Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
1. Assuming the abilities for Neo-Monk/FlameDisciple were completed through level 100, would you like to see these schools replace the current Monk/Disciple schools?
I haven't tried the Neo schools, but I would like to see a greater level of differentiation between schools. I think your description of these Neo schools fulfills this need, and is something I'd like to try in-game.

2. Would you prefer that some abilities (such as the Supers for Neo-Monk) be obtained only through questing?
Yes. I think each school should have some extra-powerful abilities that require additional effort than just gaining levels.

3. Would you like to see all of the Disciple schools revamped in the same manner as NeoMonk/FlameDisciple?
I've found a number of biped schools very difficult to get started in, especially for someone who is used to how dragon combat works. I'm all for a reimagining and rebalance of the schools.

4. Currently, Neo-Druid is setup to use mana. Would you like to see this implemented?
I can see this working well for a few schools that rely on bursts of damage in combat, assuming that the spell and ability cooldowns are reduced to make it meaningful. Since druids rely on the power of nature, it makes sense that their power draws off of nature's mana, which replenishes over time.

5. If you are in favor of question #4, would you also like to see other schools revamped to use mana? Such as BattleMage, Wizard, etc?
This depends on how well you can keep the other schools distinct from druids, and how well you can develop these new mechanics to allow for greater synergies between multiple schools. If implementing mana means the magic schools have to be all bursty and play the same, then I'd say no. But if you can give each magic school a unique area of strength (which can be combined with other schools' unique strengths), then absolutely go for it. I can think of a few specializations for magic schools:

Mage: Flame spells cause area damage and burn damage over time.
Druid: Drawing mana from nature, fast mana regeneration and expensive spells (or just a smaller mana pool?) cause heavy, bursty damage to single enemies. Retaliation damage to attackers.
Spiritist: Steals health and mana from enemies.
Battle Mage: Melee hits replenish mana for spells and magic abilities, and spells give time for stamina to replenish for melee abilities.
Blood Mage: Uses own health instead of mana for spells.
Conjurer: Ice spells slow and freeze with area effect.
Shaman: Weakens enemies physically before poisoning them with blight damage over time.
Sorcerer: Weakens enemies mentally before frying their brains with mind damage.
Wizard: Energy spells cause chain damage that arcs between enemies and stuns them.

Multiclassing is one of Istaria's strong points, so take full advantage. Maybe the Spiritist school could be mainly about stealing away life and mana from enemies, which could help fuel the Druid school's spells? And if you run out of mana, you still have the Warrior's swords or the Monk's fists.

6. The idea behind the NeoSpiritist concept is that Spiritists draw their magic from their enemies or themselves in order to cast spells/use-abilities. Would you be interested in seeing more details on this?
Yes, but I'd also like to know how it differs from the blood mage.