Thread: I'm back from 2003!!

Default I'm back from 2003!!

Hey guys. Ive trolled for a LOOOONG time. I mean, many, many years. I was an original toon back in january of 2003.

But I'm here to tell you guys that I'm back for a little while.

I can't really remember much about my toon and I'm sure none of you guys remember him.

*Slightly gets into charactor*

Alright listen, names Finkledbody. I'm an angry dwarf that left this world back in the day due to the evil withered aegis and a dwindling supply of Allied toons that would fight back! Once upon a time I was a lieutenant in the Prestigious LHguild with over 250 members. We acquired one of the largest guild plots in this world of Istaria and set to work. After roughly a year it was starting to look like a guild town. I would at times organize others to bring order to parts of the world like the bitter pickle which seemed to be always over run with hordes of beer golems. But then the blight of it all came crashing down taking it all away. I ported out of there and haven't played...

Ok, I haven't played any mmorpg since, cause in my opinion. Theres nothing that has lived up to what this game brought to the table. The crafting and adventure system just hasen't been matched as far as Player vs. AI goes. And thats what I'm into. But what put the nail in the coffin was when they made it so the mobs stopped dropping coin.

I will be running around today with my old charator. A level 70 dwarf paladin. If the mobs don't drop coin. I will not play this game I'm not into grinding out 10's of thousands of items and selling them to the pawn broker for some low wages. I like to get out there and hunt for my coin!!!

I was also a level 60+ jeweler and many other crafting schools. So its not like I didn't spend time there. When I was crafting back in the day, I preferd to craft all available meterials then deconstruct the items, over and over again, until I was out of all meterials maximizing the levels i could get out of every trip. But I digress.

Rants over. Games done downloading. Time to see where this game as gone in 9 years of development and "patches"

Game on fellow istaria members

Edit. Just found you need to pay a $25 account restoration fee. No thanks. I was REALLY freaking excited about playing this again. I was planning on paying the $15 a month sub fee. But on top of a $25 resto fee? Again, No thanks. If I did that, I would be dropping $40 for a 9 year old game that still needs "patches" from when the game originally came out. I'm banging my head on the desk right now... Literally.
    Last edited by Finkledbody; September 8th, 2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Disgust by the on going failures of this game.

Default Re: I'm back from 2003!!

So much has changed you really would probably enjoy the game more if you started a new character anyway. Give the free-to-play account a try with a human and see if you like the game as it is now.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Maybe paying for restoring your toon would benefit you. Boars hide mask, regal pieces, etheral crystals, event items, rare forms or any items back then fetch a pretty penny or a mithril.

Alright, I bit the arrow. I'm going in deep, I've paid the coin and I'm on my way into the world of istaria. I'm a small hairy dwarf prepard to stick my sword into any of those filthy witherd aegis foe.

I will be around for one month See you there

Hello, and welcome back on Istaria, Finkledbody. I hope you'll enjoy the new content and the community. Feel free to ask others, here or in game, if you need help.

*serves Finkledbody a large tankard full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home! :-)

hi fink i know you remember my dragon in the game i hope to get back there soon

Thread Information