Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Horizons Crafting Calculator: NEW UNOFFICIAL SERVER

Default Re: Horizons Crafting Calculator: NEW UNOFFICIAL SERVER

New Update available (Click Live Update button in program).

Checked game patch notes since last update. Added some missing/new things and fixed a couple of bugs:

• Added: Geleon's Master in Scrolls - Incorporeal category.
    • Added new Dragon Crystalshaper's Boons (Delta 278)
    • Added new Dragon Lairshaper's Boons (Delta 278)
    • Updated all other boons with the new T4 (Benefit) and T5 (Benevolence) (Delta 276)
    • Fixed keywords so that Scholar's Boons aren't available on Dragon Scales
    • Fixed keywords so that Dragon Crafter's Boons aren't available on biped armor and jewelry
    • Added T6 Gold Papyrus sheet to Resources - Papyrus Sheet (Delta 273)
    • Tier 2-6 Storehouses’ skill range has been adjusted to 200 (difference between minimum and optimal).
    • Tier 3 Barn has skill range adjusted to 200 (difference between minimum and optimal).
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Was making a couple dragon disks yesterday and used HCC. The III Helian & III Lunus flying cargo disks are mixed up, you pick III Helian on the "Tiers/Variants" part and the Steel-Granite Lunus Cargo disk shows in the description window above it. Pick the III Lunus and the Helian one shows in description window. Thanks for your fine work on everything Cegaiel, your the best

Thanks for the note, fixed on next update.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 6th, 2015 at 02:53 PM.
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

A player pointed out a bug in game and I decided to check the keywords in HCC, to see if it was setup incorrectly, too. Indeed it is.

I've fixed keywords (statmod_carpentry_up to statmod_scalecraft_up) so that you can't add Craft: Scalecraft techs and stack with Dragon Crafter's Boons. Both give scalecraft mods and shouldn't stack, when creating Dragon Scales.

I didn't push another update for this minor fix, so instead just added the updated files to yesterday's .zip update. If you've already updated since yesterday, then please Re-Update for the fix. Click Live Update, Check for Updates, then click the RE-DOWNLOAD button to get this fix. If you didn't update since yesterday, then then you won't see "Re-Download" and this step/post doesn't apply to you; you'll just see the standard "Update" button. Also got your fix in at same time, Dacurly
    Last edited by Cegaiel; September 7th, 2015 at 03:16 AM.

Hi guys,

I accidentally pushed an update on 3/16/2016 that wasn't quite ready. Additionally the updates I need to tweak some files in the .zip file. Since I didn't realize it was pushed, then if you've updated HCC since this date (last Weds) then you might see some strangeness in HCC. Such as the old star icons are back, odd names, extra files that shouldn't be there.

I suggest you delete the Config folder from the folder (likely C:\Program Files (x86)\HCC2\Config. - Delete the entire folder - it doesn't matter if you delete before or while HCC is running.

Then click on the Live Update button, click the Check for Update button . It would inform you have the latest version. Just go ahead and click the button beside it -> Re-download button to force it to patch again. The new download will fix everything.

If you're nervous about deleting any folders, then that's OK, too. You might see a couple of things that shouldn't be there, but it will work just fine. But you still want click the Re-download button (if you've updated since 3/16).

HHC is showing capes (both cloth and padded) can take an armor socket.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    HHC is showing capes (both cloth and padded) can take an armor socket.
    Known and unfixable bug in the .exe

Buried deep in the thread, but see post#70 http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...l=1#post289202

ahh ok, didn't search back 3 years lol.

thx for the response

Since this thread has been bloated over-time. Here is the link to find the current HCC, how to connect to current update server (so you don't have a copy of database from 2013).

http://www.istaria.info/hcc-installation

True, this program hasn't been updated since April 2016 but it's still a great tool.

Thought I'd re-share this for anyone new trying to figure this out and save time from having to delve into 3 years of post to find it.

