Thread: Bi-ped Towns?

Default Bi-ped Towns?

Where are some Biped towns or cities? I am new and all and I want to meet people. I am on order. Thanks for reading. :3

http://dragcave.net/view/0NA7r Please help me have a dragon!

Default Re: Bi-ped Towns?

Best way to meet people is to join chat channels. Dragon and Marketplace are two of the more populated ones for general chatting. Role-Play is for roleplay, obviously. :P

If you just want to see some biped cities, then all cities on the teleporters (preceded by "City:") that aren't Dralk or Chiconis are biped racial cities, save Tazoon, which is the in-lore capitol of Istaria.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Well with our small player base, you won't find many people around sadly. New Trismus always has people though.
    Student in Machinima.
    Ryuko Dawnbreaker: lvl 34 adult.
    Comosal Dawnbreaker: lvl 14 hatchling

There are usually people in Strata Recruiting and Universal Soldiers chat. There is also a chat channel for new players. Most people are friendly and will assist you. Please be patient though, many of us multi task and spend a lot of time away from the keyboard, spend time in combat and miss chat, or have our heads in a backpack and miss things. You can send a message to someone directly by typing /tell <that player's name>... for example:

/tell Idana Hello!

Hopefully that will help. =)

Are all the orginal homes of the bipeds clear for exploration? By which I mean, are places like Rachival now only strongholds for the Aegis, rather than freely explorable to try and talk to Gnomes. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that, it's just as a newish player I'm not really certain.

Old Rachival, the original home of the gnomes, is filled with undead and rogue automatons that don't take kindly to visitors. New Rachival, which is where portals lead, is filled with the normal type of gnome, though not necessarily less dangerous, depending on if you walk in on a gnome in the middle of an experiment. :P

All the cities available from the portal listings are safe, and you are free to explore them. The only other cities I can think of that aren't an "original" home to the race that now lives there are Mahagra, Sslanis, and, I guess, Dalimond.

Half-giants originally hail from Trandalar, but they left a long time ago, and I haven't ever really found any traces of an original city there, if there was one. Trandalar is a T3 area. It does have a deadland, but the majority of it is either safe or populated by more normal creatures.

Sslik were originally a nomadic race; Sslanis is the first permanent place they have called home. I've found at least one ruined sslik building in the world, in the Spiritous Swamp, I believe, but that's a very dangerous place to go.

Dalimond is not really a city established because of the loss of a previous one, but it's not the "original" city of the humans. As far as I can tell, humans have always been clustered in the Dalimond Peninsula, though there were some truly ancient civilizations of them in the Tazoon desert, of which ruins can be found.

The satyr and the dryad do not have their own capitol cities in the game-world. The satyrs' capitol, Bachan, lies beyond the Eastern Deadlands and firmly in the grasp of the Withered Aegis just like the rest of Eastern Aradoth. I believe that there is a small refugee camp of satyr in Feladan though. The dryad city of Palmyra was, if I remember correctly, removed from this plane of existence entirely by the dryads themselves, in order to avoid the Withered Aegis.

Ta for that summary! I've made it my business to be familliar with the history of the places, but it's good to check, especially as I hadn't yet twigged about there being a New and Old Rachival. And good to know that listed Cities are (pretty) safe to visit.

Such a shame about Bachan. Of all of them, that's the one I'd like to've seen most, followed by, eheh, Palmyra. Typical.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyeekha View Post
    Such a shame about Bachan. Of all of them, that's the one I'd like to've seen most, followed by, eheh, Palmyra. Typical.
    Yeah. :c I've always thought that both of those places would have been very impressive, Palmyra with its "city in the trees" description and Bachan with its Roman/Greek architecture and aqueducts as seen on the satyr islands.

*Footnote for New Rachival.

Careful at the house behind the main part of town, the wolves path near and will consider a lower level player a snack. My lowbie alt has been attacked by wolves at the portal also. Don't know if they got up there chasing someone who portaled out or not.

Dracaena

Thread Information