Thread: Genesis Testing: Session 1 report

Default Genesis Testing: Session 1 report

As promised, a public report of the session:

Note: any mention of content not available on Blight, Chaos or Order has been removed (if originally present).

Start: Jun 23 20:30 GMT-7
    End: Jun 24 00:00 GMT-7
    Attendees: (forum names)
    Darkwing_Duck, LightingClaw, Loc, RuneDragoon, Shian, Steelclaw

First, a big thank you to everyone who took time to come and test! We'll have to do this again, it was a great experience.

Testing went well, but not according to plan. I quickly found out that giving out the test cases in the PDF and letting everyone go to work was not feasible in the environment we had. Instead, we went through tests in section 1 (mob aggro) and applied a less stringent methodology to verify the behavior in each test. The overall feel of combat was reported to be good from the attendees -- and that's the main thing we wanted to establish.

Mobs and locations:
    - Undead on Alged
    - Blight Hounds, Death Dealers, the occasional Thornwood Treant, and wandering mobs near Harro

Findings:
    Hunting on Alged revealed a lot of stuck or grayed out hotkeys. Further testing suggests that there are two cases that may give arise to a stuck hotkey that have not been addressed yet: Executing an attack on a mob just as it dies may wedge the hotkey. A hotkey may also become wedged if clicked while affected by Blighted Atrophy. There were no confirmed reports of wedged hotkeys when hunting Blight Hounds, wich suggests that the stuck hotkeys reported here may be caused by an attack or augmentation, rather than a general server bug.

Aggro in and outsize of a mob's home region appears to work as expected. Running away from a mob to break aggro works too. Both mundane and epic mobs can not be dragged too far from their home regions. We tried with a few Blight Hounds and then Fafnir. We didn't make it very far out of Harro before he took off and disappeared after a long, convoluted chase.

Everybody but me seemed to crash repeatedly while testing with Blight Hounds near the staging grounds. Hopefully we'll figure out why.

Stuff to do:
    We didn't get to the weapon testing part. That will have to happen during the next session.

Post possible times for the next session... when I recover from this one.

Try hunting Murk Crabs in Dralnok's Doom. I was told they run back in to the water once they get pulled to the edge.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Default Re: Genesis Testing: Session 1 report

I feel like I've been drinking jagerbombs after this one - very awake and tired at the same time. :P

Even thew I am fully agent Players not able to hold there own mini rads ( Sorry had to make that known and ill explane that logic if I need to.) Testing was a great experience few things you forgot to report steel

For some strange bizarre reason the combo ability of Heros resolve + Primal cast +bofb will cause one of the following dragon ability's to gray out.

Ether Heroes resolve or Primal cast or both and Refreshing breeze.

Combat area seemed a bit high or it was just me lagging .
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    For some strange bizarre reason the combo ability of Heros resolve + Primal cast +bofb will cause one of the following dragon ability's to gray out.
    I can not reproduce this. Please provide a step-by-step description. ("Step 1: use X, Step 2: use Y...)

I did, however, confirm that Blighted Atrophy will cause your hotkeys to freeze while the extra recycle time added by the augmentation counts down. For example, if you click a hotkey with an ability that has a 60-second recycle and you have the Blighted Atrophy X augmentation, your hotkey will stay stuck for 30 seconds before starting to count down from 60. This may be what you were seeing.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

target mob - Heroes resolve activate - Primal cast activate in quick succession and bofb with in milliseconds it will cause them to lock up this only happens on the island no where else as of yet

Epis buffs i cant remember them all at the moment but standerd dragons buff

Had the bared tail scale and valcor talon on and a triple vengeance scale for special equipment

Also any word on new testing time ... Monday im being kidnapped all day by my best friend no word on what he has planed but he is "Kidnapping" me
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

I still can't replicate this, even following your instructions.

Then it just might be my own combat bug that reyme fixed multiple times Don't worry about it steel. that's an over the top combination to begin with

I was on Order the other night, and thought this info may become helpfull. next time we do a session, consider doing it on Peak of Storms.

Eliel seems to arrgo all the way to the NPC you greet to get the time ripple. he followed me past there, then I flew above range and he ran back down. I havn`t tested to see if he`d follow me further, but we could deffinately test this. and the other thing. the mobs of pale hatchlings, and ghostly dragons.
    I`ve noticed repeating abiliity freezes (greying out till the target is dead) and several CTD`s. and not just on my end but everyone in the general arrgo area.
    possible client crash?

Could we test this some time on Genesis?

Peak of Storms is probably as good a place as any to test the weapons. We should also check out the Murk Crab pools.

As for the apparent stuck hotkeys caused by Blighted Atrophy, that's actually a long-standing client behavior that we'll address later. If Blighted Atrophy adds 10 seconds to your hotkey's recycle timer, the hotkey will freeze for 10 seconds before starting to count down. I've verified that the server is sending the proper information -- just the client doesn't know how to interpret it correctly.

Please see the planning thread for a second round of testing.

Thread Information