Thread: Server not found

Default Server not found

I have a friend thats been trying to get into the game today and it keeps telling them that the "server is not found" and they have tried logging in on differnt computers and it's only affecting istaria they can browse the web and do everything else just fine

Default Re: Server not found

Assuming your friend isn't making any typos and their hosts and network are otherwise not compromised, this could be an issue with your friend's ISP's nameservers being unable to reach the istaria.com nameservers. It's also possible that some overzealous admin type blocked access to the istaria.com nameservers from their network.

As of the time of this post, both nameservers are working as expected.

FWIW, the istaria.com nameservers are:

istaria.com nameserver = ns49.domaincontrol.com.
    istaria.com nameserver = ns50.domaincontrol.com.

Authoritative answers can be found from:
    ns49.domaincontrol.com internet address = 216.69.185.25
    ns50.domaincontrol.com internet address = 208.109.255.25
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

[5:45:06 PM] Xanthia: I need help desperately. I am unable to login game or even access the website online.

When I try to go on the website or forums I get the following message:
    Server not found
    Firefox can't find the server at www.istaria.com.

Check the address for typing errors such as
    ww.example.com instead of
    www.example.com
    If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
    connection.
    If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
    that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

If I try to log in game with the java launcher all I get is an error message basically telling me:
    Launcher could not determine if it is out of date or current. Click yes to download the latest version anyways, no to continue
    Error code: HTTP transport error:javaj.net.UnknownHost Exception:services.istaria.com;nested exception is: HTTP transport error: java.net.UknownHostException:services.istaria.com

This is ONLY happening to istaria. I can browse the web normally with no problems from any other site. I've tried using other browsers but I still cannot get the istaria.com page or anything associated with it to load. So no forums, account page, support etc.

I've also tried on another desktop and two laptops in my apartment. But non of them were able to load the website or log ingame.I don't believe a firewall is an issues because I was literally playing online and visiting the forums just yesterday- I've done nothing new since.

There's no reason this is a problem with my computer, because like i said it is happening to all my computers here. Even the one belonging to my father who doesn't even play the game cannot access the website.

I am cut off and I have no idea how to get help. Please, please read this.

---------------------

She's desperate, guys. If anyone has any ideas, please please please share!!

{{{Keziah - Lunus dragoness of Chaos, 100/100}}}
    ~Aveytra - hatchling~ ~Ryness - hatchling~ ~Nyxiah - hatchling~

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Assuming your friend isn't making any typos and their hosts and network are otherwise not compromised, this could be an issue with your friend's ISP's nameservers being unable to reach the istaria.com nameservers. It's also possible that some overzealous admin type blocked access to the istaria.com nameservers from their network.

As of the time of this post, both nameservers are working as expected.

FWIW, the istaria.com nameservers are:

istaria.com nameserver = ns49.domaincontrol.com.
    istaria.com nameserver = ns50.domaincontrol.com.

Authoritative answers can be found from:
    ns49.domaincontrol.com internet address = 216.69.185.25
    ns50.domaincontrol.com internet address = 208.109.255.25
    Hmm, she says it's a general use home computer, not connected to a network or any such thing. :/

{{{Keziah - Lunus dragoness of Chaos, 100/100}}}
    ~Aveytra - hatchling~ ~Ryness - hatchling~ ~Nyxiah - hatchling~

If a staff member is able to contact are friend via personal email it is xanthia that is having the issue logging in, are community comic artist.

update:
    she is also on phone atm on hold waiting for tech support to check with her ISP if the issue is with them

Update update:
    been told it is an ISP issue something with DSN server down in her area and they are working on it with no ETA on fix time for her
    Last edited by Blue Hasia; September 27th, 2011 at 12:16 AM.

This might be of some help: (switch to Google's DNS servers)

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.html

Also, tell her to wait longer in the IRC channel.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Hey guys! As you can tell by the fact that I am posting here - issue is resolved.

Yea so I called my provider yesterday and apparently a dns server had a heart attack, and I just happen to be one of the few lucky ones affected by it. It just so happens that it caused a few sites not to load- and Istaria just so happen to be one of them. Yeaaaaaaa!

Anyways, I just wanna update you guys and thank you all for the help and support while I was busy freaking out all of yesterday. I just got the site back about 2 hours ago but I wanted to wait till maintenance was done to make sure I could login game still (I can! ) before announcing that everything is fine now.

Oh! And next time I'll wait in IRC channel :P Honestly I thought you guys just forgot you were even logged in.

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Thread Information