Also, when it doubt, check out http://istariareference.com (near bottom will be current links to HCC and any signicant regarding update servers). This is in the bottom portion "External/Misc Links"

---- Edited:

I've also made an updated/new copy of config.xml (<-- Right Click, Save As) that points to IstariaReference's Mirror folder (exact same copies of Istaria.Info) in case there should ever be a problem with the site going down or any temporary issues. Should istaria.info ever have any server issues, then you can use this one to pick up the slack. Otherwise, continue to use Istaria.info as normal. Don't use the above config.xml unless noted. Continue to use the config.xml at http://www.istaria.info/hcc-installation .

However, should this site become unavailable in future, use http://istariareference.com/mirror/Config.xml to choose the mirrored/redundant server for updates.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; August 6th, 2017 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post

True, this program hasn't been updated since April 2016 but it's still a great tool.
    Is anyone, at all, maintaining the database for this program?

No one is maintaining it currently. As far as I know Valeros (owner of istaria.info) and I are the only ones with access to edit the database. I wouldn't mind more people being able to help out, but I have lost contact with him and I don't have access to add new users. I have thought about creating a similar online application to maintain a database for HCC. But he's spent tons of hours creating one and to start over from scratch is a huge undertaking. But with that said, at least I'd be able to allow a few players access to update it and that'd help a bunch.

To catch this program back up to date would probably be at least 40 hours investment. The database simply stores the raw data and exports it to .xml (which is all the files you see in the HCC folders). Those .xml is where all the data displays on the program.

If someone were to just physically add/edit items to the appropriate .xml files, I could add those to the update files. You can sort of play around and see how this works by editing something in the .xml file (Use Notepad or text editor). It's a bit confusing to look at it. If you put things in the wrong sets, it won't look correct.

But if you're just curious to see how, just edit something in one of the .xml files, such as the c:\program files (x86)\HCC2\Config subfolders. Once something is edited, then you can click on Options, Settings, Recache Database (Ctrl+R). You'd then see those changes in the program. Beware, there is a bug that happens sometimes. If you recache too many times, you might see the icons disappear from program. To fix that. Exit the program. Then recache again. That'll fix that issue.

I'll see if I can start chipping away at catching it back up one day, but for now, I'm afraid I don't have a lot of time to go back over and reverify everything. I'm sure there's probably new components that needs added. I know theres about 15 new formulas added to the game since last update, etc.

Theres a few formulas, such as the master repair formulas that I won't add (they create 20+ different products). Doing it on the website, would take about 3 hours just for one formula.

But since you guys use the program and play the game, you are a better source of information on suggestions of what needs added, comps that are missing, names changed, etc.

I created a Google Doc page, if you notice anything, feel free to jot down a list, suggestions, comments, etc. It'll probably be easier than to keep bloating this thread with multiple comments about missing items.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

If anyone has a grasp on how to edit the .xml files and can update anything, feel free to drop the updated .xml's to this Google Drive (leave a note on the Doc page about what was updated:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...nc?usp=sharing

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i don't know if it would be any help, ceg, but i am currently doing the town marshal quests for my blog. i can at least help verify locations and the like while on my travels. if you can give me some ideas of what to look for and how to get the info to you in an useful form, feel free to let me know. pm me here or let me know if you need an email or social media access.
    i am just starting the dalimond quests, so i will be in that area, abandoned and scorpion islands, etc. i would be happy to just go exploring as well, if you like.

ooo, i could even kill two birds - i could make it a blog thing. exploring the world to update the craft calc. let me know!
    Last edited by velveeta; August 17th, 2017 at 05:49 AM. Reason: a thought occurred
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thanks for the offer Velveeta, but the calculator isn't really based on locations in the world. It's more so entering info about formulas in the game. I'm going to attempt to start working on it again, since I have the info at my fingertips anyways, makes more sense.

