Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: A few good warriors! - Preparation and Planning

Default Wanted: A few good warriors! - Preparation and Planning

Thank you to everyone who applied so far!

We're in the process of making the necessary server-side preparations for the testing.

We'll still need to coordinate a time for the first scheduled testing session. Proposed times will follow.

Meanwhile, I'd like to offer the testing plan documentation for review and suggestions. If there's a particular mob you'd like to try to test with, or some particular corner case dealing with mob aggro or weapon range that you'd like to see tested that isn't in the document, please mention it here. (Suggestions are welcome from everyone, not just those who applied.)

Genesis Combat Testing r253 rev. 01

Also, it's not too late to apply!
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Default Re: Wanted: A few good warriors! - Preparation and Planning

Depending on how things go, there might be an opportunity for two sessions this week. To those who have applied, please indicate which (if any) of the following sessions you can attend.

Session 1: Jun 22 08:00-11:00 GMT-7 (3h)
    Session 2: Jun 23 20:30-01:30 GMT-7 (5h)
    Session 3: Jun 24 08:00-11:00 GMT-7 (3h)
    Session 4: Jun 25 14:00-18:00 GMT-7 (4h)

Hopefully one or two of these four choices will work out for most people.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

I prefer session 2 but any of them will work.

Hey steel you know my fighting prowess I have applied the day the announcement was made and no word yet was I picked or no ?

Typically epi fights in mass mob battles or hard core one on one battles he will be more than happy to break the backs of what ever mob or mobs you see fit or combat system what ever comes first .Pm me and ill send you directly my application via pms

Umarry
    that fire golem on fire island
    the named Yewen Trent
    Mehdon
    blighted hounds (ps throws are always fun to fight }:>)
    Last edited by lightning claw; June 21st, 2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: added mobs that i will not likely to ever one shot
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Aww poop. that`s 10:00 am my time I work 3`rd shift D:
    looks like I`ll miss the Wednesday session

I should be able to make it for the 2`nd, and 3`rd sessions though ^^

Looks like two can attend session 2, one for session 3. So far, it looks like session 2 is the one that's going to happen. I'll check back and make an official call in about 8 hours.

Meanwhile, please go over the testing document. We'll be going through these motions once everyone gets their characters transferred and can log in. (Admittedly, that might be all that gets done. )

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    I have applied the day the announcement was made and no word yet was I picked or no ?
    Whoops. I sent the mail to your IM address. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Steelclaw; June 21st, 2011 at 07:56 PM.

if I'm still around I guess I'd be able to make it the first and third session

Its all good.
    That hot mail address is for windows live messenger so u can get direct contact with me (Its probable loaded down with spam at the moment lol )

also skype would be a great resource tool for this project due we can describe in real time what is occurring

Also I would like to recommend Fraps Free or payed is the players choice so amon and you can see what should be tweaked, based from what the players see.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

and you got my regular email and cell phone number feel free to call it for an impromptu session and I will be there with in 30 min
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

There's nothing worse than watching a 20 minute video ( or 4) with nothing but players playing. I think they just want the data numbers lightningclaw.

Welp, I've got responses for sessions 1, 2 and 3, with the most for session 2 (two responses). Let's go with session 2. See ya then!

I'll post back with some initial meeting coordinates later.

The action will take place using in-game chat, but before logging in, or if there are problems getting in, the #horizons irc channel on Stratics.com is a good place to meet up. You can use your own client, or one of the ones below.

Stratics Java IRC client
    (The Java applet isn't signed with a trusted signature. You'll have to approve running it. A second window asking about allowing potentially unsafe actions may pop up too. Read this one carefully -- you answer 'No' to proceed. 'Yes' will prevent the applet from loading.)

Bristugo CGI-IRC
    (Bristugo account required; connects through the Bristugo web server. Provided the page loads, it should work regardless of any firewalls or proxies.)

Steal your capcha thing is borked ( Not displaying code ) so i am unable to register for bristugo . com Please fix or hard create an account for me thanks !!!

I am also not able to register for the same reason.

Hah! Thanks!

I was wondering why the spammers stopped creating accounts. Turns out reCaptcha changed their system and disabled the old keys. Should be fixed now.

Went to log into game but. what server are we testing on, Blight I imagine?

See my post above about meeting on IRC first

Okay! Time for round two! (Focusing on weapons and hotkeys this time.)

Please indicate your availability for the following sessions. Note: these are possible sessions, not actual sessions. (Thus only one or two may happen, not all of them.)

Possible session slots:
    Session 5: June 30 19:00 GMT-7 (3 hours)
    Session 6: July 1 19:00 GMT-7 (3 hours)
    Session 7: July 1 07:00 GMT-7 (2.5 hours)
    Session 8: June 29 20:00 GMT-7 (2.5 hours)

Possible session slots:
    Session 5: June 30 19:00 GMT-7 (3 hours) possible
    Session 6: July 1 19:00 GMT-7 (3 hours)Possible
    Session 7: July 1 07:00 GMT-7 (2.5 hours)to early but will attend
    Session 8: June 29 20:00 GMT-7 (2.5 hours) going to see transformers dark moon tonight so that's impossible

Only one response on session 8 so far. I'm ruling this one out. It was kind of a long shot anyway.

Session 5 or 6 seem ok for me

Thread Information