Thread: Michelle Obama Over the LINE !!!

Angry Michelle Obama Over the LINE !!!

.... ok i work as a dish washer at a school .g's pre k to 5 grad. i love it seeing the smiles on the faces . seeing the little ones poking here head over the counter in my window to drop off the tray's .little hands trying to put the tray on the counter(heh some not even tall enuf to see over the counter Per-k ) i love it XD this is the best jobe i'v every had .. me and my coworkrs get along we talk we bring cake or cookies in for other b-day's and give cards XD even the Mian compy i work for does a party thing /Training .
    in this jobe i'm not just a name tag... i am Me !

But i hear that Mis . michele Obama.. what to take away the chocalats milke .any frid foor from tots to chicken nuges... and wait she all so whant to to where the kide cant bring there food nor the mom or dad cant not bring them food .....!!! now relly what the he@@ is she thinking .. this it bull Snap .. half of what i whant to say . heh i wont put on the froms .. but .. this is over the line on the health crape relly .. what next there going to come to our homes and see if we'r over whait and if we are going to make us pay a fee or take our food away .. this is .....*mumbles* .. BULL!
    now i can see it all the smiles gone ..

she is over the line on what she thinks she can do ..
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Default Re: Michelle Obama Over the LINE !!!

She wants the kids to live healthier. Oh OH shame on her?
    YOu can only wash dishes on which was unhealthy greasy food?
    Kids only smile when they eat unhealthy food?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Kids only smile when they eat unhealthy food?
    I can certainly tell you that when I was a kid, I certainly would pout if you placed a salad in front of me. And if you'd made me drink normal milk over chocolate, I might have just not drank the milk at all, which would have been a step backwards, I think.

Healthy food is fine is when it's actually good , but the majority of healthy food isn't or is too expensive to be a constant thing. The fact that unhealthy food tastes good is sort of what makes people choose the unhealthy food over the healthy food to begin with. The majority of kids don't care how healthy their food is; they care that it tastes good. So, I think Hellenia has a fairly valid concern here, especially since schools don't really have a lot of money to use to make healthy food that actually tastes good.

I do have to say though, that if it's true that they are trying to stop parents from providing food to their own children at school, that that is definitely over the line. Trying to make school-provided food healthy is fine and admirable so long as it doesn't make the food taste terrible, but taking parents' say in an aspect of their child's upbringing will never be an okay thing to me.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Often enough the intention is good- the result is bad *sigh*

But what is healthy food?

We have a serious epidemic (EHEC) here- people are dieing-
    caused from tomatoes, salad and cucumbers.
    Government is warning not to eat those things.

And which food is dangerous tomorrow?
    Noone can tell.

There is no healthy food anymore for average citizens.
    We have to trust those who sell us that stuff.
    I do not trust anybody anymore
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I have to agree that serving any kind of fast-food is bad, but before you can decide to replace the fast-food like chicken nuggets and fries you need to come with an alternative… Both from a financial and health aspect.
    I try not to listen too much to Politicians and their families… To put it simple… They talk a lot, but say nothing.

Foods like from MacDonald’s, Burger King, Kentucky Fried Chicken most is just bad, way too much fat… The idea is good, but a combination of sauce, method of preparation for instance frying stuff is fun, but how often is the oil changed and is the temperature correct all that sort of things… All these points make it bad for your health But then again a regular salad does not have to be THE best thing… I always become sad when I zap past some diet program on TV were a fast-food junky is forced to eat only salt-free salads and drink water instead of soda or lemonades… Not light lemonades or sugar free, no just plain water.

A person needs fat (both animal and plant oils), a person needs salt (only problem is that 1 bag of chips would put you over the limit), a person needs calories to get through the day…
    It is the same in building a house… You need stone, wood, metal… Not just Wood or only metal.

I do agree with what is said that children only like to eat what tastes good.
    All children are like that me included, only my parents made me sit at the table for as long as it took me to eat it even way after it was cold (or when they had no patience straight to bed without food).
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

The Obama administration has made one bad mistake after another in their term in office.

