Thread: Cartoon Wars For Real! O.o

Default Cartoon Wars For Real! O.o

ok just a hunch here, but anyone here a Darkwing Duck fan? or know anything about Darkwing Duck being a parady of Batman?

If so, here`s my rant:

Just recently Boom comics released a brand new series of comics. Darkwing Duck. who is owned by Disney. I just got news Disney is forcing Boom to cancel the comic, and pull it off the shelves. WHY? They aren`t making threats for the other Disney cartoon comics e.g. Ducktails, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Tailspin ect....

Only reason I can possibly think of is this. DC comics threatened to sue Disney for copywrite infringment for making Darkwing Duck as a parady of their own character(s).
    This is not a known fact though, only my personal theory. far as I`m aware..

I think that`s a bunch of BS... who else agrees? O.o

Default Re: Cartoon Wars For Real! O.o

According to http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showt...05#post3884205, Boom Comic is ending all Disney comic lines, including Duck Tales as well as Darkwing Duck. I doubt a lawsuit was involved.

Looked fun, I missed them completely.

oh wow, thanks for the link Awdz! that sucks. well the comics had a good run hopefully Marvel will take over thought I doubt it. lol!

The long and short is Disney is CRAZY overprotective of their IP. To the point of even going after parodies, even though parodies should be protected from IP suits being derivative works or some such (not a lawyer, just my layman understanding of IP stuff). Basically, chalk it up to Disney not caring about the people, just how much money they can make.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Thread Information