Thread: lving blacksmith help :(

Default lving blacksmith help :(

greetings XD i was hoping some one can help me in trying to lv this crafting school Blacksmith . i'v been all over trying to find out on how to lv this atm i am only lv 11 -_- yes i know its low but i did sandstone and one full load didnt give me much :P i did bronz same not much in xp i ues t6 all the way to t1 crafting stuff and still not much xp :P am i grinding on the right stuff to lv this ? i dont have crafting gear atm only lv 11 :P but is this right path in grinding in the crafting shcools ? >_> atm i am lv 46 healer as well and lv 11 blk :P i know thay make tool weps and the raws stuff .but whats the bast way to grind them up ? i did look on the "i know i'm going to chew up the spelling XP " cremson dawn.... websit. it show what i get per lv but i didnt know whats the bast to grind on ? if any one knows plz let me know XD
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Default Re: lving blacksmith help :(

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenia View Post
    greetings XD i was hoping some one can help me in trying to lv this crafting school Blacksmith . i'v been all over trying to find out on how to lv this atm i am only lv 11 -_- yes i know its low but i did sandstone and one full load didnt give me much :P i did bronz same not much in xp i ues t6 all the way to t1 crafting stuff and still not much xp :P am i grinding on the right stuff to lv this ? i dont have crafting gear atm only lv 11 :P but is this right path in grinding in the crafting shcools ? >_> atm i am lv 46 healer as well and lv 11 blk :P i know thay make tool weps and the raws stuff .but whats the bast way to grind them up ? i did look on the "i know i'm going to chew up the spelling XP " cremson dawn.... websit. it show what i get per lv but i didnt know whats the bast to grind on ? if any one knows plz let me know XD
    I reccomend doing metals, turning them into tools and auto-deconning, but blacksmith is a pain to level alone, so you might wanna bring miner allong aswell

Talking Re: lving blacksmith help :(

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenia View Post
    i ues t6 all the way to t1 crafting stuff and still not much xp
    I don't understand what you mean by this? Do you also have another high level craft school that allows you to make higher things?
    The exp you get is governed by your skill level, not your craft level.
    So if you have another high lvl craft, you won't get exp for the low level stuff.

The best way to level blacksmith is to make and decon tools. Some people suggest using metals, since you'll get more exp making the metal bars compared to stone bricks. I prefer to make stone tools since you only need 1 resource, so it's generally quicker to fill your cargo disk with slabs, make bricks, then make the tool.

At the start its always slow going as you generally cannot wear decent gear. Also, your skills will be low and you'll be a far way from optimal on anything.

Generally speaking, to lvl craft, you want to make (and decon) the highest level item you can that you are OPTIMAL at. It doens't matter so much that you'll likely not be optimal at the bars/bricks, but its very important that you're optimal at making the tool. The Glassblowing Rods are the best I belive. They give the best exp per brick ratio compared to all other tools... or at least all stone tools. Also, try to stick with tools that require an even amount of bricks, else, when you decon them you'll effective loose a brick (since deconning returns half the resources used, and half of 7 bricks, will give only 3 bricks).

Gosh I hope that makes some sense... Good luck!
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Quote Originally Posted by hallucin8 View Post
    I don't understand what you mean by this? Do you also have another high level craft school that allows you to make higher things?
    The exp you get is governed by your skill level, not your craft level.
    So if you have another high lvl craft, you won't get exp for the low level stuff.

The best way to level blacksmith is to make and decon tools. Some people suggest using metals, since you'll get more exp making the metal bars compared to stone bricks. I prefer to make stone tools since you only need 1 resource, so it's generally quicker to fill your cargo disk with slabs, make bricks, then make the tool.

At the start its always slow going as you generally cannot wear decent gear. Also, your skills will be low and you'll be a far way from optimal on anything.

Generally speaking, to lvl craft, you want to make (and decon) the highest level item you can that you are OPTIMAL at. It doens't matter so much that you'll likely not be optimal at the bars/bricks, but its very important that you're optimal at making the tool. The Glassblowing Rods are the best I belive. They give the best exp per brick ratio compared to all other tools... or at least all stone tools. Also, try to stick with tools that require an even amount of bricks, else, when you decon them you'll effective loose a brick (since deconning returns half the resources used, and half of 7 bricks, will give only 3 bricks).

Gosh I hope that makes some sense... Good luck!
    no no like the t6 smalter .. or a t1 smalter .. the 1t - t6 crafting umm mesens needs to make the items... >_> hard to spell it XD .. and ty for the info i'll try thats out XD >_> soooo much more differnt in lving and crafting then dragons XD but still fun as well XD
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

The way I happen to be leveling blacksmith is a bit different. Since I've mastere'd mason, carpenter, and fitter, I'm using their skills for blacksmith making the processed resources for whatever I'm building. Right now, I'm helping with a plot that's needing tier 4 resources, so I'm swapped to blacksmith and can easily make the boards, bricks, and bars efficiently and get experience where if I was in the actual construction classes, I'd be getting no useful experience at all.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

well really depending on your craft skills you will only get exp making what ever resource your closest to opt but also depending on the blacksmiths level it may or may not limit you to just making bars, some wooden tools from carp and fewer wooden based tools would be probly the most effective way to level blacksmith quickly

Question: would it be better then to try to keep a group of crafting levels all around the same level range then? (also keeping in mind to keep mining/gathering below the top production ones)

Oh, and somewhere in here thanks for reminding me about that decon xp thing... I did a bunch of items yesterday and was selling them, pittance for cash, lost chance at more xp cycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Threndor View Post
    Question: would it be better then to try to keep a group of crafting levels all around the same level range then? (also keeping in mind to keep mining/gathering below the top production ones)

Oh, and somewhere in here thanks for reminding me about that decon xp thing... I did a bunch of items yesterday and was selling them, pittance for cash, lost chance at more xp cycles.
    all depends on the schools you are leveling, if you are doing miner/gatherer allong with other ones it's best to keep miner/gatherer allong the same lines as the others (cause they get high salvaging skill (as does tinkerer), which messes up your decon xp when doing lower stuff)

BUT, it isn't a bad thing if you level up a school to 100, and then do a level 1 school with T5 materials, the xp can be great.

so, rating really isn't as important with crafting as it is with adventure, but you gotta keep that salvaging skill in check.

(you can also use salvaging awls to manually lower your skill, with 250 (bronze, don't know if there is a training version) being the lowest, however, you'll have to take another step while deconning: create the items (make sure auto-decon is NOT checked), equip the awl, and decon the stuff)

Thread Information