First they shoved this Obamacare down our throats (you know, that bill we wouldn't know how good it was until it was made into law), despite the American people overwhelmingly disapproving of it, and sank us even more in debt (10 Trillion more USD in debt over the next 10 years, and that's IF all the fines are paid) using the very same party politics they claim to hate, then they take credit for ending a war without giving credit where credit was due to the troop surge that made it possible. Even now, they ignore the will of the states. 27 states are suing the federal government over Obamacare.

Now they're doing this. I ate this so called 'unhealthy food' my entire life, and I'm in better shape than Obama and his wife! It's not the food that's the problem, it's the fact that children don't get enough exercise. They don't play outside as much as they used to because of video games and parents who don't force their children to play outside. Instead of saying this, risking a drop in poll numbers by telling the truth, they just want to put more government oversight into place and weaken the family unit, which is actually one of the stated goals of the American Communist Party ( http://www.rense.com/general32/americ.htm look at 40 and 41, tho many other goals have been reached.)

This family needs to be voted out of office in 2012 before America is ruined forever.

The "ban on lunches from home" is not only on the table, it is in effect in some places. And it's an extremely stupid idea taking the power of the parents to make decisions for their children away from them in the name of "we know what is good for them better than you do!"

It's a reality in Chicago today.

It's one thing to say certain foods are banned because they are blatantly "unhealthy", like sodas, candy, and such, and while I disagree, the argument can be made to disallow high allergen things like peanuts - but it is another thing completely to say "your kids must eat this or they eat nothing at all". Doesn't matter who is behind it, such a thing should never be allowed to go into effect anywhere in a taxpayer-funded system.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Shakle View Post
    This family needs to be voted out of office in 2012 before America is ruined forever.
    Someone says this about every administration. :P

The "ban on lunches from home" is not only on the table, it is in effect in some places.
    Yeah, I was reading about that. :/ How many of the kids just don't eat at all because they don't like the school food, and that it's fairly possible that money is a motivator as well, not just (or even possibly instead of) the well-being of the kids. It's really sad. I can honestly say that if I had a child going to such a school, I'd more than likely pull them out of it.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

The Obama administration has made one bad mistake after another in their term in office.

*snip*
    And you know what I hate? People who register to game forums solely for the purpose of making pointless political statements. Stuff like this makes me that much less inclined to vote for the party they represent. For any party.

As for the topic - I'm honestly surprised at just how much people rely on fast food type food. Especially under the pretense that it's cheaper. The only thing it has going for it is that it's faster. I can make a foot long, half pound pastrami and cheese sandwich with fresh ingredients for $5 and 10 minutes of my time. It tastes far better than any fast food I've ever had and is certainly much healthier.

Also: Sigi, that post could have been more polite.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    Also: Sigi, that post could have been more polite.
    Sorry?
    I'm asking questions. Where am I unpolite?
    As far as I know I'm not swearing or calling names, or some other things I would consider not polite, I'm not saying crap or bull (like the OP) so where am I going wrong?

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    And you know what I hate? People who register to game forums solely for the purpose of making pointless political statements. Stuff like this makes me that much less inclined to vote for the party they represent. For any party.
    And I hate griefers. The fact that this is my first posting on the forms when I just returned to the game does not mean that my only forum posts will be here.

I've done my research. This act is a breach of the trust these parents put in the school system. They, being the school board or the school itself, should have put it to a vote before simply putting it into effect. A lawsuit will reverse these rules, and place into being the requirement that changes to ANY school's rules regarding lunch, whether it is school made or home made, be put into effect by vote from the PTA at least, voters in the school district at most.

@sigi In the tone of your response.

@sigi In the tone of your response.
    I that case I probably better not respond anymore on posts I don't agree with. I perhaps was a bit sarcastic, which in my book is something totally different from not being polite. But then again I'm not an American.

Hurray! Mor
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    I that case I probably better not respond anymore on posts I don't agree with. I perhaps was a bit sarcastic, which in my book is something totally different from not being polite. But then again I'm not an American.
    You crossed the line when you didn't back up your 'sarcasm' with an actual response. So your reply went from sarcastic quip backed up by your view to just a sarcastic quip, which is rude when used alone. Not being an American is no excuse for being rude.

Sorry, folks, but political rants quickly turn in to exactly what this thread has become... personal attacks against one another.

Closing the thread.

Thread Information