Thread: Blight Update 214

Default Blight Update 214

Blight Update 214 will be applied to the Blight Testing Shard on Friday, September 30th and includes the following additions, changes, and fixes. Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Non-relevant posts will be moved and/or deleted.

Additions
    • The Gate of Embers has acquired a binding Shrine for players.
    • Battlemaster Orthondrin at the Observatory Outpost will now offer Dragons the opportunity to attune to the Helian's Tomb destination pad once they have completed the quest "Helian's Tomb: Eternal Rest".
    • Helian's Trust formula which can be used by Dragons to give a special item to their friends. This item, when turned into Orthondrin at the Observatory Outpost, grants the bearer attunement to both Helian's Tomb destination pads.
    • Drift Point has acquired an outgoing portal.

Bloodmage
    The goal of these changes was to attempt to address a school that hasn't had much (if any) attention since launch. Bloodmage has some very interesting game-mechanics but was severely lacking in their usefulness and effectiveness. We hope these changes will make them more useful in groups and more entertaining to play.
    • Blood Doll - Reworked dramatically to improve its usefulness to the caster.
      • The recycle rate has been lowered from 600 to 300 seconds and the pre-delay raised to 5.0.
      • Blood Doll is now received 4 levels earlier, while Blood Doll V is now received at level 100.
      • When cast the ability damages the caster by 200, 400, 600, 800, and 1000 damage by Tier.
      • Blood Dolls now last for up to 1 hour which should improve their usefulness in battle.
      • In addition, Blood Dolls when used now heal by 300, 600, 900, 1200 and 1500 by Tier.
    • Exsanguinate - Reworked to make it as useful as other high-tier abilities such as Evisceration of Life.
      • Recycle rate has been lowered to 10 minutes from 30 minutes.
      • Now does 800 to 1200 damage.
    • Group Instant Transfer
      • Ability is no longer self-targeted, but must be targeted on a friendly player.
      • Now shares a recycle timer with Instant Transfer.
      • When used the ability damages the caster by 400 and 800, while healing group members by 600 and 1200.
    • Instant Transfer
      • Has a 60 second recycle instead of 5 minutes.
      • Now shares a recycle timer with Group Instant Transfer.
      • When cast damages the caster by 150 to 750 by Tier, while healing for 300 to 1500.
    • Concentrate Blood
      • Now received at levels 26, 46, and 66.
      • Concentrate Blood IV is now received at level 86.
      • The recycle rate is now 5 minutes.
      • When cast damages the caster by 150 to 600 by Tier, while raising the Maximum Health of the caster by 300 to 1200.
    • Blood Bolt
      • Reworked the formulas to improve their usability and to be more consistent with the rest of the game.
      • Beginner Blood Bolt now contains Blood Bolts I and II.
      • Journeyman Blood Bolt now contains Blood Bolts I through IV and requires 600 spellcraft to scribe.
      • Expert Blood Bolt now contains Blood Bolts I through V. Yes, that is not a typo! Blood Bolt V is now available for players. It also requires 1000 Spellcraft to scribe.
      • Skill ranges to scribe the spells are 200, 400, 600, 800, and 1000.
      • In addition, the resource requirements have changed to match the Tier (i.e. Blood Bolt I uses Sandstone and Dim Orbs, II uses Slate and Pale Orbs, etc).
    • Boil Blood
      • Reworked to have a 90 second recycle and a 3.0 pre-delay instead of a post-delay.
      • When cast will now do 100 to 150 damage to the target.
      • Boil Blood II is now received by the Bloodmage at level 100 and does 200-300 damage to the target along with an increased DoT.
    • Constrict Blood
      • Reworked to have a 90 second recycle and a 2.5 pre-delay instead of post-delay.
      • The Constricted Blood debuff now lasts for 180 seconds.
      • Constrict Blood now uses the Spirit skill instead of Blight skill.
    • Blood Shield
      • Received at levels 25 and 50, while new abilities, Blood Shield III is received at level 75 and IV at level 100.
      • Blood Shield now recycles every 30 seconds and has a 2.5 pre-delay instead of a post-delay.
      • When cast Blood Shield now damages the caster for 250, 500, 750 and 1000.
      • Blood Shield now boosts armor and ethereal armor by 5000 instead of 1000 and absorbs 1 to 4 hits (by Tier).