Okay. I had never worked in xml before so I took a day or two to learn it. I have added all the steelsilk cargo gear to armor_cargogear.xml and uploaded the file. I put the revised file into my calculator, re-cached the DB, and it all seems to work fine.

I don't know what other new formulae needs to be added, but if you give me a list, I can modify the appropriate files and upload them...

Radamanthas

I've installed it and updated the config.xml, let it update. Downloads the 2016-4 something updates. But I am not seeing anything. I think that maybe it trying to unzip into Program Files is getting denied by UAC or something. And I already click "Yes" to the do you want to run this program popup from windows... I think the install needs updated, unless I am missing something.

Guaran, If it updated properly, then you should see DB: 2016-03-16 instead of some insanely old date.

If you don't see that, then maybe try once again to update. Click Live Update button, Check For Update, then click the "Start Download" or "Re-download" button again.

You should be seeing this when you click Update:

But I'm about to look at Radamanthas' update, so possibly by the time you read this, it might read 2017-08-19 ...
    Last edited by Cegaiel; August 19th, 2017 at 09:32 AM.

This looks great, Radamanthas! However, it's not your fault, it's mine that there is a discrepancy that was overlooked.

On Delta 299.3 http://community.istaria.com/news/?id=760
    Formula: Master Cargo Boots requires 1120 Tinkering (incorrectly set at 1020)

Well, I just realized we updated the scribe level (constraint), but we forgot about the Min and Optimal level on the resources. Those still show as 1020/1245 . They should be 1120/1345.

I've just now updated that for next delta. The Boot formula you provided is technically correct (for now), but I've modified it to use 1120/1345 as the min/optimal level, since it will be updated to those values on next delta (might as well do it now before it's forgotten).

So you kind of made a bug stick out to me, thanks

However, we do now have our official 1st update since last year.

You should see a new update when clicking the Live Update button:

I don't have time to look at a list right now, but if I'll try to compile a list of possible things that needs added, at a later date.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; August 19th, 2017 at 11:28 AM.

Looks great! Since I now know that I edited the file correctly - with the information available to me, at the time - I feel more confident about editing other files, as needed. Just need to know *what* needs added or changed, and I will be happy to help.

Slight update today. Fortify tech now has buff keyword (per delta 301). Add buff keyword to Fortify tech and Gift spells so Spell: Fortify will correctly appear in list, when selecting Gift Spells.

Cleaned up some incorrect values that display when you click on Craft Techs (Skill Gain from School - in red letters) in description window.

The last update (2017-08-29) sort of bypassed the update check routine. It would have caused a popup box to incorrectly say a new update was available everytime the program was started. You probably disabled that to prevent that. It's safe to turn on the "Check for Update" box again (in Options, Settings, Configuration).

Fixed a configuration issue so that using the redundant update server of Istaria Reference (see info about config.xml on Post #148). The mirror folder will now detect when a request is from HCC and display the version # for the program.. Otherwise it'll show the files for everyone else.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Is there any reason Priceless scales have been removed from the data base? I'm sure i used this last time i went to add techs to them.
    Cannot find Regal scales anywhere now, only the normal scales and those few Epic ones.

Using DB 2017-11-29

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cegaiel View Post
    Since this thread has been bloated over-time. Here is the link to find the current HCC, how to connect to current update server (so you don't have a copy of database from 2013).

http://www.istaria.info/hcc-installation
    the whole site currently leads to empty pages. Is the program still the same version which is to be downloaded from http://hcc.reclamation.dk/?tag=files or were there updates to the program as well?

I downloaded the installation from there, used the config.xml pointing to istariareference and it seems it updated at least. DB is now from 2017-11-29?
    Research Assistant Pharaxes Sphaerideion (started playing 2007-09-08, ascended 2008-06-15)
    Dragon Adventurer: 100 (2009-01-05) Dragon Crafter: 100 (prior 2008-06-04)
    Dragon Crystalshaper: 100 (2013-12-21) Dragon Lairshaper: 100 (2013-09-28)

Thread Information