Thread: Storm Disciple Player Guide

Default Storm Disciple Player Guide

Hi folks,

I have started work on a player's guide for Storm Disciples on the Wiki. It's partly an experiment in using the Wiki to host player guides and how best to format it for other guides (one for each school hopefully!) but I would appreciate anyone's input, particularly if you are a Buzzy Claw veteran! My stormie is only lvl 48 at the moment...

I am focusing on the most *efficient* method of levelling, primarily from the point of view as a solo player. There is some guidance on levelling in a group, but the main content is for stormies playing solo. A lot of the advice I hope will be relevant for other schools as well, but we'll see how it goes.

I know there are a 1,000 ways to level ("just buy trophies" and "take a Dragon!" and "no no, punch left *then* right") depending on play style and timeframes, but I'm trying to consolidate practical experience with an efficient xp/minute way of doing things.

Have fun out there!
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Default Re: Storm Disciple Player Guide

Thank you~

It is true that storms can be destructive, but if you meet the fury of more than one monster, you are decreasing your odds of living. I usually find one defining factor in my combat though:

Did shocking blast hit? This is my 'I Win' button. It allows me to subdue a monster I'm fighting singly, or to keep a single friend of that monster from ripping me up for a time. When it fades off, throw thunder at it. Keep the stuns rolling and you'll come out without being touched. If nothing hits, you'll come out dead when fighting two monsters.

Two monsters are doable, but three is not.

Also look at leveling druid and cleric perhaps before taking STMD. It does help out to get the extra nature skill, and life/augmentation. You could level healer, but cleric gives you strength which is excellent. To take monk you'll need warrior 10, and to take druid you need cleric 10.

Level fitter for strength at 10/level. Its not too bad through bronze and iron if you have cargo gear and player machines near the ore. On order, I went to nuthala for bronze and beat up golems, then acul for iron. When I hit steel, it started getting unfun to level and lengthy for time spent gathering. Cobalt, where I am now, I'm working out of my own lair in dralk off my t6 smelter and many silos.

Default Re: Storm Disciple Player Guide

Thanks Rune, that's good advice with the other schools - I'll add that in
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Thread Information