Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Horizons Crafting Calculator: NEW UNOFFICIAL SERVER

Default Re: Horizons Crafting Calculator: NEW UNOFFICIAL SERVER

Thanks Valareos for the recent updates to the HCC Database page, the recent changes are now proper

Thanks as well for maintaining the site for the community. We appreciate it!

A new update to HCC is now available. As always update via the HCC program (Live Update button).
    Death points are temporary, Glory is forever!
    Need game info? Try Istaria Reference or Istaria Lexica Wiki

Could it be that something's broken? Just reinstalled HCC, downloaded the new config file, but Live Update says it can't access the update server..

Just checked HCC and the server is up, re-download and try again. You did get it from http://www.istaria.info/hcc-installation ?
    Dacurly Dac : Phoenix Fellowship Guild : Chaos Server
    http://phoenixfellowship.clanz.co/

Yup, I did. I just reinstalled, but I still get the same message. For some reason it looks like it can't find the xml, since it doesn't give me the curret version or client either in the live update window. In the main window it says I'm on DB: 2009-03-18

Open with notepad, the Config.xml in the install folder (likely C:\Program Files (x86)\HCC2

It should read:

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
    <config>
    	<config-desc>Update information</config-desc>
    	<servers>
    		<server nick="HCC Update Server">http://www.istaria.info/updater</server>
    	<!--	<server nick="Offical Update Server (hcc.reclamation.dk)">http://hcc.reclamation.dk/updater</server> -->
    	</servers>
    	<update_check>http://www.istaria.info/update_check/</update_check>
    </config>
    If you don't see anything with www.istaria.info inside then you'll need to grab the file again

Yup, I have all that in the file . Also, when I open HCC it gives a notification that an update is available, it's just that the live update won't connect. I have checked my firewall btw, it's allowed

Even though we spoke in game and did some diagnostics, I'll go ahead and post this for anyone else that might be having an issue in the future. It's buried in this thread somewhere, too.

But all HCC updates are mirrored and available at http://istariareference.com/mirror .
    The last one is HCC_2015-03-09.zip . You don't need the .xml file, that just contains patch notes of what was updated, if interested.

There is a folder called Temp inside the HCC program folder (likely C:\Program Files (x86)\HCC2\Temp . If you put the .zip in that folder and start HCC, it will see that as an update and process it immediately. So you can manually update HCC as well as using the Live Update button. The Live Update button basically does the same thing, it downloads to that temp folder. It only looks for the .zip in the temp folder when you first start the program (not while its running). Only using the Live Update button, will it process while the program is already running.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; March 25th, 2015 at 12:26 AM.

Dunno if this is the proper place for this...if not, feel free to beat me about the head and shoulders

Would it be possible to change the "Increase Quantity" button to either a "fill-in" box or have a drop-down menu with major quantities?

For example, to break things up into manageable chunks, I'm doing 50 Tier II Flawed Maelstones at a time; it would be lovely if I could simply enter "50" into the "Quantity" and get a list of needed ingredients, rather than having to hit that button 49 more times.

You can on the orders page. Pick in the top section what item so its highlighted, then just highlight the 1 down at the bottom and type what you want. You can't do it on the reports page or the formula page.

Yes, but, what I'm looking for is what's shown on the reports page: the list of everything needed to create those 50 Flawed Maelstones, and, I don't see that the orders page does that. In this case, it's not too difficult to figure out: 750 pale essence orbs, 750 Silver Lodestones...and, figuring out what's needed for those items, again, isn't too bad....50 is a nice even number. But, if I needed 126 of something, for example...it'd just be easier to put that number into the Quantity for the Reports, and see exactly how much of each item was needed.

Dunno if it's possible, but, would be lovely

Click the Add Item button once on Formulas page. Click the Order button. You'll now see 1x Flawed Maelstone at top. On the bottom left corner of the Orders page you'll a "1" with a up/down arrow. You don't actually have to click the arrows. Click inside the box and type "50" in there. You'll immediately see 50x Flawed Maelstone now. Click the Reports button. If the values aren't correctly showing on the Reports page, click the Generate button to update it.

If you change your mind and now want to see 60 instead, go back to Order window, replace 50 with 60 (in the box bottom left corner). Now click Generate button on Reports page, it'll now show 60.
    Last edited by Cegaiel; March 26th, 2015 at 12:34 AM.

oh, wow, I didn't know about *that*! I've never used the "order" window....thanks, Dacurly and Cegaiel!!

Think of Order as an Order at a restaurant. It will forget your Order when you exit HCC, but you can Save it by clicking File, Save Order As. Then File, Open Order. This would be idea for maybe a full teched out suit of armor that might take you a couple of days to gather the items. As you gather them, check them off or update quantities, then just Resave it.

Gonna have to play with this, to see what it does and get used to it...I've used the Calculator for almost 2 years now and never saw any use for the Order window....always nice to learn something new!

Don't feel bad, took me about 2 years to notice that feature, too. Dacurly actually pointed that out to me, one day we were talking about it in the game haha. I assumed the name "Order" had something to do with Sorting.

It's buried down further in this thread, but the original idea of Orders was a player can submit an order and a player could fetch the order. You can also share orders with other HCC users, too. Or they can post and show whats required, based on their current skills.

http://istariareference.com/orders/

You could also download one of those .xml files and use the File, Open Order (and open that .xml) and see it too. Anyone can play around with that, its not really used, but there. If you're logged in, you can delete your own orders at anytime.

The other idea where this can come in handy, a new player ask for someone to make them a set of armor, teched. Instead of painfully typing out in chat what all they need, simply give them a link to that page and they can see for themselves
    Last edited by Cegaiel; March 27th, 2015 at 12:04 AM.

Okay, I don't feel bad about not knowing, now....lol...

I *really* like that last suggestion...dunno how many times I've made a set of scales for someone, and had them get the ings...a MUCH simpler method of letting them know what's needed!

I've finally had time this weekend to catch up on my todo list:

1) Add new Epic forms (from Vargas) and update any existing ones.
    2) Add Master Repair formulas (Priceless gear, etc) . This one will be painful to add since there is so many, I've procrastinated this for that reason.

1) is complete!

Todays update DB: 2015-05-17:

Added 'Epic - Resource' category for the 4 Epic resource components.
    Updated any existing epic weapons, armor, shields with correct stats/resources
    Added any missing epic weapons
    Added any missing Epic Potions (The Queens Blood)
    Added any missing Tech Kits (Mental Bane)

I've also added the new technique 'Tool: Inventor's Assistant'. I've done this by adding Tier VI under the Craft: Tinkering.

The Epic category is up to date, finally. I've left the 'Regal Weaponry' (under Epic - Weapons) and the entire category of 'Epic - Jewelry' which is old/obsolete things, that some older vet players may still be able to use. With the exception of those two, everything in Epic category is 100% up to date!

Also note, I've moved Niesa's Draught from from Potions to 'Epic - Potions'. Added Niesa's Rub to this same category. Removed duplicate of Anti-Lycanthropy Salve and Lycanthropy Salve from 'Epic Potions'. It still remains in the normal 'Potions' category.

As usual, open your HCC program, click Live Update, Check for Update, Download button to update.

Update don't want to work Cegaiel, I check the site and its seems ok.

Works fine for me. You can HCC_2015-05-17.zip from here, put it in the temp folder, in the HCC folder. It'll update it automatically when you start the program.

Thanks Cegaiel, I got the Auto update to work, had to download the config.xml again. No Idea why it didn't work before, the file looks the same.

Thread Information