Changes
    • Expanded one plot in Mithril's Anvil nearest the Yew Forest.
    • Elial and the Rift Guardians now have much more loot chances and can drop a wider range of rare items.
    • Abandoned Island and Winter Vale teleport gates now cost coin to use.
    • Island of Fire and Ice, Abandoned Island, and Winter Vale destination pad now costs coin to use.
    • Adjusted the respawn rate of minions spawned by a Greater and Lesser Blight Anchors.
    • Redrew the Elm regions around Elmnic to no longer spawn on the roads or within the non-resource trees.
    • Resized many plots in Elmnic, Darvus, Solitaire, and Mambow Point.
    • Increased the quantity of Marble Golems on Saritova Island.
    • Geoff the Pawnbroker Products:
      • Chocolate Gruok Tails now give a small Heal-over-Time upon consumption.
      • Caramelized Wolf Ears now give a small strength buff upon consumption.
      • Skewered Maggot Chews now give a small power buff upon consumption.
    • Lesser Focus and Lessen Power spells now use the Blight skill instead of the Mind skill.
    • Quest "Helian's Tomb: Eternal Rest" now gives a formula, Helian's Trust, at the end.
    • Orthondrin will now greet players who have completed the "Helian's Tomb: Eternal Rest" quest and who don't have the "Helian's Trust" formula and offer it to them.
    • Completely redrew the resource/spawn regions on Isle of Wisps. Essence Residue and Wisps now spawns in a more consistent manner starting from the Essence Circle northwest towards the curling tip of the island. Spawns of both residue and wisps now respect the road and world objects on the island (no longer spawning or walking through them).
    • Salt can no longer be found on the Isle of Wisps.
    • Evisceration of Life and Exsanguinate no longer share a timer with Critical Strike.
    • Lowered the respawn times of the Skeleton Lieutenants on Lesser Aradoth with the exception of Vekh and Khar.
    • Lowered the respawn time of Kessh, Biting Fly Feeder, Ingot, NaNuk?, Bessie, Pebbles, and Bar'Akath on Lesser Aradoth.
    • Brew Stirrer can now be used with the Alchemy skill.
    • Wei the Spearman Trainer is now known as Wei Garant and has relocated from Tazoon to Dalimond.
    • Adeshine has joined The Brotherhood and has relocated from Feladan to the Barracks in Delgarath.

Envenomed Arrow
    With this update Envenomed Arrow has undergone some significant changes. The idea behind this change was to introduce additional abilities in the line as well as to make some changes to its usefulness.
    • The ability is now a level 30 ability and additional abilities in the line can be quested for and received at levels 60 and 90.
    • It now has a 90 second recycle time improving its frequency of use.
    • In addition to a Nature DoT, Envenomed Arrow now has a chance (15, 20, and 25% respectively) to hit the target with a poison (Benign, Moderate, or Deadly).
    • Using the ability now requires 1 unit of a venom resource - Weak, Strong, or Deadly - which can be obtained by harvesting it from dead Spiders, Scorpions or Tarantulas using Intuition.

Related Changes and additions:
    • The quest "Jacinda's Envenomed Arrow" is now known as "Ranger: Envenomed Arrow" and is only offered by Rialtos in Kion.
    • Calimir in Feladan now offers the quest "Ranger: Envenomed Arrow II".
    • Jacinda the Eagle-Eyed has relocated from Feladan to the Imperial Outpost and now offers the quest "Ranger: Envenomed Arrow III".

Festival Changes
    The Summer Festival has come to an end and those NPCs providing quests and activities for it have retired for another year. In its place, however, the beginnings of the Fall Festivals are undergoing major changes.
    • Some of the NPC's from previous Fall Festivals (both from around Dalimond and Aughundell) have been moved to their new location on New Brommel. More to come from these NPC's in a future update, but content from previous years' festivals is available now via these NPC's.
    • The areas around Augundell and Dalimond that used to have seasonal content have had their decorations removed as part of the move of seasonal festivals the the "Resort" islands.
    • New Brommel has been modified to remove many of the tutorial signs, markers, etc, to make way for future world building for the Fall Festival.

