Thread: defragging/games files

Default defragging/games files

i was windering , i'v been defraging my pc every week or every other day . and the only fragmant files i'v seen are istaria one ? i dont know why... iv played with loading screen off one week then with them on "gettig stuck in loading screen a few time -_- " and it was about the same... fragmanted files ? i dont know if this is right or not >_> and getting booted from teh game left and right XP is never fun .. but i dont know if this is rihgt or not if any one knows let me know what i shold do plz . i know drfragging is not a bad thing its just its been only istaria files ?
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Default Re: defragging/games files

Well fragmenting happens when files are being written over space marked for overwriting (when a file is deleted). So the changing of the world cache can cause fragmenting, the creating and clearing of log files can cause fragmenting, etc. etc. You're probably seeing Istaria come up a lot because I'm guessing you use the program a lot.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

hmm i realy do that . nly whne i relly have truble trying to log in or mass lag .. >_> dont know what the log files are XD >_> its just a littel odd that i run the progam to defragg and the game and pc runs grat than a few days latter i got to do it agin <_< Thow ..... heh i some times do mass wiht the files like hacling in to ancent XD ummm just little stuff XD but i dont know if thats whats umm massing up the files >_> i can run a defragg and past in what the files on the game are massed up >_>
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Fragmented files aren't "messed up." Fragmenting refers only to the way that files are spread across your hard disk(s). While programs can slow down if their files are too spread out across your drives (that is, they're highly fragmented), the fact that you defragment your drives so much means that that probably isn't your problem anyway.

I can't remember the last time I defragmented my computer, and Istaria isn't giving me any problems.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

If your drive is approaching full (less than about 25% free), the performance impact from fragmentation will become more noticeable, and new files will be fragmented from the start. This effect gets worse as your drive gets closer to becoming full.

Other factors such as an older, slow drive; accessing the drive using PIO mode instead of DMA; certain types of DRM and malware; and an antivirus can also make disk access slower.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

hehe i have a lot of space laft on my harddrive i uesed 42.6 gb out of 102gb and its a 145 gb dont have a lot of games on it atm .

Thread Information