Thread: Love/Hate Birds

Default Love/Hate Birds

I love birds, after all I have a cockatiel as a pet and at one time owned four of them at the same time. I'm finding myself also happy to see the birds back from the winter outside.

I'm also hating the birds back from the winter at the same time. At some point between 3 and 5 in the morning they start going with the twittering and it doesn't cease until the evening. After all, they ARE birds. I can't blame them for being... well.. bird-ish. But after so much time of putting up with getting woken up or kept up the minute the birds outside go "OH! Dawn in a few hours! Better get busy!" I'm finding myself perhaps a little.. 'off' due to decreased sleep.

Casually talking to a friend of mine, he stated pretty plainly that if any robins land in his backyard, they're dinner.

At this point, while I absolutely adore birds, I'm thinking robin for dinner is looking pretty good seeing there is no remote mute button for the twittering jerk. That one who gets up before the crack of dawn at 3am or some point after...

Default Re: Love/Hate Birds

*Quietly come in and offers Rune some ear plugs*
    Know what you mean, those work for me. }:=)

I feel your pain. There's a bird that sits at the end of a breezeway (right next to my door) in my apartment complex and starts calling at about 4:30am daily. Given the timestamp of this post, you can guess what time I go to sleep.

Earplugs.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

We have a few birds about the place, but they don't bother me.

What DOES bother me is our freaking cat.

We always put him outside because he frequently has "accidents" inside the house for some reason or another (he's getting older) but he always wants to eat 24/7 and if you put him outside at night, he'll want in at anywhere between 5 and 7 AM, and my window just happens to be right next to the porch door and he'll sit out there and he'll start meowing to come in and he won't freaking shut up, he'll do it for hours.

Maybe I should find a dude who lives in the Phillipines and ask him what cat tastes like.....

you might try finding one of those plastic owls and putting him somewhere near your window. I know alot of places around where I live use them to keep birds off their buildings. For the kitty...maybe a plastic dog? XD

haha, I can't say much for birds, I either wake up before they start (yeah, I dont sleep too well lately) or I'm sleeping like a brick and nothing can disturb me

one of my cats however, might have some slight issues, we always have 2 small windows open (one is rather high compared to the other) so the cats can go in/outside whenever they want, one cat (a REALLY cranky one) has no problem with that, but the other, he ALWAYS goes for the higher window, and then starts meowing like crazy cause he apparently is afraid of heights, and when he does come down he starts running around like crazy.

Aww lol Runey those are more than likely mockingbirds that sing at 3-5am. Here there are tons that do that, I used to go outside and throw a rock up into the tree to scare him off.

But yeah, those I'm betting are mockingbirds, robins, don't do that as much and personally i'd never hurt a Robin. They're just too pretty.

Now onto cockatiels... I have two, a white-faced male named Mackinaw, and a grey-pearl female named Cutie. Mackinaw is a little sh** sometimes as I KNOW his chirps and noises and whatnot, and I KNOW when he's chirping just single-y to me trying to summon me from where i'm laying on my bed across the room. He does it non-stop until i get fed up lol. He's a little frickin brat sometimes, but he's my baby boy :3.
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

"What? Why would ANYONE be unhappy about songbird singing?! It's the only thing covering up that infernal highway construction noise, and the idiots on said highway who are too good for mufflers in their cars, and that truck-backing-up beeping that WON'T STOP, and..."

Well, that's probably it then.

Yea, mocking birds. If they didn't decide that 3am was the time to rise and shine, they are fun to listen to.

But yea we have had that on occasion, outside out bedroom window is a tree. Couple years backs we had a mocking bird that sang every night/morning. Hubby finally couldn't take it anymore and went out and threw rocks up at the tree. Scared it off and so far we've not heard one again.

But yea, city noises can meld into white noise. But a bird constantly changing it's sig right outside your window, is like that truck beeping. For hours...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

At 1am this morning I heard an owl.

I live in a big city and as humans tend to believe that if we can concrete over it then we own it, to me, any kind of wildlife living here is a wonderful thing.

I love that the many wild birds and animals that live in this city alongside us prove us wrong in this respect.

I love birds, afterall my fursona is a duck!
    well I`d rather hear little birds tweeting then dinosaurs rawring XD
    only thing I don`t like about songbirds is their toilet manners. wash my car, and pppft! they poop on my shiney clean car XD

I love the song of birds- no matter when they sing.

Blackbirds were vanishing from our area for years now

Last hard winter my neighbours and me fed them everyday with special food.
    And they stayed and survived.
    Now- if they sing early in the morning it makes me smile,
    and when I hear their songs when sun goes down- I hold in for a moment
    and do listen.

I hope their younglings will survive the squirrels..
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

oh don't get me wrong - I love birds too.

But there's something about knowing you have to get up to go to work in a few hours, and you can't get any sleep, because that pretty songbird just HAS TO SING AT THREE AM!!

I don't want them killed or destroyed, just..find a tree a little bit further away from my bedroom window at 3 am.

Because we put out seeds and bird food as well - and we have geese in our neighbors pond with thier little babies.

I love birds - but..sometimes you gotta have sleep too .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information