Fixes
    • Corrected the water over the road just west of King's Cross.
    • Bashale the Weaver Trainer now carries the Beginner Cloth Banner Flag formula.
    • Carpenter Trainers no longer carry the Board Cleansing formulas.
    • Vincent the Carpenter Trainer now carries the Expert Blighted Wood Board formula.
    • Ayios the Weaver Trainer no longer carries the Journeyman Cloth Banner Flag formula, but does carry the Journeyman Blighted Fabric Spool and Expert Fishing Line formulas.
    • Unstable Essence of Blight can no longer be obtained from Blighted Essence.
    • Blighted Pale Essence can no longer be obtained from Blighted Dim Essence.
    • Bonus amount of Blighted Shining and Blighted Radiant Essence is now 10 instead of 1 and the chance to get the bonus is greater.
    • Fixed the Than'kuk specific treaure drops for Scouts and Chieftains.
    • Trophy quest "Go Bag 5 Redbacked Tarantula Hatchling Thorax" now expects Hatchling Thoraxes instead of regular Tarantula Thoraxes.
    • Spawn of Silk on Fabric Isle will now properly spawn Silk instead of Kenaf.
    • Fire Ogre Big Toe now has the proper icon for a toe instead of a jawbone.
    • Risen Bioscholars now get the 2-Handed Slash and Spirit skills.
    • Destination pad of Guild: Ker'tis is now spelled properly (instead of Kir'tis).
    • Kelakhan will no longer offer the "Breath of Fire" quest through his dialog, only through the quest bucket.
    • Technique "Craft: Gemworking III" now properly lists Desert Wolf Fang instead of Alpha Tail.
    • Burris and Jatell now have the "Imperial Army" label beneath their names.
    • Imperial Outpost is now labeled on the Map as a Point of Interest
    • You'll now get a road bonus when walking within the Imperial OUtpost.
    • Pile of Leaves will now allow the use of the Istarian Army Knife.
    • Hay Stack and Pile of Leaves now require 1 and 1 units at min and max skill.
    • Hay Stack and Pile of Leaves no longer give XP when applying resources.
    • Technique "Spell: Accuracy V" now requires 2 Than'kuk Scout Ears instead of Bhal'kuk Chieftain Molars.
    • Quest "Mage's Quest: Assisting the Spell Vendor" now properly refers to Wild Grulet Snouts instead of Hooves.

Resource Changes
    Major changes have been made to resources to improve their usability and reduce long-standing frustration by players. The biggest part of this change has been the reversal of the Alloy concept introduced in 2004.
    • Metal Alloys are now a thing of the past. Metal Bars from Tier 3 to Tier 6 no longer require a second metal in order to create bars. So, Cobalt simply requires Cobalt Ore, Mithril requires Mithril Ore, etc.
    • In order to faciliate this change Nickel Ore has been renamed to Dark Iron Ore. So, to produce Steel Bars you will now need Dark Iron Ore. Resource locations for Dark Iron (Nickel) remain the same.
    • Blighted Metal Bars no longer require 4-8 or 3-7 blighted ore, but instead 2-4 blighted ore like non-blighted bars.
    • Bonus resources of a higher tier (or lower) are no longer received when gathering "core" resources such as ore, stone, gems, fabric, essence and azulyte.
    • Novian resources no longer have a coin value and cannot be sold to a pawnbroker or consigner. However, they are no longer attuned and so they can be traded between players and stored in public (or private) plot structures.
    • When gathering Radiant Azulyte you can now get bonus Unfocused Radiant Azulyte.
    • Ruby no longer spawns on top of the ridge within the Thornwood, but instead to the north near the Eastern Outpost on the mountain slopes. There are nearly three times as much ruby as before since it covers a greater area, but also motherlode ruby nodes can now be found.
    • Blighted Shining Essence Residue can now be found in the Staging Grounds.
    • Increased the number of Thornwood trees that spawn north and east of Harro.
    • Split the Radiant Wisp spawns near the Steelsilk so they aren't linked with the spawns in the Thornwood and spawn in greater quantities.

