Thread: I didn't ask for your opinions

Default I didn't ask for your opinions

I posted an ad in some classifieds looking for a feeder mouse breeder in my area. Before I managed to have one person mail me back about actually having mice, I received mails about being a sod for feeding adorable mice to a pet snake, how snakes were disgusting, and one guy decided to tell me I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to take care of a reptile because I was looking for someone selling mice.

What the heck people? I didn't ask for your opinions. I asked for feeders. Simple.

Default Re: I didn't ask for your opinions

i hate that as well! my wife posted a add to sell our Nikon d40 camera a few weeks ago. its just to big and bulky and has to many setting for her, all she does is take snap shops of the kids.

she gets 10 emails from some guy telling her shes a idiot, and that the camera is the easiest thing in the world to use.

wtf, she just wants to sell the **** thing, didnt ask for any one to comment about her use of the camera.

I learned a looong time ago that the best thing to do is just ignore those people. Like anyone, I'm not perfect, so on the right day, in the right mood, on the right issue, I still might get irritated, but if I look back on it later, I realize it was just silly to let it affect me in the place.

What you do and how you live is your choice. It doesn't have to make anyone else happy except yourself, and least of all random strangers. Their words might as well have been left unspoken for how much they actually affect you. The only way they have any effect is if you allow them to.

Just delete the emails and think no more of it.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

i more laugh at the emails, the fact that some random stranger thinks i give 2 hoots about a unasked for opinion is just too funny to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDragoon View Post
    I posted an ad in some classifieds looking for a feeder mouse breeder in my area. Before I managed to have one person mail me back about actually having mice, I received mails about being a sod for feeding adorable mice to a pet snake, how snakes were disgusting, and one guy decided to tell me I'm an idiot who doesn't know how to take care of a reptile because I was looking for someone selling mice.
    Sorry to hear you've encountered trouble - I know it can be a real pain in the tail to find a breeder who's willing to sell mice/rats to someone who intends to breed 'em as food for reptiles. If you were in my area I'd have offered.

*is nosey... what sort of snakes?*
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post
    *is nosey... what sort of snakes?*
    Caramel Morph Corn Snake

Don't you just love people who have to stick their noses into things that don't concern them whatsoever?

Personally, I want to grab a really big freaking pair of pliers and twist that stupid nose right off and then shove it down their throat.

People need to learn how to keep their nose out of things that don't concern them in the least. Everybody is so judgmental anymore, they can't keep their opinions to themselves, and it is getting worse, especially on the internet where you can remain anonymous. At least, IRL, if you mouth off to the wrong person there's always the danger said person will feed you, your teeth.

On the internet, however, there's no danger of that when you can post behind made-up names and create a new account within 5 minutes should you build up too bad of a rep at any given forum.

Anonymity has really shown us what kind of scum exists within the human race, and just how bad of a scumbag people can be.

Nifty - I've just hatched out a clutch, half of which are Caramel corns

What do you need mice for? its a corn snake.. dont they eat corn? shame on you for trying to make a carnivore out of what nature intended to be a vegetarian!

you meanie you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dangit NotAChance View Post
    What do you need mice for? its a corn snake.. dont they eat corn? shame on you for trying to make a carnivore out of what nature intended to be a vegetarian!

you meanie you!
    No. All snakes are predators. They do not eat veggies.

Edit: Congrats on the clutch hatching. I've been thinking of getting into breeding as soon as I have solid employment and a bigger home... breed ball pythons
    Last edited by RuneDragoon; June 27th, 2011 at 08:25 PM.

Congrats on the clutch hatching. I've been thinking of getting into breeding as soon as I have solid employment and a bigger home... breed ball pythons
    Thanks - fifteen babies, the clutch is very caramel-heavy and I'm hoping that some of those caramels turn out as nice as their mum (who is known het hypo, but looks like an Amber). Five of them have had their first feed last night

Ball pythons are good fun - we've got one good egg in the incubator now, hoping we get a clutch from our big female Alice and maybe, just maybe, a clutch from our albino girl Sorbet.....

As the world gets more populated, stupid people seems to be more prevalent. so far, I've been lucky and only had one person tell me that my keeping of snakes is a disgusting hobby and I'm a cruel person for feeding them mice.

Uhm. wait what?! Here's a manual about nature and what snakes eat in the wild.. rodents. Have a nice day! What I really wanted to say was totally different but I figured her stupidity was shining brightly that day, there'd be no convincing her otherwise. Just laugh at the ignorance of people, sometimes its very amusing.

ps: I have 13 ball pythons, and two corn snakes. One successful BP clutch so far. gotta start somewhere.
    Chaos - Kinrath - Ancient, Crafter, Lairshaper,
    Ashlind - hatchling, Corinnia - training biped
    Sparkled Sunbeam - hatchling

wow. \o/

Theres a python I want to buy from a reputable canadian breeder because while it looks pretty normal, its het for piebald and albino. Have you seen piebald morphs? They're prettyyyyy ... and expensive. But this is technically derailing the thread so, how about I just make a thread for us snake people?

A few days ago Chaos Dragon Chat was full of snake talk... I thought I joined the wrong channel

On the other hand... all the 'snake people' seemed to be also dragon players... hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahael View Post
    A few days ago Chaos Dragon Chat was full of snake talk... I thought I joined the wrong channel
    Sorry, that's probably my fault - reptiles really are my obsession

Aren't Dragons actually Snakes with legs?
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Dragons are.. Dragons.. xD What they're related to is completely dependant on lore has been established for them in whatever story they're part of.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Not in most of the myths/legends/books I am familiar with. You could argue that Eastern Dragons are Serpents, but no, not really.

The dragon mythos I prefer doesnt even label them as reptiles really. *shrugs*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Nah, we have eyelids, a single U-shaped lower jaw and actual legs.

Thread Information