Thread: Blight Update 214 Discussion

Default Blight Update 214 Discussion

Blight Update 214 Patch Notes

Oooh. So much yay (or at least, potential yay) in this one. Almost the entire Resource Changes section fills me with glee.

Now that I'm pretty settled in to my job (as a game tester, no less :P) I'll certainly try and set aside some time to test out all these neat new things!

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Default Re: Blight Update 214 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Changes
    • Abandoned Island and Winter Vale teleport gates now cost coin to use.
    • Island of Fire and Ice, Abandoned Island, and Winter Vale destination pad now costs coin to use.
    WHY WHY WHY!!! What possible reason is there for this? How does this make the game better in any way?

• Salt can no longer be found on the Isle of Wisps.
    So.... where is salt at now? I can't think of anyplace else off the top of my head.

Resource Changes
    • Novian resources no longer have a coin value and cannot be sold to a pawnbroker or consigner. However, they are no longer attuned and so they can be traded between players and stored in public (or private) plot structures.
    Cool! Trading these will be VERY handy.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Quote Originally Posted by walkerglassmire View Post
    So.... where is salt at now? I can't think of anyplace else off the top of my head.
    Pretty sure Abandoned Island has a lot of salt around the back.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Yes, salt is at the west end around the lake.

And WHY charge for using abandoned island! It's not like the gatekeeper there needs money! There's fish and veggies!! He has a lighthouse for shelter!

Why?!?!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

*Abandoned Island and Winter Vale teleport gates now cost coin to use.
    *Island of Fire and Ice, Abandoned Island, and Winter Vale destination pad now costs coin to use.
    Seconding the request for explanation-- that's going to be somewhere between an obnoxious and an excruciating change for me, ugh.

*Destination pad of Guild: Ker'tis is now spelled properly (instead of Kir'tis).
    Haaaahaha. I was just wondering about that the other day.

Resource Changes, Yew Forest
    Oho! This stuff looks good.
    • -I have to log in to Blight and tapdance on the grave of alloys like I promised I would.
      -I almost wondered why you'd remove the bonus tier up/down resource gathers, but then I remembered that they're too rare to make people leveling want them, and they're just barely common enough to annoy people trying to work, you know, the resource they're working.
      -My brain exploded from the ruby change-- I'd just started in on carpeting my map with markers to know where those dang things spawn, now they've moved! But that's probably for the best, having to fly an eighth of the danged continent to work on tricuts was not good times.
      -(I had to re-read the entire section to figure out what the Yew Forest even IS. There's nothing about the current version that's forest-y.) No opinion about the Yew Forest until I go out there and see how it actually shakes out, but I'm tentatively optimistic. Mostly because the current live version of that area is a combination of bland and obnoxious.

I'll post more when someone explains the teleport price change and/or once I've done a lap around Blight to see how this stuff handles.

YEaaa on the Alloy changes going in so quickly!! I was just wondering this week if I should continue to work on my lair (was working on exactly these types of materials when I logge out last) and wait for the changes or wether the changes would be a year or so out and just keep going as I have been. Now I know! YEAAA!!

And YEAAA not having to delete all the bonus resources because I no longer need them or don't have room to store them because they are a tier ahead of me (and that, for me, could mean 3-5-7 months away). Current tier bonus is much more instantly handy!

Meh, disagree on the portal cost. I really don't see the need for further money sinks but then I am one of those people who think the "rich" players are rare and the rest of us usually work on just enough to get by with a bit of padding..(kinda like IRL!).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information