Yew Forest
    The Yew Forest has undergone a massive revamp with this update. The regions of all resources and mobs around the forest have been dramatically redrawn and improved. Trees no longer spawn on the roads and the size of the resources and mobs increases the further east you proceed from Mithril's Anvil. The center of the Yew Forest is now known as the Grandfather Grove and has had its ambiance dramatically improved.
    • The Grandfather Grove is now the only place you can find Arboreon now, among the other Massive Yew.
    • Sumaac, the Forest Oastic, has its own spawn location also, though players will have to discover it for themselves.
    • Other mobs, including Feral Bloodsnouts and Dire Wolves have moved into the western edges of the forest.
    • The Forest now has a weather region as well as sound effects and in some locations appropriate music.
    • The Bruttien family, Elves from Feladan, have built a homestead just east of Mithril's Anvil.
    • Sign at Mithril's Anvil that said "To Great Wall" now says "To Hadan's Wall".
    • Numerous resources Dark Iron, Cows, Wheat, Onions, Potatos and Cedar Trees now spawn near Mithril's Anvil.

Known Issues
    • Nickel Golems (and related quests) are still present and not renamed.
    • Rune of Teleportation does not yet take players to the Gate of Embers chamber.
    • Envenomed Spear has not yet been converted to use Venom like Envenomed Arrow, nor is the expanded line offered via quest.
    • Fall Festival changes are not yet complete.
    Last edited by Velea; October 1st, 2011 at 11:47 AM.

Default Re: Blight Update 214

Just started testing the new Bloodmage stuff and the first thing I noticed is that I could no longer move after casting Blood Doll V. After much confusion for a few seconds I realized I was overburdened .. by 9999 blood dolls. xD

Got it. Thanks
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 1st, 2011 at 06:22 PM.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Akrion View Post
    Just started testing the new Bloodmage stuff and the first thing I noticed is that I could no longer move after casting Blood Doll V. After much confusion for a few seconds I realized I was overburdened .. by 9999 blood dolls. xD
    Doh! Hahah
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Found in interesting bug in harvesting the new dark iron. When I go and start harvesting a node, then run away without stopping the harvesting action, I will continue to harvest it no matter how far away I run. This was up in Summit. I was able to hit a motherload node and start the harvest, then run back to the smelter and fill my disk there so as to not run back at the slow speed. I didn't test the gold or iron nodes there.

This is a known issue.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 1st, 2011 at 06:24 PM.

Group Instant Transfer (in my case, the 2nd one) still does what the original did in that it will heal the user which heals over the damage the ability does to the user. In this case it heals beyond the damage done.

Seems there is a bug in the simulation code.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 1st, 2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

• Blood Bolt V does not take any techs, and all lower tier versions take techs up to tier +1. E.g., Blood Bolt IV will take Scorn V, not just Scorn IV, etc.
      -The tier+1 thing may not be a bug, since Blood Bolt I is learned at 20. I'm not sure. This is kind of a unique case here.

Got it.

• Steel Bar description: "A processed form of nickel ore and an iron bar, smelted for use in trade skills." Same for Adamantium Bar, just with adamantium ore + mithril bar.
      -Reference to the bar of the previous tier needs to be removed.

Got it.

• Attack Type for Lessen Power and Lessen Focus is listed as mind.
      -May not matter, as these spells do no damage (I think), but all other Lessen spells have blight as their Attack Type.

Got it.

• No NPCs whatsoever on New Koraelia that I can find.
      -Pax Istaria NPCs are successfully removed, but any NPCs from the Festival Grounds or outside Aughundell either didn't make it or were hidden too well. xD

• Some decorations in the Festival Grounds remain - tents and skeletons. There's also the big WA wall leading to the Crypt area.
      -I'm curious.. what will become of the Festival Grounds, if you care to tell?

