So, my little bright-green hatchie is about a month old now, and I thought I'd share a few observations and thoughts; as I've mentioned in a few other posts, I am a brand-new player to Istaria...I'm not returning from an absence, or, someone who's been here for a while, and just decided to start a new character...I'm brand, spankin' new, and had no clue about Istaria, how it's played, what kind of folks are here, etc.

The game can be overwhelming to us noobies...the learning curve is steep, but, the initial training and early experiences on New Trismus are simply brilliant. One thing leads logically to the next, and, if you're paying attention, there's also a *lot* of back-story being supplied. I can't speak for the biped version, but, for dragons, all of the early quests are doable, understandable and fun...and, they all seem to be pointing you in the right direction.

There is, however, a bit of a false sense of security that's built in. Quite suddenly, the critters get a *lot* tougher. While there is a bit of suggestion to "work together" with other Gifted, there's really not enough of that; nor is there enough, especially given how easy the early quests are, said about the need for working on your skills *before * you attempt some of the later New Trismus quests. You go, easily, from grulets to beetles to spiders but the step up to re-animated warriors and skeletons, etc., is a serious step.

The same has to be said about moving on to the 10-20 adventure quests (and, the 20-30)...I looked at all of them, and decided I needed to be at least at level 15 before giving any a serious attempt. Now, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but, having a few more slightly easier adventure quests would have been nice...gives us something we *can* handle and keeps our little hatchie spirits up.

On the other hand, the other folks in-game are fantastic. I can only speak for Order, but, I've never failed to get an answer, either in the New Player channel, or, the Dragon channel. And, I've asked a LOT of questions! I've also gotten a huge amount of direct assistance from higher-level players; I've had quite a few happily take time to physically lead me to a place I was having trouble finding; I've had just as many act as a body-guard when I've had to travel through hazardous areas; and, I've had two humongous ancients simply *give* me an amazing amount of booty for my hoard.

I've had the pleasure of making friends with other hatchies, and, the honor of watching one of those (so far) ascend to adulthood...I've gotten to know (a bit, at least) a few higher-level dragons, and, even a couple of bipeds.

So...one month in....I'm having a blast....met some really cool people...and, have the chance to play this bouncing little bundle of exuberance who is Tullamore....and, I'm looking forward to the next month, and many months to come.

Thanks to everyone (I can't possibly name all of you...so, you know how you are!) who's made this first month so much fun!