Thread: Discussion: Stone Walkways

Default Discussion: Stone Walkways

Greetings Istarians!

One common request is to make it so the stone walkways appear above the stone flooring tiles. With the newer tiles going upwards of 40x40, this means that you could potentially never use the walkways as they'd be buried. I decided to rectify this situation by raising them just enough for visibility over these tiles. There is an issue however that I would like to bring to attention and discussion. It would seem that the current model had some issues that had to be corrected on the side, and as such I did that as well.

To try to sum it up in a nutshell: In using models that were a bit broken to begin with, then fixing all the issues, the new models will make everyone's stone walkways appear in a different location than they were with the broken model. It will misalign and scatter the walkways and you will have to likely end up deconstructing and rebuilding them to make things appear visually correct again.

Before releasing these new models, we just wanted to open a short discussion on the forums to be sure that no one thought of issues we couldn't predict.

Default Re: Discussion: Stone Walkways

No useful input-- dragon! with a lair!-- but I'm always intrigued to hear of things getting tweaked or fixed. I hope the people this affects weigh in promptly! :D

I do have a plot and would prefer everything to look right; I'll work with the changes.

Thanks for your work.

If it means fixing what is broken, I'd be happy to re-do my walkway tiles. They are not difficult to re build. Could you possibly give us a screenshot of what this misaligned walkway might look like?

This issue has become even more important for discussion as I've found another set of items that may end up causing the same misalignment if I work on them. As for a picture, I most certainly can. Goes to show you should party with knut after you've planned and not before:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sounds like a good idea.

A screenshot of the walkway on top of a tile so we can view the new appearance would be helpful. But it sounds fine to me. They are easy to rebuild. Perhaps change those structures to return 100% of the novians for a period of time?

Just so people know as the discussion goes on, we can't set the walkways to return full novians for a time. Deconstructing would still only give 80% novians.

As I was planning to decon all my plot surfaces (the old red and blue tiles) and replace them when this patch goes live, I have no problem with deconning and replacing the walkways too.

Thaalia of Order

I have no problems myself with deconing and rebuilding walkways to help fix this problem.

And I think you for fixing it. :)
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

I would welcome it if the walkways would be fixed, cause really they should be above the tiles like wanted. :) And deconning them and rebuilding them is just a minor "annoyance" so to say, they are quick rebuild since they don't take that much time to rebuild if we get 80% novians back.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

The existing Stone Walkways fall beneath (and are hidden by) adding and constructing the new Stone Flooring Decorative Square, in my case the Flooring pieces are 30x30. After deconning the hidden Stone Walkways, laying a new Stone Walkway on the Stone Flooring Decorative Square resulted in the Stone Walkway falling underneath the Stone Flooring Decorative Square piece.

I trust that this is is not as intended, considering the information given in this thread.

Knossos

Thread Information