Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Horizons Crafting Calculator: NEW UNOFFICIAL SERVER

Default Re: Horizons Crafting Calculator: NEW UNOFFICIAL SERVER

Yes i havent given up on this. I was stuck having to redesign the php of the backend of my program to fit a new server. it was a LOT harder than it should have been.

Online database is working but is a bit outdated. ill get with Cegiael about working on getting the online up to date with what he has done, as well as ensuring Cegiael has access to my online database to edit it directly
    Horizons Crafting Calculator Update Team Member
    Code Name: Webdragon
    SysAdmin, Head Developer

Feel for you Valareos, I have the same problem with what I rescued of the old crimson-dawn site. DB is intact but the whole webserver PHP side is a complete mess. Don't physically have the time to sit their and redo all the PHP.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Nice work and thank you Cegaiel for the updates.

I do have a question: Is it enough to download only the most recent update or am i supposed to download and apply each and every one of them after reinstalling and applying the last update from timeless guild online update server?

And some observations too:
    - unless i did something wrong, i cant seem to be able to find the repaired biped jewelry and weapons and the repaired dragon armors.
    - the t6 dragon tool seems to be missing
    Northwind * Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper * 100/100/100
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    I do have a question: Is it enough to download only the most recent update or am i supposed to download and apply each and every one of them after reinstalling and applying the last update from timeless guild online update server?

And some observations too:
    - unless i did something wrong, i cant seem to be able to find the repaired biped jewelry and weapons and the repaired dragon armors.
    - the t6 dragon tool seems to be missing
    Yes, you only need to grab the very last .zip file. The most recent will always include all previous things done.

The only reason I keep copies of all the previous patches is for history/archive purposes (if ever a need to compare what happened before and after a certain patch). Or if I perhaps screwed something up, then can go back and find the earlier version to retrieve the info.

You are certainly correct, there is no repair forms (Armor, Jewelry, Weapons nor the newly added Dragon repair). I guess no one has ever thought about those. I certainly didn't notice they weren't in there until you mentioned it; but then again never looked either. Looks like something to add to the 'to do' list.

The Dragon T6 (Adamantium) Tool Claw is missing, good eye, I'll try to gather the stats for that tonight and add it for next time.

Glad to see you around again Valereos We do need to exchange contact info. I sent you a private message and a friend request.

Also my site has been loading dirt slow past 2-3 days, or not even let you download things (download progress just hangs), to certain users (depending on which backbone they might use to connect to the server in Phoenix AZ). I'm trying to get this resolved with the hosting company. If nothing improves by the end of the month, I will move the site to another provider, so please be patient. In the meantime, if this is happening to you, you can also try to download off my personal pc (test server) at http://istariareference.com/mirror/. Since its the built in IIS web server for Windows (Personal Web Server), it only allows one connection at a time. So if you see an error, try again later (when the current user is done). But at least when you can connect, you will be able to download at ~1Mbps, through cable modem connection. But do try http://istariareference.com/mirror/ FIRST as it can handle multiple connections and high bandwidth.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; August 5th, 2017 at 11:11 PM.
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Timeless server now has the latest patch on it thanks to Cegaiel. Now that the online database works, i can compare them and make the changes to get online matching cegiaels changes. (of course if Cegaiel will ever send me an email i can get his help in this :P Ceg... the online database i have allows for a web based editing of the database, with an export function i made to export files into the format HCC uses (what you think i spent all my time scouring raw coding? :P) such a tool will mean when you make updates, it can be live with the click of a button. Now that the php is fixed (I hope) we can start using the tool again.

Also, we can set up the config to use you as a mirror as long as both sides have same config file, allowing it if mine goes down they get it from yours without switching configs
    SysAdmin, Head Developer

yea.. cegiael, i think it would be easier for me to create a new parse script to upload your files and overwrite the online database. should be easier to parse than when i did it the first time, at least now i KNOW each file is set up exactly the same (oh i hope it still is :/)
    SysAdmin, Head Developer

Great, we have everything synch'd up. Disregard previous posts and manual update instructions. You can just update to the latest patch by simply clicking the Live Update button in HCC. At the time of this post, you should see Version: HCC_2012-12-29 when you click Check for Update button (Click Live Update button first). If you're seeing a 2009 file, then you didn't update your config.xml file (see below).

There will be no more manual patches by me either, instead they will be processed (along with the community) and pushed through the Timeless Guild/Istaria.info update server via Istaria.info Online Database page.

Make sure you have the correct config.xml file (this file contains the website address to the new update server).

You can download HCC and get the updated config.xml file at http://www.istaria.info/hcc-installation.

I know this thread has become very long and hard to follow, especially if new. But heres a recap of what this thread is about:

What is HCC? HCC stands for Horizons Crafting Calculator. Its a windows program written by Reclamation Team. This is the link to original program and screenshots. This program shows formulas, the requirements to use/craft, resources needed, tech avail, comps required, etc. Its a crafting assistant program. Whether you want to craft an item and see what is needed, or if you want to see what the final products' stats are, you should be able to see them all in the program.

