Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk to the Team: Formulas/Techs and Loot

Default Re: Talk to the Team: Formulas/Techs and Loot

As per item #4) When you right-click on them they would be consumed and you would get a Formula/Technique of that type and tier....
    Im hoping the formula is not attuned to the person that opens it ?.
    Also could something along the same lines be done as w/ the presents of past you get a bunch of orniments and you go to venders and trade them in for what you want , or the "orniments" have a HV to them.
    After re-rereading this , I'm thinking maby the formulatron will except either coin or "orniment" type things.
    Hopefully this came out slightly clearer then mud..
    Andy.

Ok guess I will throw my two cents in. In a nutshell this would only slightly reduce the grind. Instead of grinding for forms you would be grinding for certain chests in the hopes of getting that certain form. The only way I could see lessening the grind from this point would be to only allow certain chests to be dropped by certain creatures.
    On the flip side it would be a bit of novelty if nothing else. I for one love to open things just to see whats inside. If this was done just from a fluff or novelty standpoint I would be all for it but I do not feel it would reduce the grind enough to warrant the work.

Muslyx
    EoI
    Chaos

Closing this as I understand the problem now. This would solve a problem, but not the one in Istaria (which is a lack of player-to-player dependency). Thanks for the feedback all! No worries, won't be moving forward with this one.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information