Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please silence pratt

Default Please silence pratt

Please put duct tape on his mouth.

please zip his mouth shut.

please stuff a sock in his mouth.

please make him a mute.

please dress him up like a mine and act out his text.

please just shut him up.

im not trying to be cute, he is very annoying always interrupting are chats in New T

Default Re: Please silence pratt

Maybe make it possible to place him on "Ignore"?

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    Maybe make it possible to place him on "Ignore"?

Knossos
    You can already ignore him, and Milicent. You just can't ignore Geoff for some reason.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Thanks Akrion - I had not tested.

Knossos

First of I agree that Pratt's chatter can be quite annoying, but on the other hand do I like the whole non-stationairy NPC thing. Perhaps letting him do his walk every 30 in stead of 10 minutes (example just to show the increased time between walks)
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    First of I agree that Pratt's chatter can be quite annoying, but on the other hand do I like the whole non-stationairy NPC thing. Perhaps letting him do his walk every 30 in stead of 10 minutes (example just to show the increased time between walks)
    Agree just extend his walk time to a longer period and let others just put him on ignore.
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Agree - his spam is annoying. I cant really see it as something that adds anything to the game beside that you now get spam in game..
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

i'd rather see bunch of different npc interactions over the course of an hour. it's not so unusual for someone new to be in town over 10 min, especially if they meet with anyone and start talking. it would be nice if they could hear a variety of things going on over time.

maybe milicent & geoff could talk about swapping goods for sale, or the guy who sells refurbished stuff could call out that he has great deals for anyone with limited means, or the dragon selling spells can blow smoke at a low flying bird. there have got to be a variety of things that can happen in town besides just pratt prattling over and over, no?

The problem what many people have with Pratt is that when he starts walking it is impossible to start a normal conversation untill his is finished and is on its return trip back to the shrine.

The idea of more active towns is good, seen that in different MMO's already and it gives a bigger feeling of being part of something, but not sure if that would be the best of ideas with the current chatsystem unless you are allowed to "ignore" the constant chatter.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

He has been silenced.

http://img192.imageshack.us/i/thefal...glindoroc.png/

Sadly, it's only temporary. =P
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Oooh. What got him? *laughs*
    My Dragons:

Fajra Rynn: Ancient female, Helian | Azurae Lani: Adult female, Helian | Ignaz Talan: Hatchling male, Lunus

I dunno, I've been able to roleplay around Pratt's message spams, so I havn't had much of an issue with him. Besides, like I already said, you can ignore both him and Milicent so the only person that says anything in main is Geoff.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

I agree! Or, at least, make it an Istaria-wide occurrence with NPC's. I also like the idea of extending the time between his chats. :P

agreed! his chatter can be quite interruptive during conversations at times.

He is utterly annoying especially when nt has become a hub for dragons and bipeds to chatter. As far as I know this is the only npc that moves and chats, every other major city does not have an npc like this.

Hush him up. give him a nice optional story you can click on when you greet him, add the other npcs to have a story that works with pratt. then everyones happah.

I'd be happier with more NPCs that were sitting down, or performing some other idle-animation, instead of everyone just standing still. I don't need 'em to walk and talk - but really, some of those dragons have been standing in the same place for seven years. Surely their poor feet are killing!
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

When no one is about, how do you know they are standing still.......
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Kesqui View Post
    I'd be happier with more NPCs that were sitting down, or performing some other idle-animation, instead of everyone just standing still. I don't need 'em to walk and talk - but really, some of those dragons have been standing in the same place for seven years. Surely their poor feet are killing!
    I think they died long ago. Conversation with them,if any, is through prerecorded tape.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    I think they died long ago. Conversation with them,if any, is through prerecorded tape.
    Yep, that's just rigor mortis keeping them standing in one spot.
    Glindor Occulus - Ancient Dragon - 100/80/25 - (Chaos)
    FaffyMuncher - Half-Giant - 86 ELAR 30 RNGR 20 KNOC 30 OUT 25 BLK 15 MAS - (Chaos)

Cave draconis.

Ohhhh! Maybe they're like one of those see'n'say toys. You pull an arm and they say : "The npc says, go kill 40 grass beetles."

Thread Information