• There is still a ring of shaded grass where the Aughundell festival decorations used to be.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 1st, 2011 at 06:48 PM.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

That's my fault, I put the wrong island in the patch notes. Fall Festival will be on New Brommel, not New Korelia.

But do clear your world cache before going to any of the modified areas, as it won't update terrain changes and such if you do not.

Ah. Okay. Now I see some NPCs. Not all of them and the dialogue for the NPCs that are there still reflects their past locations, but I figure I should hold off on reporting all that since you guys aren't done yet.

Went to have a look at the Yew Forest today:

• Forest weather zone does not extend all the way through Tragorth.
      -It cuts out about halfway through the destroyed adventure/craft circle structure.

Got it

• Not necessarily a bug, but there's still a lot of open air in the Yew Forest. A lot of the time, there is no tree above the player from which leaves could possibly be falling, yet the falling-leaves effect follows the player everywhere.

If you guys care/have time to, I'd recommend adding a bunch more large trees like the ones leading into Tragorth or the Grandfather Grove. Ideally, the Yew Forest would have a full canopy as canopies lend a lot to the "forest" feel. That forest-y ground texture used in Tragorth and the Grandfather Grove helps too.

Good idea.

• Ahala Bruttien does not appear to have any dialogue.

Got it.

Also, if the world-chache-clearing comment was directed at me at all, I made sure I cleared it before I logged in today and the issues outside Aughundell and at the old Festival Grounds remain.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 2nd, 2011 at 11:52 AM.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

The Kion settlement portal seems to have levitated up off the ground some.
    Also, the portal into Doom is difficult to get the menu for. Have to stand in just the right spot.
    Sondra De La Croix
    Guildleader, Crusaders of the High Plains, Blight Shard

Quote Originally Posted by Sondra View Post
    The Kion settlement portal seems to have levitated up off the ground some.
    Also, the portal into Doom is difficult to get the menu for. Have to stand in just the right spot.
    Try clearing your world cache if you haven't in quite a while. The terrain changed in Kion a few months ago with the Spring update.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I am having issues with missing ground terrain in different areas of the game. The objects all load ok but the ground doesnt. So the areas that I am not very familiar with require me to drive by map to get through. Have deleted world cache at least 3 times and still nothing. Areas that are missing for me are Bristugo-Dalimond area, parts of eastern deadlands and Kion. Could be more but I havent been everywhere to find out.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Quote Originally Posted by Grodec View Post
    I am having issues with missing ground terrain in different areas of the game. The objects all load ok but the ground doesnt. So the areas that I am not very familiar with require me to drive by map to get through. Have deleted world cache at least 3 times and still nothing. Areas that are missing for me are Bristugo-Dalimond area, parts of eastern deadlands and Kion. Could be more but I havent been everywhere to find out.
    Loading screen on or off?

Can you check the elm spawn in Elmnic - didn't see very many trees near the wood shop at all now.
    Chaos: Delite, Delicat, Delectable, Delikit, Delish & Deetara~Blight: DeeDee

While I do purr over milk, give me a huge mug of flavored coffee, I'll be ecstatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Delite View Post
    Can you check the elm spawn in Elmnic - didn't see very many trees near the wood shop at all now.
    And there won't be a ton near the wood shop. They are all around Elmnic now so you'll have to move around a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    • Blood Bolt V does not take any techs, and all lower tier versions take techs up to tier +1. E.g., Blood Bolt IV will take Scorn V, not just Scorn IV, etc.
      -The tier+1 thing may not be a bug, since Blood Bolt I is learned at 20. I'm not sure. This is kind of a unique case here.
    Got it.
    This is because there is no tier 1 blood bolt. Blood Bolt I is a tier 2 spell, and takes tier 2 techs, requires tier 2 resources (and has always been this way) etc. Blood Bolt V if this has introduced should be a tier 6 spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    This is because there is no tier 1 blood bolt. Blood Bolt I is a tier 2 spell, and takes tier 2 techs, requires tier 2 resources (and has always been this way) etc. Blood Bolt V if this has introduced should be a tier 6 spell.
    Negative, it is being changed so that BB1 is now the top end of Tier1.

Thread Information