on deviantart and elsewhere, whatever the thread's topic is about and whatever the issue can be.

I, too, cannot see the reasoning for moving this not only to the Order shard forum, but to a subforum of it. It seems almost buried here. :/

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I have nothing against Order, and by no means does it consist of "freaks."

I'm sure a lot of you read my good bye to Order post, and I think a lot of you misunderstood. I moved shards because of my personal problems, not because of Order itself.

I suffer from some bad emotional disorders. I can't handle any of the more emotional and dramatic role playing. I'm not saying, "Order needs to calm down!" I'm saying that I need to calm down. XD Order is a great shard, always has been. But I can't handle the stuff that goes on there. If I could help it, I would have stayed. But I found Chaos to be very welcoming and decided it would be better for me if I moved.

For people who like RP, I would still recommend Order. For people who don't, I would recommend Chaos. For people who like to RP but have serious emotional problems like I do, I would recommend Chaos.

Again, it was entirely because of ME that I left, NOT because of Order. Just to make it clear so no one misunderstands.
    ~Proud owner of~
    ~www.istaria-club.deviantart.com ~

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

Default Re: From the Order Shard, to everyone

Freaks? Really?

I have argued with a few people before. Yet I have forgiven them and gotten along!

I have met people great in character and IRL, people whom are perfect examples of what to follow.

Order? We are a FAMILY. And we are proud.
    We're all stuck in a mess of relationships,
    that go on with or without you.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i am only an occasional visitor to order, but the times i do get there, i always know i will be among friends, peeps who are generous and gracious. when i have been in the wrong, i have been gently and politely steered back to the proper course.

blight is my home, but i never regret sending derexx there - order is a great and awesome shard, for the most part, just like all shards....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Exclamation From the Order Shard, to everyone

Now, since the other thread that lovwyrm made got moved, I figured that I would make one myself here as this is a shout-out to everyone out there about Order.

There are many misconceptions about the Order Role-Playing server, people see us as a very unfriendly community or one that is no where near as helpful as Chaos (not to say anything against Chaos of course, I am sure you are all wonderful!). But we are nothing as the forums portray us to be like. We are a very helpful, friendly, and open-minded community.

I wanted this to be spoken out a while ago and I regretfully have not had the chance to do so. Lovwyrm took a step to do that, but the post was moved before anyone on the -outside- could view it.

We welcome everyone here, it is not a bad shard where we bash people, maul them for making a simple mistake, or refuse to answer any of their questions. Many, and I do mean -many-, of us strive to make people feel at home. I welcome people to the server all the time when I see someone new passing by. Friends, guildmates, and others are always willing to say "Hello! How are you doing today?"

My point being is that, we, the Order Shard community, are not bad. Don't be offset by the posts in the forums or rumors you hear from others about us. Come and see for yourself and I -promise- should you interact with some of the players that have been here for a long time, you will get a very friendly and welcoming response.

Thank you for posting this, Stars. I'm just glad I'm not the only one that feels this needs to be addressed and more importantly seen.

I agree.

I can honestly say that even though I'm semi-afk from the game right now, when I am on Order I talk OOC and IC, in /say and in /dragon and in /rp and various other rooms. I've never been treated rudely, corrected, talked down to - talked at - anything negative like that.

There's drama everywhere - no matter what game or what shard if you look you can find it. If you knwo the warning signs you can avoid it, wherever you go - IRL and in game. Order people may just be more common on their forums in general, more committed to forum posting - whatever the reason.

But there's far more good on the server than "bad" and the fact that I've gone YEARS without runing into "bad" should say something!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I play on Order, and I approve this message.

Quite so! To be honest, the ONLY thing that keeps me in this game a year later is the community. If there were only the same community i see in other games, I would have left after the first week, because i'll be honest i don't LIKE the game. But I like the community, and I stay for the friends and the RP. Sure, once in a while we get a troll- but who doesn't? It's actually quite rare, which may be why, i guess, everyone hears about every single one we GET and thus perceives they are common >.>
    Now, I'm not particularly active on the forums... so honestly I wasn't aware of this issue up until this moment. But... yes, our community is wonderful.

I definitely agree with Starstilanxs on this. I don't think Order has any higher rate of player conflicts than any server out there - they're just amplified because the Order community is so much smaller. It doesn't, however, mean that Order is somehow a 'bad' server or that everyone there is mean.

Far from it. I found Order to be a remarkably friendly, helpful, and articulate community for an MMO, and it didn't take me long at all to make friends and find many people willing to roleplay with me and answer any questions I had.

The issue is not that people aren't friendly - the issue is that yes, the community is small at this time. There are off-times where there are simply not many people on, and those who are may be in a different chat channel. If you aren't getting a response in one channel, try another one. Those of us who are on are usually happy to help, in my experience - you just need to find us!

That's the downside of a small community. But I feel that, for me at least, the positives outweigh the negatives considerably. I like knowing and recognizing so many of the players I see around, and they know who I am, too. It's a tight-knit community. My friends there are always willing to help whether it's with things in the game itself, or being there if someone wants to vent about RL issues. I've never found that kind of community on a game before. Not to mention that Order is a roleplaying server, and I have really been impressed by the level of writing of so many of the players there.

I love Istaria as a game, but I have to say, it's really the Order community that keeps me paying my subscription every month. My advice to anyone with doubts about the Order shard would be to try it out and see for yourself before forming opinions based on a few naysayers. And if you do try Order, check the different channels to see where the people are. I, for one, am always happy to say hi when I see a new face around. =3

I agree, Order is filled with Friendly people, granted the population makes it difficult to find them sometimes, but join around the channels, Dragon, Role-Play, Dragon OOC, Dragon (OOC Off-Topic), Marketplace, New Player. All these channels usually have someone who is more then willing to help out guiding a new player (Give them a chance to respond first ). Hanging around the Town of New Trismus will usually eventually yield a player whose willing to help out, it's a commonplace for rp as well.

There are admittedly a couple of bad eggs (pardon the pun) but there always is wherever you go.

And what Shikai said is true, almost everyone knows each other, Even their alts in most cases. It is a close community who is accepting of new players, and even willing to help guide those who are new to rp into getting better at dissecting IC from OOC. And if you need help, throw a shout out.
    Thenalth Venalueth (Order) Adult Lunus
    Kelthorath Insalik (Order) Hatchling
    Riethali Koray (Order) Hatchling

Thread Information