However, the last update to the program AND database (database is the list of formulas, required resources, avail techs, stats, etc) was done in 2009. We dont have access to the program source code (the executable, program) but we can update the contents (database) by updating the .xml files. This is now done by the community. This thread is basically following the community effort of keep this program up to date.

If you are new, just visit http://www.istaria.info/hcc-installation. Here you can download HCC and get the instructions and updated file (config.xml) to start using the new update server. Once you have the new config.xml file, then you can start getting the latest updates (accurate/current info).

This program is very handy if you haven't tried it yet. Two Thumbs up!
    Last edited by Cegaiel; January 16th, 2013 at 07:12 AM.

Please Ceg, rechech the HCC. after the last update t3, t4 and t5 techs show the same (t3) value.
    Also the capes doesn't allow for stat techs which they should (focus and strength i think)
    Northpole * Spoiled biped * 100 BTLM, 100 CLRC, 100 RVR, 100 RNGR, 100 MAGE, 100 WIZ, 100 SORC, 100 CONJ, 100 SPRT, 100 DRU, 100 HLR, 100 GRDN, 100 MON, 60 WAR, 44 BRSK/SPRM, 40 CHSW * 100 BLK, 100 OUT, 100 JWL, 100 ARM, 100 WPN, 100 FLE, 100 FIT, 100 MSN, 100 SCH, 87 SPL, 85 GTH, 85 MIN

Ahh, darn. I see whats going on with the Capes now. It seems it can not be fixed 100% perfect, but we can put it back the way it was, at least.

The patch before last, I had noticed the Capes was allowing the Armor Socket tech to be applied, in HCC, but that can not be done in the game.

Normally, armor pieces has one bodyslot item-keyword, ie <item-keyword>bodyslot_head</item-keyword> or <item-keyword>bodyslot_back</item-keyword> or <item-keyword>bodyslot_chest</item-keyword> etc.

The bodyslot 'item-keyword' tag tells the program what techs to load (Usable techs) on the right window pane (Technique Database window). This list is not editable in one of the .xml file, its embedded in the program/exe source code.

After looking at older archived updates, I now see that Capes, had two bodyslot keywords assigned (only exception that I know of):
    <item-keyword>bodyslot_head</item-keyword>
    <item-keyword>bodyslot_back</item-keyword>

I assumed that was a mistake and after removing the bodyslot_head keyword, the Armor socketing no longer appeared and I thought all was well.

Upon furthur investigating, I now realize that was on purpose and probably a workaround for a bug in the executable (which can not be fixed)

So yes, the Stat techs Focus and Strength are missing. But I also see that ALL the Crafting (not boons, just crafting) Techs are missing too.

It seems the bodyslot_back tag is bugged (in the executable, not the database) and it will not show any Crafting techs nor the Focus & Strength Statistic techs for the back slot, like it should.

It seems there was a workaround for that, not perfect (because it causes the Armor Socket tech to appear), but it worked at least.

Adding a 2nd keyword of 'bodyslot_head' fills in the missing techs (Crafting and Focus/Strength Statistic) - coincidentally head armor techs fill in the missing gaps almost perfectly. But there is a side effect of adding the bodyslot_head, it also adds Armor Socketing usable techs in the list.

So for now note that the current DB Version: 2013-03-18 does not show any Crafting techs or the Focus & Strength Statistic techs for Capes (Armor - Cloth and Padded). Next patch it will show the missing techs (by re-adding the bodyslot_head tag), but this will also cause the Armor Socketing tech to reappear.

So let it be forever known that Capes (after next patch) will always incorrectly show Armor Socketing. This will be a known bug that can not be fixed without the program/executable source code.

Thanks for pointing out the T4-T5 Statistic techs do all show the T3 stats. Was probably a bad copy/paste job (someone forgot to update the pasted version, is my assumption) from back in the old days. Fairly sure that wasn't me We'll get those updated next patch too. Its just a description field, the incorrect numbers doesn't affect the program, but definitely needs updated.

Also there is one other small bug that will be fixed on next patch too. Defense Armor and Ethereal Armor techs... In the game you can apply both of these techs at same time. In HCC, you can not currently, but can after next patch:

Update <tech-effectkeyword>statmod_armor_up</tech-effectkeyword> to <tech-effectkeyword>statmod_ethereal_armor_up</tech-effectkeyword>

Unfortunately, everything that needs fixed on this posting, can not be done through Vals' website (online database edit pages) as of now. So I need to get with him to manually update the database. He's in school and has a family, so I dont catch him very often in IM (few times a month). So it might be a while for the next patch. I wont manually push any more updates until these issues are fixed by Val.

Thank you for looking into it and thank you for maintaining the HCC, it is really helpful.

Edit: regarding armor and eth armor... Pff, you are right! - now i have to redo at least 4 pieces of armor for healer. Since I was relying heavily on hcc I took it as granted that you can't have both of them on the same piece of armor
    Last edited by Northwind; April 9th, 2013 at 07:23 AM.

Regarding Defense: Armor and Defense: Ethereal Armor, you can't apply both. After you apply one of them, the other one dissapears from the list of available techs.
    The HCC works properly with this one
    You sure you didn't test on a T1/T2 item (1 tech max)? Its letting me add both (in-game), tested on Cobalt Chainmail Helm. I dont have skill or Jman or higher Cape forms, is that what you were refering to?

yep, i edited my previous post...
    grr... t5 armor/eth armor components are not easy to come by.

grr... t5 armor/eth armor components are not easy to come by.
    Haha, I hate all tiers for those comps, very difficult indeed.

Ok, I managed to tackle Val when he wasn't looking, Oof... By the way he says Hello!

A mini update (Push 'Live Update' button) is now available. It fixes the bugs:

• Defense: Armor and Defense: Ethereal Armor techs can now be added at same time.
    • All T3 - T5 Statistic Stats now show the correct bonuses.
    • Cloth and Padded Capes now shows Crafting and Statistic (Focus and Strength) in tech list again.
      -- Don't forget the Capes will also let you add Armor Socketing (which you can not in game) again, known unfixable bug!

I got some more stuff I can now add via webpage now, but another day though, but wanted to go ahead and push this update at least. Enjoy.

And I thank you, Val, for your time tonight

Edit: Oops, just noticed the Ethereal Armor III-V techs incorrectly show +Armor instead of + Ethereal Armor (T1-T2 is fine)... Note thats just a visual (description) thing, it doesn't affect the program to work correctly; thats already in queue for next patch.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; April 16th, 2013 at 04:42 AM.

In regards to the latest patch (Sprint Content 2013) and the new formulae and techs added...

I got a hold of the stats for Expert Formula: Improved Mystic Blaze (thanks to Maiara_order) and for the Crafting: Scholar's Boon crafting techs (thanks Talfor).

I've been asking daily/frequently in chat, so trying forums now for the missing ones. If you have Spell: Life Range I-IV techs can you please post the components required for those tiers, so I can add them to database? Will be used for both HCC and Techs page on next update.

Thanks in advanced!

There is now a new patch, db version 2013-06-25 via the Live Update button.

Added to Tech window (the two new techs added from last game patch):
    Spell: Life Range
    Craft - Boons: Scholar's Boon

(I manipulated the .zip file to add these two techs; still waiting on Valereos to add these in database, permanently).

I had noticed almost all the food items had different dp reduction times. No method to the madness. Most were all wrong. After verifying all the food forms, I realized they all fell into one simple pattern. All foods under Food categories will now show the correct dp reduction times.

FYI, this is the pattern (times) for all food forms, for your reference:

Deserts: T1 40:00, T2 1:00:00, T3 1:20:00, T4 1:40:00, T5 2:00:00, T6 2:20:00
    Appetizers: T1 1:00:00, T2 1:30:00, T3 2:00:00, T4 2:30:00, T5 3:00:00, T6 3:30:00
    Sides: T1 1:00:00, T2 1:30:00, T3 2:00:00, T4: 2:30:00, T5 3:00:00, T6 3:30:00
    Main Dishes: T1 1:20:00, T2 2:00:00, T3 2:40:00, T4 3:20:00, T5 4:00:00, T6 4:40:00

Note, the times are all the same for each category: Basic, Advanced, Rare forms.
    Note, Appetizers and Sides are the same times, too.

Strikes me as odd they are the same. I would think Basic, Advanced and Rare forms might slighty vary in times, but they do not...

Also, previously Basic and Advanced forms were merged into one category (ie Basic Desserts and Rare Desserts were the only categories for each food type) and both Basic and Advanced forms shared one category. There are now 3 categories for each food type: Advanced, Basic, Rare, just as they exist in the game.

Just a heads up - HCC lists the required components for the technique Spell: Fortify V as:

4 Shining Essence Orbs
    2 Gloomwolf Fangs
    2 Grey Necrofly Wings.

What it should list, is:

4 Shining Essence Orbs
    2 Gloomwolf Fangs
    2 Nah'guk Gatherer Ears

I'm sure it's a minor matter to work the correction into the next update. Thanks for all you do, with HCC.

Thanks! Also, I missed 2 minor things as well.
    Since it will be quite a while for next patch, I rezipped the 2013-06-25 update to include these changes:

Improved Mystic Blaze can now use Spell: Life Range tech
    Cure Poison (Life Spell) no longer can use Spell: Life Range tech; (Group Cure Poison can, though! Odd, eh?)
    Tech - Spell: Fortify V now uses Nah'guk Gatherer's Ears instead of Grey Necrofly Wings.

Note: DB version has not changed; it will still show DB: 2013-06-25, after you download/re-download the patch.
    Might as well have this all the way up to date, until next time

Click the 'Live Update' button then 'Check for Update' button.
    Click either 'Download' or 'Re-download' button to download/re-download lastest patch, with the above 3 new changes.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; June 26th, 2013 at 06:51 AM.

This is probably not the place for this question...if not, feel free to yell at me.... When I call up the formula for the Flying Cargo Disk, it's using a "Dragon Scalecraft" value, but, in the Profiles, all I can add is Scalecraft....so, the value is too low, and I'm not able to generate an accurate recipe....?
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy, and extra-tasty dipped in ketchup.

Thread Information